The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think Sarri with no European footy next season would be good fit. He would have time on training ground which is essential for his football. But Spurs also want him so probably better option for him.

Guess he fits the bill?

hace 4 horas, Stats dijo:

He was hyped up too much tbh. He had a bigger reputation than a lot of managers because he worked with Pep and won FA Cup, but he has been tactically really bad this season. It is crazy that there is more pressure on Ole and Jose losing their jobs than Arteta yet both are better placed in league. Spurs obviously sacked Mourinho now, but Arteta seems to get away with a lot. I genuinely thought Arsenal might win Europa and have won of their seasons where they do shit but have some cup glory and there fans talk like they have had a brilliant season but no, they were dull and had no real ideas tonight.

This is true.

Last season I felt he put an identity on Arsenal though, they played 4 at the back but it went to a 3 with the ball with Tierney sort of tucking in more like a left sided CB than Pushing on as a wing back. They weren’t breathtaking or had obvious quality but could play more direct if they wanted to with Aubamayengs pace and his tendency to drift out wide or play a bit more patient and shorter despite not having a huge deal of creativity in midfield. They had intensity and a structure that made them difficult to play against. 

I think now though he is on the way out. He just said 90% of his squad tonight have never played in a semi final... which is utter bullshit. Even more so considering they won an FA cup last season going through the process of playing quarters and semis to win. Likes of Aubamayang, Bellerin, Tierney, Willian, Partey, fuck even Rob Holding, all played tonight and have won trophies, playing cup finals and semi finals. Then even the squad in general, David Luiz, Granit Xhaka, Lacazette, hes got a lot of players in there with trophies and experience of these ties. Or in big games to know that they should do better. 

Just watching them tonight, chasing a goal to flip the tie basically, from like the 70th min onwards they gave away so many stupid fouls for balls they were never winning, like for me that was as big a sign as to how immature a team they are and how immature and out of his depth Arteta as a manager is. Young teams needs a manager and some senior pros to guide them and make up for the lack of experience or immaturity in their decision making at times. Be that playing some older heads or telling them to be a bit more smarter etc, Villarreal and Emery just used all their experience. They were desperate, so Villarreal just managed the game excellently, winning fouls, taking the hits knowing they were coming etc slowing it right down. 

My mate is an Arsenal fan and he said regarding tonights game for them and this is a direct quote from a group chat “Arteta’s arrogant belief in this slow backwards orientated passing style of football is predictably mind numbing and nothing like Guardiola who he is obviously dying to be like, should be learning his trade at a smaller club where the stakes aren’t as high” which has escalated now to the point where now he would take Sarri or Graham Potter in to replace him 😂 

hace 4 horas, Jas dijo:

Waiting for @Tomo to come butcher Arteta...

To be honest he was telling us last season he wasnt up to much and nobody listened... 

hace 4 horas, Tomo dijo:

It ain't funny anymore, i'm genuinely worried he's getting sacked. 

Tbf I fully agree. But you’d think even if this take over goes ahead or doesn’t, whoever the owner is would be doing their club an absolute disservice not sacking Arteta before its well too late. Its close enough.

He may not have had huge money like other clubs but they have got players that are better than their league position reflects. 100%. Guys like Tierney, Partey, Leno, Gabriel, Aubamayang, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Lacazette, Bellerin... to be sitting 9th and only looking like its going to get even worse. It is incredible. 😂

17 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He may not have had huge money like other clubs but they have got players that are better than their league position reflects. 100%. Guys like Tierney, Partey, Leno, Gabriel, Aubamayang, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Lacazette, Bellerin... to be sitting 9th and only looking like its going to get even worse. It is incredible. 😂

Exactly. I mean when I hear people make excuses for them saying their squad is not good enough for top 4. Utter nonsense. Saka, Laca, Auba, Tierney, Partey, Odegaard, Gabriel are all players who are top 4 quality. Not just that, they have very good squad players. Martinelli, Pepe has not reached the heights expected but he is a decent squad option.

This is one of the best squads they had for years and they flopped big time which is the truth. Our squad last season baring in mind we lost Hazard and had many players coming from loan who previous season were playing in Championship, was weaker than their squad this season yet we got top 4. The excuses people make for them is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

2021 UEFA Europa League, Final

Villarreal                         102.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Manchester United        360.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2021/europa-league-final-villarreal-vs-manchester-united-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/page-3/

f1f9808a880c40ed62bf7b29010bdb04.png790233da7b45174f77cff995daf5b2ae.png