Spike

People need to drop this Di Canio rubbish. He's here to run a football club not run a political campaign. There wouldn't be a sniff in the media if he had once been a committed Marxist.

What is this Di Canio thing?

What is this Di Canio thing?

He used to consider himself a fascist and has been seen giving fascist salutes (which is admittedly unsavory.) But, he's since said he's neither fascist nor racist and I just don't see what its got to do with his ability to run a football club personally.

He used to consider himself a fascist and has been seen giving fascist salutes (which is admittedly unsavory.) But, he's since said he's neither fascist nor racist and I just don't see what its got to do with his ability to run a football club personally.

Alright, that really isnt much of a help, lol.

I will do a little research about it...

He racially abused one of his players at Swindon, of which he apologized again for just this week.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/di-canio-apologised-to-ex-swindon-town-star-after-racist-comment-complaint-1-5548744

This guy is such a bellend he even has a tattoo in honor of one of the savages who passed some of the most racist laws in Italian history under the "manifesto della razza". He isnt fit to manage a club.

He racially abused one of his players at Swindon, of which he apologized again for just this week.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/di-canio-apologised-to-ex-swindon-town-star-after-racist-comment-complaint-1-5548744

This guy is such a bellend he even has a tattoo in honor of one of the savages who passed some of the most racist laws in Italian history under the "manifesto della razza". He isnt fit to manage a club.

Its a dangerous game to decide who is and isn't fit for employment based on their own personal inner thoughts, opinions and beliefs. If he makes a racist comment then, an offence has been committed and he should be punished or sacked. Until then he's here to manage a football team. Nothing else.

Its a dangerous game to decide who is and isn't fit for employment based on their own personal inner thoughts, opinions and beliefs. If he makes a racist comment then, a offence has been committed and he should be punished or sacked. Until then he's here to manage a football team. Nothing else.

Saying a guy who has tattoos honoring a racist, and who has racially abused a player before, isnt fit to manage a club isnt the same as saying he isnt fit for employment at all.

Its the same as stopping a blind man from being a chauffeur. Di Canio is obviously a person who shouldnt be managing a bunch of individuals from diverse backgrounds given his beliefs. No one would complain if he was picking up rubbish, or working in an office somewhere in a homogeneous environment.

Saying a guy who has tattoos honoring a racist, and who has racially abused a player before, isnt fit to manage a club isnt the same as saying he isnt fit for employment at all.

Its the same as stopping a blind man from being a chauffeur. Di Canio is obviously a person who shouldnt be managing a bunch of individuals from diverse backgrounds given his beliefs. No one would complain if he was picking up rubbish, or working in an office somewhere in a homogeneous environment.

I hate Di Canio as a person, he strikes me as an aggressive, arrogant scumbag. But, where do you draw the line? Would a conservative like me who doesn't personally believe in multiculturalism be suitable to run a football club? Who are you to decide who's suitable and who isn't. People shouldn't be confined to certain areas of employment based on personal beliefs. If he starts trying to promote his opinions then its a different story but, i don't believe he will.

I hate Di Canio as a person, he strikes me as an aggressive, arrogant scumbag. But, where do you draw the line? Would a conservative like me who doesn't personally believe in multiculturalism be suitable to run a football club? Who are you to decide who's suitable and who isn't.

How does a person who doesn't believe in multiculturalism come to support a club which was and is the very definition of multiculturalism? :lol2:

How does a person who doesn't believe in multiculturalism come to support a club which was and is the very definition of multiculturalism? :lol2:

I didn't choose which team I supported based on my political beliefs at the age of 5 you utter mongoose. Im sure you fully consulted the profit forecast's and business plan before choosing to pledge your allegiance to the brand, me on the other hand inherited support from the Old man.

I hate Di Canio as a person, he strikes me as an aggressive, arrogant scumbag. But, where do you draw the line? Would a conservative like me who doesn't personally believe in multiculturalism be suitable to run a football club? Who are you to decide who's suitable and who isn't. People shouldn't be confined to certain areas of employment based on personal beliefs. If he starts trying to promote his opinions then its a different story but, i don't believe he will.

Not believing in multiculturalism, or even being a conservative, is a much bigger difference than supporting Italian Fascism :D

I do see your point though.

I didn't choose which team I supported based on my political beliefs at the age of 5 you utter mongoose. Im sure you fully consulted the profit forecast's and business plan before choosing to pledge your allegiance to the brand, me on the other hand inherited support from the Old man.

