Van Persie Wins the PFA Footballer of the Year

FranklyFrank

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22042012/58/premier-league-van-persie-named-pfa-player-year.html

I really didn't want him to win but because no Chelsea player was going to win it I'm not too mad.

Walker won the young player of the year over Sturridge but I can't complain because Sturridge hasn't been to great recently.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RVP deserved it more or less...he's been amazing for Arse this season...

as for Walker...he's done well for Tottenham also and impressed me though lots of people here look at him as a younger version of Bosingwa...we'll see what he'll be in a couple of years but my guess is a great right back.

LMFAO KYLE WALKER WON THAT............. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

yeah i suppose making costly defensive mistakes and being a right back version of theo walcott just using your pace to burst forward is truly amazing. Damn, what's next?, Shit even Heskey deserved the young player more than Walker and he's 34.

They both deserve.

We can say what we want about Walker's abilities, but it's good to see a young kid breaking through and showing others that they are capable of doing so in top clubs.

All it is, is english promoting english youngsters, they do it all the time. If this kid was from Romania or Russia or Italy or where ever he wouldn't of got it i bet you any money on it. Even just young players like Sturridge of Welbeck deserve it more. I don't care if Sturridge has had some dissapointments recently, because Walker has been costing Tottenham 24/7.

Fucking joke of awards, Van Persie's was well deserved though without doubt.

Just realised Walker got picked over Aguero.................so laughable

Walker hasn't had one good game since 2011, he got man of the match against us for doing fuck all aswell.

ibhPEWv7agQupK.gif

Any defender who can just let a player slip like this, is just stupid, infact not even a defender anyone. He has practically run infront of you and you just stand there and then realise half an hour later.

Just realised Walker got picked over Aguero.................so laughable

Walker hasn't had one good game since 2011, he got man of the match against us for doing fuck all aswell.

ibhPEWv7agQupK.gif

Any defender who can just let a player slip like this, is just stupid, infact not even a defender anyone. He has practically run infront of you and you just stand there and then realise half an hour later.

You forgot to add all of United's 3 goals' when they ran riot at WHL. Not to mention the fact he makes Bosingwa look like Maicon.

All it is, is english promoting english youngsters, they do it all the time. If this kid was from Romania or Russia or Italy or where ever he wouldn't of got it i bet you any money on it. Even just young players like Sturridge of Welbeck deserve it more. I don't care if Sturridge has had some dissapointments recently, because Walker has been costing Tottenham 24/7.

Fucking joke of awards, Van Persie's was well deserved though without doubt.

Yeah fair comment. He definitely doesn't deserve it over Aguero, but at the same time, props to him for breaking through the Tottenham squad and becoming an England senior.

2009 the PFA decide they have a touch of nostalgia and give the award to Ryan Giggs.

2010 Wayne Rooney get's the award over Drogba despite the fact Drogba outscored Rooney with 2 major obstacle's Rooney didn't face (wansn't first choice spot kick taker and was at ACON for a month).

2011 Bale gets the award, based on what? 2 good games in Europe.

Now this year they top the lot by giving the young player award to a defender who can't defend, who's going to win it next year Glen Johnson?

Only in this country.

RVP, well deserved. But how does Walker win it over Aguero, let alone get shortlisted over Mata? What is the judging criteria? Surely there has to be some explanation.

And I don't understand how Parker makes PFA team of the year. Didn't we suck enough Parker dick last year, sheesh.

Manager of the Year is an even worse sham than PFA Footballer of the Year. Invariably it goes to the winner of the PL, if there's any justice it should go to Pardew. What he has done at Newcastle has been nothing short of remarkable, and had we been 3rd or better I would be rooting for them to finish 4th.