Roman Abramovich Thread

How can someone say something like this?

@https://twitter.com/ChelsTransfer/status/677500212370235392

Its only passion, and only words. Free speech by fans, the people that prop up the game. We may not agree with it though

People running the game get away with shitty actions, corruption, ripping us off is worse

And in Manchester you have another team in blue who know exactly what they want to be, exactly who they want in charge, have two great footballing people actually running the club and an owner who spent THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS US NET in the summer.

We're a husk of a club at the moment.

A husk of a Club that has won more trophies than that shower of shite from Manchester.

They have spent way more than us and have barely scraped through in Europe, got done over by a bunch of pensioners playing for Yawn'ited, just laughable really...

I think you worry too much about having a long term plan, the world is very short term now, nothing is built to last.

None of us know how this will turn out, could be good, could be bad, but could be good, the only way to tell is live through it and it's easier to do that with a smile on your face...

A husk of a Club that has won more trophies than that shower of shite from Manchester.

They have spent way more than us and have barely scraped through in Europe, got done over by a bunch of pensioners playing for Yawn'ited, just laughable really...

I think you worry too much about having a long term plan, the world is very short term now, nothing is built to last.

None of us know how this will turn out, could be good, could be bad, but could be good, the only way to tell is live through it and it's easier to do that with a smile on your face...

And yet they're primed to win the league this season, look well positioned in Europe and have a great idea of who they want to take over next summer. Plus they have a fantastic infrastructure in place, a great academy and a growing stadium and fan base.

You quite within your rights to talk about short term thinking but I can honestly say I wouldn't follow such thinking in either my personal or professional life. Short-term aims are key, but you have to have long-term aims as well as measurable goals along the way.

They know exactly what they want to achieve this season and they went about doing it ruthlessly in the summer whilst we bodged every deal. You can dismiss them all you wish but let's see if you can do that next May.

And yet they're primed to win the league this season, look well positioned in Europe and have a great idea of who they want to take over next summer. Plus they have a fantastic infrastructure in place, a great academy and a growing stadium and fan base.

You quite within your rights to talk about short term thinking but I can honestly say I wouldn't follow such thinking in either my personal or professional life. Short-term aims are key, but you have to have long-term aims as well as measurable goals along the way.

They know exactly what they want to achieve this season and they went about doing it ruthlessly in the summer whilst we bodged every deal. You can dismiss them all you wish but let's see if you can do that next May.

agree there is so much to admire in the way they deal with the community and their academy . There is I think fundamental differences between their aims and ours .

Roman is a football fan (atic) , he wants successful and exciting football . City are part of a giant PR exercise , image is important . Trophies are less important .

I have no envy towards City fans they have suffered for years . Good luck to them . I do hope more English clubs look at what City are doing for the community and within

their limited budgets follow the lead.

Jose Mourinho grew hugely frustrated with the transfer structure at the club, and felt it was impossible to succeed at #Chelsea. [ESPN]

That's believable. This summer he was let down badly by the board, and simply wasn't backed. The club showed no ambition to regain the league, had no ambition to progress in Europe and were inept along the way.

But we're a 'big club' apparently.

Roman just needs to write big cheques and he needs to employ a director of football or a technical director who will tell him to butt out....but instead he has Michael Emenalo and his old secretary advising him. The dream team indeed.

Man City instead have hired the guys who helped build the Barcelona dynasty. Qualified men, not a women's coach and tea maker.

Hmmm they are currently trailing to a squad that cost less than their toilet block :)

I do get what you are saying, I agree, they have put a fantastic infrastructure together, the problem is, there is no guaranteed recipe for success, that's what makes football so appealing. You can literally have everything and still lose out to an underdog.

But yes, broad strokes - their philosophy is years ahead of ours, we've had more u-turns than the Labour & Conservative governments combined.

The problem is, I think Roman likes to get involved, whereas Mansoor is slightly more passive.

I get the critiscm of Emenalo, but who should we get to replace him as Director of Football?

