The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Pep is the first 2 time Euro Treble winning manager ever

Yep.

I think it’s arguably a better treble than United’s one also which will be the inevitable comparison. On paper at least, that City team is better then the United 99 team.

Nobody remembers how you play in finals and even if it’s brought up the narrative is quickly the ILOVEBRITISHTEAMS mentality of commentators to turn shite performance into ‘determined’ ‘gritty’ blah blah blah, end of the day we all knew they’d take a catastrophic cock up to not beat Inter and they almost did. Treble is mightily special and congrats, if I were Pep I’d call it there, naturally.

11 hours ago, milka said:

Nobody cares about citeh  except their fans in a week or two nobody will remember this  boring final 

Tbf same with any other team and fans...I dont remember their finals and why would I. Weren't involved don't give a crap.

Nice for City I guess. Even though have spent spent spent it still takes someone to make it all work which Pep has..unfortunately. Not our rivals and won't be for a while unless we actually start playing again and again and again 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Lukaku in a nutshell. He's been instrumental in Belgium's & Inter's failures. 

With regards to City, it's weird that they've won the treble and hardly anyone cares.

City had to face some pretty tame opponents this year so they made it at last.
Inter did well yesterday.
They played destructive football but without at the same time giving ground to City.
It was the best they could and if they had a striker sharper than Lukaku they could have taken it to extra time.

Edited by cosmicway

27 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

They played destructive football but without at the same time giving ground to City.
It was the best they could and if they had a striker sharper than Lukaku they could have taken it to extra time.

Milito was in the stands yesterday; he would have won the tie for him. I believe Inter had the better chances prior to conceding (Ederson had a dreadful first half, which will probably be forgotten) and only have themselves to blame rather than be content with the notion that the better side wn.

53 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Pretty tame opponents 🤣? Fucking hell. Yes nobody wanted to see them win it but there sure has been some nonsense regarding their win.

They beat Inter, Real and Bayern in the run from quarters to final. Hardly tame opponents, probably 3 of the toughest teams you can play in European competitions or you’d think so.

As well as having Sevilla and Dortmund in their group who are also no pushovers. I mean when we beat Dortmund under Potter over the two legs it was a “great” result for us so yeah to say that they had tame opponents along the way, nonsense.

Inter had their chances but they are a top top team also, they didn’t have chances by fluke. They had earned their place in the final also, having Bayern, Barca in their groups, beating Benfica & Porto as well as AC Milan. Both teams had difficult paths and games to overcome so both deserved their places and you’d think after having seen us win the CL twice that there truly are no easy routes to the final.

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pretty tame opponents 🤣? Fucking hell. Yes nobody wanted to see them win it but there sure has been some nonsense regarding their win.

They beat Inter, Real and Bayern in the run from quarters to final. Hardly tame opponents, probably 3 of the toughest teams you can play in European competitions or you’d think so.

As well as having Sevilla and Dortmund in their group who are also no pushovers. I mean when we beat Dortmund under Potter over the two legs it was a “great” result for us so yeah to say that they had tame opponents along the way, nonsense.

Inter had their chances but they are a top top team also, they didn’t have chances by fluke. They had earned their place in the final also, having Bayern, Barca in their groups, beating Benfica & Porto as well as AC Milan. Both teams had difficult paths and games to overcome so both deserved their places and you’d think after having seen us win the CL twice that there truly are no easy routes to the final.

PSG and Bayern are remnants of what they used to be.
AC Milan and Dortmund were beaten by Potter's 44 points Chelsea with ease.
Plus Inter is not, well, world class.
It was always champions league teams of course, not Krasnodarsk and Voivodina, but the task was easy.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

PSG and Bayern are remnants of what they used to be.
AC Milan and Dortmund were beaten by Potter's 44 points Chelsea with ease.
Plus Inter is not, well, world class.
It was always champions league teams of course, not Krasnodarsk and Voivodina, but the task was easy.

“The task was easy” fuck sake, it is never easy 🤣 After watching us win it twice I thought you’d of grasped that no?

I mean if you thinking winning the CL is easy at all then I don’t know. I mean nobody thought Inter would make the final. Nobody thought AC Milan or Napoli would make it as far as they did. To come out with this absolute drivel is mental. 

PSG, Bayern, whoever may not be as good or complete as they once were but you still have to beat these teams. And over 2 games anything can happen.

Much worse teams than that City team have won the CL and teams almost as/as good as that City team haven’t won it. Its the hardest competition to win in Europe. This is why. Once you get to the quarter finals, all the teams are pretty good.  

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

“The task was easy” fuck sake, it is never easy 🤣 After watching us win it twice I thought you’d of grasped that no?

I mean if you thinking winning the CL is easy at all then I don’t know. I mean nobody thought Inter would make the final. Nobody thought AC Milan or Napoli would make it as far as they did. To come out with this absolute drivel is mental. 

PSG, Bayern, whoever may not be as good or complete as they once were but you still have to beat these teams. And over 2 games anything can happen.

Much worse teams than that City team have won the CL and teams almost as/as good as that City team haven’t won it. Its the hardest competition to win in Europe. This is why. Once you get to the quarter finals, all the teams are pretty good.  

They are a top team of UCL level but the task was easy.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Agree. It is ridiculous to say Citeh had an easy path.

On 12/06/2023 at 11:05, Vesper said:

Agree. It is ridiculous to say Citeh had an easy path.

The dead easiest ever was Greece cup 1991. Panathinaikos had to face 2nd-3d division teams from September to May.
With City it was nothing like that but by UCL standards it was an easy ride.
Same can be said for the great Ajax of 1971-74, by default, as there was no match for the flying Dutchmen - all the other teams were inferior.

Edited by cosmicway