Frank Rijkaard

Aesthetic Relic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats because ANY alternative, Mr Blobby, McClaren, or Mr Bean, looks a more attractive proposition at the moment.

:)

Agree with Badboy - the Dutch thread with Ten cate could work really well -and they're both familiar with Arnesen

Lol, funny how everyone all of a sudden would LOVE to see Rightguard at Chelsea..... wasn't too long ago everybody completely disliked him and would never want him here :)

Frank is a quality coach and we are a quality team we need to forget the past.

I agree it would be a good appointment for us for sure. Not too sure if i can see it happening though, a Jose to Barca/Rightguard to Chelsea swap does look possible for the summer though!! And he does have the experience of bringing through younger players..

Its obviously a knee jerk reaction from Mr Toad being scheize to wanting Riijkaard, and maybe there are better candidates, but the positive is hes worked with Ten Coats.

Anyway, Rijkaard's record

As a player

1980 Made senior debut aged 17 for Ajax under Leo Beenhakker

1982 Won championship with Ajax, the first of three titles in his first spell at the club

1987 Fell out with Johan Cruyff, eventually going out on loan to Real Zaragoza before moving to Milan where he achieved legendary status

1988 Arrigo Sacchi converted him from central defender to world-class midfielder in a side with Marco van Basten and Ruud Gullit who won the European Cup twice and Serie A title twice. As an international won Euro 88 and a semi-finalist in 1992

As a manager

2000 Despite inexperience as a manager, he guided Holland to the Euro 2000 semi-finals

2003 After a difficult start he turned around Barcelona's fortunes. They finished runners-up in first season before winning La Liga twice

2006 Won Champions League, beating Arsenal in the final

Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard will reject any offer to join Chelsea in order to stay with the Catalan club, according to his brother and agent Herman Rijkaard.

Reports in the British and Spanish press on Thursday suggested the former AC Milan star was wanted by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to replace under-fire Avram Grant and lead a new revolution at the club.

Grant's future at the club has been in doubt after Chelsea's defeat to Tottenham in the Carling Cup final, while speculation over Frank Rijkaard's Barca future has been rife for some time.

In October, there were reports the Dutchman would follow his former assistant at Barca, Henk Ten Cate, to the Blues.

However, a recent upturn in form at Barcelona has led to his agent making it clear his brother is not interested in quitting his contract, which expires at the end of next season, early.

He told the Independent: "Frank Rijkaard will not sign for Chelsea.

"Things are going well for him at the moment at Barcelona. It's his fifth year at the club and everything's going well at the minute.

"The team is growing and if things continue like this they could win the league.

"Frank has decided to see out his contract."

On Wednesday Barcelona president Joan Laporta told a press conference in Spain he had spoken to Frank Rijkaard about his future plans and was confident the coach will stay in Spain.

"I asked Frank if he still had the same motivation and passion as before and he told me 'more so'," said Laporta.

When asked how long he would like to see Frank Rijkaard stay at the helm, Laporta replied: "As long as he wants to."

Hes only managed Holland and Barcelona (and some shit dutch team briefly which went very badly). He can manage the flair teams but that dont make him a great manager. I don't like him really. He would only come for the £££. I would prefer an established Ex-blue (player wise or managerial wise) any day, who loves the team and shows 100% passion every game. I'm not a great fan of managers who haven't got anything to do with the club. Still, if we get him, we get him. And TBH we might. I think it looks likely. Specially if Barca don't win anything come may (or june, however the spaniards do it)

you don't replace someone with their clone, so why replace grant with rijkaard..

i was, am and will be against rijkaard for Chelsea, the guy has more weed in his brains than football nous..

What ever he has won everything for barcelona. Try find a better manager in your country. :lol:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You