No, I didn't really have a choice in the matter either because my old man started taking me to games so early, which is why I find it weird that you wouldn't believe in multiculturalism considering the support we have at matches both at home and abroad. Then you've got our playing staff who exemplify the positives of multiculturalism and the staff throughout the club, as well the owner and board.

As for Di Canio, this seems to be an issue that some fans seem to have ideological issues with and they're totally right to express them. The media then picked up on it and blew it up, but then again HE IS A FUCKING FASCIST. It's a ludicrous thing to be and I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

It's not comparable to being a conservative (or Conservative) or even having a silly little belief about multiculturalism.....HE'S A FUCKING FASCIST. That's one step away from writing tactics on the whiteboard in shit in my opinion.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

As long as no one is hurt, Di Canio can be as facist as he pleases. I think some people instantly think of Hitler and Stalin with facism and that is not always the case.

Fascists seek to unify their nation through a totalitarian state that promotes the mass mobilization of the national community.

Nothing wrong with that as long as people aren't hurt and liberty isn't taken away from them.

As long as this doesn't happen:

Fascism views political violence, war, and imperialsim as a means to achieve national rejuvenation and asserts that "superior" nations and races should attain living space by displacing weak and inferior ones.

No, I didn't really have a choice in the matter either because my old man started taking me to games so early, which is why I find it weird that you wouldn't believe in multiculturalism considering the support we have at matches both at home and abroad. Then you've got our playing staff who exemplify the positives of multiculturalism and the staff throughout the club, as well the owner and board.

As for Di Canio, this seems to be an issue that some fans seem to have ideological issues with and they're totally right to express them. The media then picked up on it and blew it up, but then again HE IS A FUCKING FASCIST. It's a ludicrous thing to be and I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

It's not comparable to being a conservative (or Conservative) or even having a silly little belief about multiculturalism.....HE'S A FUCKING FASCIST. That's one step away from writing tactics on the whiteboard in shit in my opinion.

Listen you self-righteous mess. If i don't believe in multiculturalism that's my own personal choice. We had one of the most far-right bunch of fans in England when you claim to have been going to games so im not sure the clubs always been quite the liberal, tolerant paradise you seem to think. Don't patronise or mock me from your detached, suburban house because I may have different political opinions to your own good, infallible self.

As long as no one is hurt, Di Canio can be as facist as he pleases. I think some people instantly think of Hitler and Stalin with facism and that is not always the case.

Fascists seek to unify their nation through a totalitarian state that promotes the mass mobilization of the national community.

Nothing wrong with that as long as people aren't hurt and liberty isn't taken away from them.

Did you miss the word 'totalitarian'.

Listen you self-righteous mess. If i don't believe in multiculturalism that's my own personal choice.

Absolutely, but that choice isn't precluded from being questioned or mocked especially if it's a bit silly. Sorry about that, but that's one of the things about democracy.

You do believe in democracy right?

We had one of the most far-right bunch of fans in England when you claim to have been going to games so im not sure the clubs always been quite the liberal, tolerant paradise you seem to think.

They weren't necessarily the good old days though. It's actually one of the things in our history we should probably be happy has reduced in size considerably (I'd love to say disappeared but can't).

Don't patronise or mock me from your detached, suburban house because I may have different political opinions to your own good, infallible self.

Why? You can mock my views if you want.

Actually I will add that I lost a lot of respect for Di Canio this week (I'm sure he's heartbroken). Fair enough, believe whatever crazy shit you want but at least have the balls to defend it rather than hiding behind a female PR director in your first press conference. For someone happy to flash signs to fans to then hide behind 'his family' (how many times he mentioned that I'm not sure, but it had no relevance) is cowardly.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Did you miss the word 'totalitarian'.

Absolutely, but that choice isn't precluded from being questioned or mocked especially if it's a bit silly. Sorry about that, but that's one of the things about democracy.

You do believe in democracy right?

They weren't necessarily the good old days though. It's actually one of the things in our history we should probably be happy has reduced in size considerably (I'd love to say disappeared but can't).

Why? You can mock my views if you want.

Jesus Christ. Just because it's Totalitarian doesn't mean it's going to be an Orwellian type world with everything taken away from the people. As long as they can still operate as human beings it's fine.

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life whenever necessary.

'Whenever necessary'. Doesn't sound absolute to me. Whereas 'everything' does.

I don't agree with the system myself. And I don't want to live under it or for anyone else to, but just some nutty Italian football manager isn't going to hurt anyone (I hope).