View from a non-fan

Let me just start off by saying I'm not here to vent anger, I'm not here to cause trouble I'm just here to give my views and get some back from Chelsea fans on their two big Champions league games against Barcelona and Bayern.

Often sides have played defensive football against Barcelona due to their brilliant attacking football. It wasn't a great game of football but there have been a few bad semi-final games in history because an underdog really wants to get through to the final. After the end of the game Chelsea were the better team because Barcelona do not have a target man they can put into the box and they demanded to much to come from Messi. If you watch La Liga Barcelona's away form let them down because the majority of their goals came from Messi.

Moving onto the final I had high hopes for a good game of football. Bayern aren't as dominating as Barcelona and they do have a target man or two.

The Champions league, the ultimate inspiration in club football for clubs, supporters and youngsters coming through. The final last night has done nothing good for the sport, I'm sure Chelsea fans will be delighted. At the same time I've seen fans complain about the lack of youth coming into your team. Several young talented footballers have been shifted away and not a lot of them have been given game time to progress. The performance from the team sums up why this has happened, the main thing a football club should be doing in bring in and develop new young footballers. Sometimes you have to buy youth and then develop them which is fine as long as the new club provides a platform for them to develop.

I support Celtic and we won the European cup in 1967 with the Lisbon Lions and with the way we won it pushed our club to where it is today. We got decades of benefits from winning it with style and all the men playing came from within 30 miles of Celtic park which was a inspiration to Scottish football. That is the true benefit of winning the UCL, not the win but the way it was won. It's effect can still be felt through the club today and is a massive inspiration to the youngsters and fans.

The question I have for you is how will Chelsea really benefit from winning the UCL last night? A win with style with youngsters would have been an inspiration to London as the 1967 win was an inspiration to the whole of Scotland and to an extent the whole of the UK as Man United was the second British team to win the European cup in 1968.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just start off by saying I'm not here to vent anger, I'm not here to cause trouble I'm just here to give my views and get some back from Chelsea fans on their two big Champions league games against Barcelona and Bayern.

Often sides have played defensive football against Barcelona due to their brilliant attacking football. It wasn't a great game of football but there have been a few bad semi-final games in history because an underdog really wants to get through to the final. After the end of the game Chelsea were the better team because Barcelona do not have a target man they can put into the box and they demanded to much to come from Messi. If you watch La Liga Barcelona's away form let them down because the majority of their goals came from Messi.

Moving onto the final I had high hopes for a good game of football. Bayern aren't as dominating as Barcelona and they do have a target man or two.

The Champions league, the ultimate inspiration in club football for clubs, supporters and youngsters coming through. The final last night has done nothing good for the sport, I'm sure Chelsea fans will be delighted. At the same time I've seen fans complain about the lack of youth coming into your team. Several young talented footballers have been shifted away and not a lot of them have been given game time to progress. The performance from the team sums up why this has happened, the main thing a football club should be doing in bring in and develop new young footballers. Sometimes you have to buy youth and then develop them which is fine as long as the new club provides a platform for them to develop.

I support Celtic and we won the European cup in 1967 with the Lisbon Lions and with the way we won it pushed our club to where it is today. We got decades of benefits from winning it with style and all the men playing came from within 30 miles of Celtic park which was a inspiration to Scottish football. That is the true benefit of winning the UCL, not the win but the way it was won. It's effect can still be felt through the club today and is a massive inspiration to the youngsters and fans.

The question I have for you is how will Chelsea really benefit from winning the UCL last night? A win with style with youngsters would have been an inspiration to London as the 1967 win was an inspiration to the whole of Scotland and to an extent the whole of the UK as Man United was the second British team to win the European cup in 1968.

In the biggest game in club footballl your hardly going to see our youngsters start. Bertrand was bold enough and we were marred with suspensions. Our squad isn't strong enough to go and attack Bayern in their back yard. Madrid couldn't do it, and both history and logic shows it would be suicidal. Many of our players may never get an opportunity again, so no matter how it happened tonight we had to win. We've never had luck in the past and if we played attacking we'd play right into their hands and it could've been embarrassing. It may be entertaining for some but not for us. The reprecussions were so high. If Scotland or Celtic got into the world cup and European final with the consequences already being so high, imagine being Chelsea who had to qualify next year for the UCL, may have lost Samsung, players might not get an opportunity again and the fact it helps attract more players (quite possibly Hazard), may just've screwed Spurs etc. We've built ourselves a platform for success, and now have the opportunity to buy the players this summer and possibly promote some of our youths. Maybe next year we'll be a whole different proposition, but at least we have the opportunity to provide that proposition now. And as a whole you can't say this journey hasn't been exciting, many neutrals I've asked have loved it tbh. When liverpool won they were dominated, 10 hellish minutes AC Milan blacked out for but hey I saw a poll the other day and it was voted the greatest night in European history.

What you dont realise is that we were playing brilliant attacking and expansive football till 2-3 seasons ago, its not like we have played like this forever.

Its the failure to get in the right coaches to take the team forward and make a good base for attacking football that has resulted in us not having a fluid attacking play, therefore at the moment, we have to set up tactically to first nullify the opponents attacking play, then have a few chances on the counter. We dont have players that can run at oponents ./.....

However, we are now letting our golden oldies move on, and are setting up a great base on which to build, and our game will become more stylish and attacking again.

The fact is that sheer perseverance passion and grit won us this CL, and it will be in the history books forever. next season we will have marko marin and hulk as well in the team, and im sure atleast one more flair player to come. Add that to Mata Torres Ramires and the others and we will be a much more exciting outfit again.

