Trying to Overturn the Suspensions

It is just a tabloid from Munich, but I really hope both clubs do this. Maybe, just maybe UEFA would see reason. If they intend to change the rule, and both teams would be rewarded with 3 players each being made eligible, and the game (and thus ratings) would be improved, only a body completely daft would refuse. And since it's UEFA, no way in chance they do it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt both will appeal when UEFA came out and said they won't change their policy this season. To reiterate my last point, we have no right to ask for this rule to be changed this season. Maybe before next season's.

The rules MIGHT be changed for Barca or REAL ...BUT they would HAVE TO BE CHANGED FOR LIVERPOOL..

Defintly.Still surprised they havent changed any rules to make sure they get into the CL....And really shocked they actually went into Europa in the first place..surprised no loop hole was found there!

Cant see them changing their policy..be nice but nah never gana happen..or not when an English clubs involved...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7714964/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Even Sky have now picked up on it. RDM said they would consider appealing if there's any possibility but admits it will be very difficult.

Here's the thing I'm curious about(posted this last week IIRC). Had Madrid & Barcelona made it to the final and Messi & Ronaldo are both suspended, would UEFA ignore the plea not to suspend them for the Champions League final?!

This could be a blessing in disguise.

Losing Alaba, Badstuber & Gustavo is a major blow for Bayern, especially Alaba as he cannot be replaced equally. Luiz & Cahill are more than adequate replacements for JT & Ivanovic, Ramires is the only big loss.

Losing Alaba, Badstuber & Gustavo is a major blow for Bayern, especially Alaba as he cannot be replaced equally. Luiz & Cahill are more than adequate replacements for JT & Ivanovic, Ramires is the only big loss.

I think quite the same. They basically have lost their best defenders and for me their best player in Gustavo, who stopped almost every Real's attack. We've seen that Bosingwa is now capable of performing and that Cahill & Luiz duo is prepared to go. Ramires will be missed but we've seen all of our players in good form now, so we can expect a good team performance.

I thought the same, but if I put the actual fouls into perspective, Ivanovic should never of been carded and Ramires' booking was equally harsh. Their grievances are genuine. You can't have a card happy referee in the semi-final, who's unyielding to 'personal' verbal so to say. Their bookings technically had nothing to do with the game. And with Gustavo, Van Buyten could recover as an adequate replacement. Alaba's booking was actually a joke but he is top quality and I'm relieved he won't be playing. In these circumstances no matter how genuine our grievances are, it is inevitable that a rescission for us will entail rescissions on Bayern's side too. So in this scenario I think it could indeed be a blessing in disguise.