159 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom line is they missed three sitters, Messi cost them the goal.

We were immense, they weren't, they had the ball three times longer than we did but could not score. Not many, if any, other teams could give Barca the ball for an hour and not let them score.

They're not that good, we were. Instead of standing back and admiring them we gave them a game - we won it.

In recent years, we have quite a good record at Camp Nou.

2004/2005 We lost there 2-1

2005/2006 We drew there 1-1

2006/2007 We drew there 2-2

2008/2009 We drew there 0-0

I would bite your hands for any of these results.

In recent years, we have quite a good record at Camp Nou.

2004/2005 We lost there 2-1

2005/2006 We drew there 1-1

2006/2007 We drew there 2-2

2008/2009 We drew there 0-0

I would bite your hands for any of these results.

We got smashed 5-1 aet in 2000 IIRC.

The thing about Danny Boy is that he is a defensive liability. You bring him on when we need a goal & some pace. You can't really dispute w/ the way RDM ran things yesterday. True we were a bit lucky, but we got the result we wanted...A goal advantage. All to play for on Tuesday.

I think that Sturridge would be a great option for Tuesday to stretch them on the counter I think he is faster than all the defenders they are able to play but it would also rest upon Sturridge putting in such a defensive shift that I've not seen from him on the right wing. I'd personally prefer he played than Torres - who I have no confidence in this type of match(or any match for that matter).

Great win, i was so happy yesterday. What a nerve racking game, i was shocked they missed so many sitters but i guess luck was on our side. I am proud of everyone, but if i had to pick a MOTM it will either be Cahill or Cole, but don't get me wrong, they all played great. Hopefully more of the same next week.

Id take a 2-1 Loss.

We cannot be comfortable with a 0-0 scoreline. I dont want a Liverpool repeat from 5 years ago. Where we lost on Penalties.

I really hope the referee doesnt fuck it up.

We have NEVER lost to Barca 11 on 11. Hope it stays 11 on 11 and we get a 1-1 draw.

Id take a 2-1 Loss.

We cannot be comfortable with a 0-0 scoreline. I dont want a Liverpool repeat from 5 years ago. Where we lost on Penalties.

We have NEVER lost to Barca 11 on 11. Hope it stays 11 on 11 and we get a 1-1 draw.

Don't we advance if it's 0-0? Either way, we're going to have to counter efficiently for the 2nd leg because Barca won't miss those chances at Nou Camp.

Don't we advance if it's 0-0? Either way, we're going to have to counter efficiently for the 2nd leg because Barca won't miss those chances at Nou Camp.

He means we can't get comfortable on a 0-0 during the game because in a second it can go 1-0 Barca and were facing a penalty shootout.

Chelsea “studied Milan” in order to beat Barca

ROBERTO DI MATTEO explains Chelsea have managed to beat Barcelona by looking at Milan.

Chelsea surprised the world last night after beating FC Barcelona with a great defensive display (or an example of anti-football – depends which side you support), taking the advantage in the UCL semi-finals.

The Blues performance was similar to what Milan did against Barcelona in the previous round, but the difference is Didier Drogba’s goal from a counter-attack. Chelsea admit they learned from Milan.

“Our preparations for the game against Barça were based on the tactical approach that Milan used when they played versus Barça,” Chelsea’s Swiss-born Italian boss Roberto Di Matteo said, as reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport. “By studying how Milan played against Barça, we were able to stop them last night.”

Chelsea vice-captain Frank Lampard said: “We watched the 2 matches that Milan played against Barçelona, and then we understood what we had to do against them. The second leg will be a great one.”

Milan’s brilliant home display (defensively) was not enough as they conceded three goals at the Camp Nou Stadium also due to a poor refereeing. The second leg will be played in Spain next Tuesday.

Id take a 2-1 Loss.

You mean 1-0 not 0-0. We win if neither team score at the Camp Nou.