Watch out next season! The Bus was parked this season, but we are close to finishing building our supersonic train and will be demolishing teams with fast pacy attacking football.

The Barca and Bayern games were one off games, and trust me on this, we did play great football, and next season we will play attractive football again, after all, we are the Champions of Europe!

Gaffney - when we had a great team, we were "robbed" from the trophy on more than one occasion. but obviosly, u don't take note of that.

also defending is as much a part of the game as attacking is.surely, u cant expect chelsea to go up against possibly the best team in history and attack them. even united, real went in defensive against barca.

as for bayern, it was at the allianz and di matteo chose to cover their wingers with players who track back. this resulted in a lack of options to pass to in attack but in the odd moments when we did have men forward, we created openings (see drogba almost squaring a tap-in for mata, kalou drive, etc) i know over 120 mins its not enough but in the end u cant say we don't deserve this.

Football has completely changed since then mate . Its not about fielding the best english team since they are a english club its about fielding a team of the best players in the world so whether they come from Nigeria or Czech Republic it doesnt matter .

Also i doubt celtic would field there youngsters in a CL final aswell apart from the likes of Forrest who is probally one of the best players you have ..thats my point though you field the best you have.

I dont think you know chelsea's youth academy that well . Ryan Bertrand started the game which was a bold move by RDM him and Sam Hutchinson both started against Blackburn the game before and have a bright future , not to mention the likes of McEachran ,

If you are saying that Chelsea win it with old and non British players, It's true and I don't really see any problem with it.

How will we benefit ? It is simple => More money + more exposure which mean we can get better players to come to chelsea

First of all, before I start off; It's very sad to see that moderators here on TalkChelsea hop on the bandwagon when people post memes in general forums where they actually aren't supposed to be posted - you should know that. You're a moderator, be a role model to the other forum members. If you can't bother reading the original post because it is too long, then leave it. Just so stupid.

Back to the original topic; I think Chelsea have played very well in the previous games before the final. It is difficult to beat teams like Napoli and Barcelona, and they made it. However, from a completely un-biased view as a Madridista, Bayern Munich deserved to win the Champions League final. It all reflects on the game statistics. Bayern had the possession, shots, passes, corners and all the rest while Chelsea had none of it. Bayern were dominating the game, Chelsea wern't.

I am happy for Chelsea though, you finally won the Champions League title and I don't mind it, at all. Just saying that based on the final performance, Bayern should have won it.

If you're going to reply to my opinion, at least reply maturely and unbiased, please.

First of all, before I start off; It's very sad to see that moderators here on TalkChelsea hop on the bandwagon when people post memes in general forums where they actually aren't supposed to be posted - you should know that. You're a moderator, be a role model to the other forum members. If you can't bother reading the original post because it is too long, then leave it. Just so stupid.

Back to the original topic; I think Chelsea have played very well in the previous games before the final. It is difficult to beat teams like Napoli and Barcelona, and they made it. However, from a completely un-biased view as a Madridista, Bayern Munich deserved to win the Champions League final. It all reflects on the game statistics. Bayern had the possession, shots, passes, corners and all the rest while Chelsea had none of it. Bayern were dominating the game, Chelsea wern't.

I am happy for Chelsea though, you finally won the Champions League title and I don't mind it, at all. Just saying that based on the final performance, Bayern should have won it.

If you're going to reply to my opinion, at least reply maturely and unbiased, please.

judging by your user name you are probably as biased as we are ...and certainly more pissed off.

so run back home and check out how Arjen is feeling ,,,We are celebrating winning a trophy Real haven't won in a while

The people who say we didn't deserve it obviously haven't been watching us for the past 8 years. We deserved it a long time ago, it just happened to come at a time when nobody expected it.

Anyone who lifts the Champions League trophy deserves it. Any complaining about how we got it are just sore losers. That's all there is to it. The game isn't decided by possession or corners won. It's decided by goals.

Exactly a win is a win , as a chelsea fan i thought it was a great final full of twists and turns , i still dont get what the negativity is all about by the non chelsea fans .

It looked like Bayern had it sealed with a late goal so pretty much every football fan who isnt a chelsea fan was jumping with joy then drogba scored and they all hated us again . Then they had the penalty then they were happy ...robben missed :getin: then they were angry again ....penalties in the bayern end they must of been happy . Then we won it ....then they were raging !

Ach who cares about them we are the :blue scalf: :blue scalf: CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2012 CAREFREE :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

I do know that you's have reached the final before but at least you went out with sporting dignity. If your a fan you will obviously be enjoying the result, I'm just saying you won't win as many fans if you could, you might lose some glory hunting fans eg people who just buy the shirts. Basically you didn't put down all your chips in the final so Chelsea won't reap as many benefits.

Thanks for the people who replied in a nice manner, it's appreciated even if out opinion differs. Celtic will won't reach a UCL final until money is removed as the dominating factor in successful football teams, we reached it when players weren't instant millionaires for finishing bottom of a league.

I liked it when I seen Boas join Chelsea, I thought he would bring good football to Chelsea but the squad isn't good enough for that in the EPL. As it stands your squad suits the anti-football tactic, Boas needed a few seasons to turn things around and the backing of the players.

The only stat that counts, is the goal statline. And as you may know we had a better one than Bayern.

Bandwagon? How about you stop questioning my staff team before I put you on the 'banned-wagon'. They do an outstanding job here, putting in considerable time and effort for next to no reward or recognition. Consider that before criticising them.