I feel at least with the new stadium plans we are moving in the right direction, pending CPO approval, our Academy is pretty decent, so we have all of the ingredients, just missing (some may argue the most important element) that definition of footballing ethos.

Our random approach has worked to a certain extent and I think it could possibly work for the future, but I'm happy to be swayed.

The smart money is on Pep to City, but football is full of twists and turns, so don't be surprised if he doesn't end up there.

I think it's always easier to look at other clubs and think they are doing it better, but then they are looking over here at our trophy cabinet thinking fucking hell, why don't we go a bit crazy like Chelsea... Almost akin to the grass is always greener idiom.

I used to plan everything, but sometimes it's impossible to plan for every eventuality and who was it who said, life is what happens whilst you're busy making plans... :)

Let's just hope come Kick Off we put on a fight and deliver a much needed victory.

Michael Emenalo is Roman Abramovich's go-to guy... the Chelsea technical director is one of the Russian owner's closest allies who appeared to seal Jose Mourinho's fate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3366251/Michael-Emenalo-Roman-Abramovich-s-guy-Chelsea-technical-director-one-Russian-owner-s-closest-allies-appeared-seal-Jose-Mourinho-s-fate.html

Sacking Mourinho could prove to be a good thing, even to some hardcore Mou admirers who didn't want him gone. To me too, as I was skeptical about his sacking. What's done is done, no need to analyze rights or wrongs anymore. Future is coming.

Appointing Hiddink as interim is IMO great first step. Giving him freedom and instructions to make changes, play some youth and neglected players as rumored. Maybe even giving some money to buy in January. He'll make things a lot easier to a new manager when he's gone.

We will see what second step will bring us or in other words, what will happen in summer.

It was really heartbreaking last couple of weeks, but things could stabilize now. So far so good.

Or he's won trophies IN SPITE of changing managers many times?

Maybe Roman just has the level of success you'd expect of anyone spending the amount of money he did regardless of their footballing acumen.

After 13 seasons he's got a club who have no idea what they want to be on the pitch and he's surrounded himself with yes-men who will keep it that way whilst alienating the hardcore support on two separate occasions.

And in Manchester you have another team in blue who know exactly what they want to be, exactly who they want in charge, have two great footballing people actually running the club and an owner who spent THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS US NET in the summer.

We're a husk of a club at the moment.

Roman hasn't done halved bad though has he? 15 trophies in 12 seasons - the most successful club in England during that period tells you he must be doing something right! This in an era when ole bacon face was around for a decade, City won't have a manager of that calibre to deal with....

Think you're forgetting the club decided to go down a different route financially a few seasons back with the abject FFP frightening the shit out of the hierachy, hence the reason why we have so many players on loan to eventually sell to make a profit, I also think the success we enjoyed last season whilst making a profit in the transfer market (the first team in 10 seasons to do so) goes very much under the radar, Jose & the club should get more credit for that achievement.

However having said all that I concur with most of the message you are trying to get across, before you returned I've quoted a few members outlining where it started to go wrong this season - not kin Evagate but the lack of ambition the board showed in investing in the squad! Jose gave them a list in kin April, yes kin April & they ignored him, he then made it clear that if anybody wanted Cech he would take one of theirs to weaken their squad, he was pointing the finger at Oxlade-Chamberlain I do believe. So in the space of less than couple of months the board undermined him & left him with scraps that incidently some of the gutbucket players threw at him after feasting all summer!

City have got one thing over us & that I very much agree with you in that they have knowledgeable experienced people in their set up.

My friends & I have been discussing this experienced football link for a while, it was patently obvious the squad needed investment, someone with half of a football brain in a position of TD would be explaining this to Roman & I'm pretty sure Cech would not of gone to a rival either!

Yes the club have been very successful in the Roman era but my biggest worry now is that a whole generation of talented young players (arguably the best in Europe) could be lost if we don't appoint someone as manager that puts his faith in those young players, think this is partly why it is imperative that someone with bollocks who can tell Roman how it is who can also be that link & shoulder for the manager & provide a platform for our youth to make that next step.