Spike

Don't know about that seeing as the Tory's are trying to destroy the B.B.C and. the N.H.S.. They also want to bring back fox hunting and systematically destroy the unions. The B.B.C. series The House of Cards as good as it was had two other parts to it. The second one To Play The King is to an extent overlooked. Michael Kitchen is basically playing Prince Charles minus the ears. He's a do gooder who frequently clashes with Urqhart's more or less fascist government. This was made in 1994 and is fiction but i'm sure Cameron saw this show and thought yes that's good enough for me. The rich wallowing in there greed and avarice while the rest of the country has fuck all and struggle to make ends meet.

Margaret Thatcher was being paid 50 quid a go to enter the interview van.

I expect the fee has gone up since then, but that's for the big shots.

The lowly uptown back of the woods mister smarmy-face has to cough up, otherwise it's he and his pub landord.

Mind you I have read somewhere that the legendary Richard the Lion heart was a bit of a fraud.

His contemporaries nicknamed him "Richard I said - I said not".

The truly progressive king was John John of the castle of Nottingham.

Candidate walks in pub and there is a cup tie on the tv, live.

It's the second half and the score is 0-1.

Candidate says "wow, I hope the %??^4/.##45/ 5%^##234$$###$3 go out".

We reply "we pray and hope, they go to extra time as things stand".

Candidate leaves, does n't stay till the end of the match.

Months pass, candidate returns and says "here guys, this is my new election prospectus".
We go through it, contains new garages, new car parks, new shopping areas, jobs for everybody, new transport vehicles, then we co to page 3 and it says "lifelong supporter of %??^4/.##45/ 5%^##234$$###$3" !
Hey, we say, that's imposs, everybody here knows you always supported one of the local teams.
Delete we add, utter shame will accompany you forever.
"No" he says, "you are not communication scientists, what do you know about communication science ? They have lots of supporters, it's the thing to write in a prospectus" !

• 2 weeks later...

'Oathkeepers' out in force last night on the anniversary of the shooting in Ferguson.

Oathkeepers, all white, basically redneck nutters openly armed.

Can you imagine the police response if there had been dozens of black people stood around carrying automatic, semi automatic rifles and pump action shotguns.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FROM THE POKE WEBSITE.

The Syrian refugee crisis is complex and puzzling, with lots of factors that have to be taken into account. Fortunately, we have a class of people’s whose job it is to do just that.

They will look at the angle from all sides, take into account myriad factors that we can’t even begin to comprehend, and then they will issue a pronouncement wiser and more humane than anything the general public could come up with on their own.

Or at least they would, if anything they said turned out to be true.

Because when you look back at it, it turns out that the only people who know less about what’s going on in Syria than us… is them. Politicians’ views range from ill-informed and self-serving to actively, destructively wrong, but fortunately for the world of comedy, that doesn’t stop them giving them.

So strap in, and get settled for The Poke’s guide to Politicians V Facts in the Syrian refugee crisis.

(by @Natt)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

EVERYONE is sad because a photo has emerged of a thing that has been happening several times a week for months.

It has been confirmed that everyone kind of knew the thing was happening, but now they are very sad and angry because there is a photo of it.

Martin Bishop, from Hatfield, said: “If only there wasn’t a photo of the thing that’s been happening for months, I wouldn’t have to care about it.

“But, according to the rules, now that there’s a photo of the thing we all kind of knew was happening, something must be done.

“And don’t show me any more photos.”

EVERYONE is sad because a photo has emerged of a thing that has been happening several times a week for months.

It has been confirmed that everyone kind of knew the thing was happening, but now they are very sad and angry because there is a photo of it.

Martin Bishop, from Hatfield, said: “If only there wasn’t a photo of the thing that’s been happening for months, I wouldn’t have to care about it.

“But, according to the rules, now that there’s a photo of the thing we all kind of knew was happening, something must be done.

“And don’t show me any more photos.”

I knew, but that pic got me crying. I saw my son of 4 in that pic. We cannot fight populism without sometimes seeing the truth and disclosing it.

. Im glad we take in people (too few) but i am apalled by Saoudi end neighbours to do nothing. This has gone way byeond Shia and Soennie. Mix in Israel. If this keeps going op the entire middle east. Europa, middle east are getting ripped apart..

Still, europe is a fag!

• 2 weeks later...

Essentially Malcolm Turnbull challenged the PM Tony Abbott to a leadership ballot of the Liberal Party. In doing so, Turnbull resigned as Communications Minister and the die was cast. The ballot was filled and Turnbull is now PM.

Essentially Malcolm Turnbull challenged the PM Tony Abbott to a leadership ballot of the Liberal Party. In doing so, Turnbull resigned as Communications Minister and the die was cast. The ballot was filled and Turnbull is now PM.

Wait, I don't follow Australian politics too much, but Abbott was from the Liberal party? Seriously?! :lol:

I really don't want to see you what your conservative party is like....

So Corbyn...a politician that I feel hopeful and excited about....I don't know what to do with such feelings..

Proper old skool labour, not the charlatan neo-liberals masquerading as Labour that we have had since 1997, but we shall see.

He will be 70 at the next general election...still 20000 people have joined the labour party since he was elected on Saturday.

off topic -went to lebanese restaurant last week...bloody good food :D