Frank Rijkaard

Aesthetic Relic

Vital-Chelsea

In the very week that Avram Grant signed a four year deal a leading tabloid has come up with an extraordinary article.The NOTW is suggesting that the current Barcelona manager, Frank Rijkaard is being lined up to replace Avram Grant next season.Rijkaard has supposedly had three job offers - Dutch coach, Bayern Munich coach and one other (us?) and is going to announce where he intends to spend next season in December.The tabloid suggests that the four year contract recently awarded to Avram is nothing more than a thank you for safely guiding the good ship Chelsea through the stormy waters that threatened our safety during the immediate aftermath of the ending of the Mourinho era.On the surface it looks to be a preposterous suggestion and an insult to the integrity of Avram Grant that is until you look at the Henk Ten Cate situation.Has he arrived at Stamford Bridge ahead of his Barcelona associate?Did he split from Barcelona on amicable terms with Rijkaard?Or is the NOTW just filling in a few column inches with some eye catching headline without any substance?
Interesting theory....... :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have denied reports that Frank Rijkaard has been lined up to take over as manager at the end of the season. Sunday newspaper speculation claimed that Blues owner Roman Abramovich wanted Rijkaard to replace Avram Grant in the hot seat. Abramovich reportedly wants to appoint a high-profile coach at Stamford Bridge, with Grant having been in charge since Jose Mourinho's exit in September. The Israeli has impressed in the role and was rewarded with a new four-year contract by Chelsea on Thursday. The Premier League club have now issued a statement to dismiss rumours that Grant is only a stop-gap solution. "Media reports suggesting other managers will be offered the job at Chelsea Football Club are totally without foundation, moreso as Avram Grant signed a new four-year contract on Thursday," read the statement on the club's official website. Rijkaard is understood to be considering his future at Barcelona after four years with the Catalan giants and could leave next summer. His former assistant at Camp Nou - Henk Ten Cate - is currently Grant's No.2 at Stamford Bridge.

Sky Sports

I dont see how he will be.Jose was contracted for yonks,he won things during that time.If Grant doesnt win anything Roman isnt exactly gana be 'oo yes lets let him see out his contact'.Then again Kenyon might feel differntly but still

I dont see how he will be.Jose was contracted for yonks,he won things during that time.If Grant doesnt win anything Roman isnt exactly gana be 'oo yes lets let him see out his contact'.Then again Kenyon might feel differntly but still
I suppose the difference is that Grant will listen to Roman and will do anything he says, let him interfere.Jose wouldn't. Edited by Hazboom

I suppose the difference is that Grant will listen to Roman and will do anything he says, let him interfere.Jose wouldn't.
Thats one of the reasons I cant stand him. I feel he was put in the job because of this ( partly). He hasnt the backbone to be his own man......he is a snake thumbsup.gif

Then we need a man who would listen to Roman yet manage to manage the team properly. I think that Roman, from his own experience, won't be signing another Mourinho type hard-man in a decade - he might be suffering from a migrane after that.

I dont think the 4 year contract is worth the paper its written on and interestingly enough, Grant obviously doesnt either. He might be a retard.......well actually that goes without saying, but even he had the good sense when asked how he felt about getting a FOUR YEAR contract to say "One year, two years, what does it matter? I'm here for as long as Im here", or maybe he's been in on the little 'plan' all along which is why he couldnt care less?

Anyway, back to Rijkaard, yet another tosser but at least a qualified tosser who's had success at a top level. Again, its been suggested that his success was largely down to Ten Cate but then we've already got him and if they can work successfully together again, who knows?

Wouldnt pay much attention to the club denying it either, we've all heard them refuting stories in the past. NOTW though.......didnt they say the pope was an atheist once?

Guest Lampards Bitch
Then we need a man who would listen to Roman yet manage to manage the team properly. I think that Roman, from his own experience, won't be signing another Mourinho type hard-man in a decade - he might be suffering from a migrane after that.

Well if Roman wont assign a Manger of Jose's caliber, he aint gunna see Chelsea win anything. The football world is tough, you need back bone and to tell it how it is.

I am seriously considering having a career in the football world, like in the FA. I'm not joking either. They need to wake up and smell the fucking coffee and I would damn well make them do it.

I think he would be a good appointment, then again, Martin Allen, Iain Dowie, Ade Boothroyd, Harry Potter and Roger Rabbit would be more suitable than the mug we currently have in the seat. Wonder what the views from inside will be on the wanker if we lose to the scousers on Weds?

if we are trophy less this season, i dont see him being sacked yet. but i also dont see him staying for 4 years. surely Roman wants to win stuff eventually.

Then why get rid of Jose. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

We didnt win the league last season probably because of RA's stubborness not to give Jose any funds to buy players in January that Stevie Wonder could see we needed.

And he sees Grunt as the way forward......God help us -_-

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You