The Walking Dead

This show is currently going through the "We have no clue where we're going with this" phase, and I'ma smellin' me some stale writin' as characters banter pointless dialogue back and forth. The action has dropped substantially too. Really, how many times do you want to see a zombie with an arrow in it's head? The Guv is a whiny, smaller-than-life villain.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This show is currently going through the "We have no clue where we're going with this" phase, and I'ma smellin' me some stale writin' as characters banter pointless dialogue back and forth. The action has dropped substantially too. Really, how many times do you want to see a zombie with an arrow in it's head? The Guv is a whiny, smaller-than-life villain.

You're not alone thinking that. I just hope it's only a case of calm before the storm and the season will end with some great action and a good setup for the fourth season.

I'm still enjoying the show, but yeah it is looking weird, i thought when Daryl and Merle where gone i thought they would of split the show up and we would of seen Daryl and Merle traveling around, just like when it was Andrea and Michone at the start of the season.

Episode 12 was one of the best in a long time, with Morgan coming back. And to be honest they did that brilliantly, i remember reading the comic and the Morgan bit was just shit, they didn't handle it well at all in the comic, they actually even killed Morgans character he turned out to be very weak and he had about as much to say as T-Dog.

Where in that episode the story was fantastic, the only thing I'm not happy about is Morgan not coming back to the group, that would of been good to see as i do think they are still lacking a character. Also I'm not happy about Tyrese, he was like one of the most awesome characters in the comic, he was even more badass than Daryl, so far he deosn't really seem like anything.

OH AND JUST A QUESTION, WHATS UP WITH THE ONE BLACK GUY RULE?

As I said, the show was miles better when walkers were the main threat, not humans. One of the most powerful scenes was when Shane and Otis were trapped behind some barred fence in front of a store with a bunch of walkers just around an arm's reach with the only screw holding the fence secure shaking, threatening to open any moment. This is the kind of horror element that is lacking severely now, the kind where you sit watching and thinking "I would shit myself if this happened to me". Now they throw a few walkers in here and there as mere fillers. The characters are looking at them like "oh, another one, I wonder if I have time to take a piss before smashing its head?" instead of "AAAH FUCK RUUN FOR YOUR LIVES" like it used to be.

I wonder what turn will the show take after killing the governor.

As I said, the show was miles better when walkers were the main threat, not humans. One of the most powerful scenes was when Shane and Otis were trapped behind some barred fence in front of a store with a bunch of walkers just around an arm's reach with the only screw holding the fence secure shaking, threatening to open any moment. This is the kind of horror element that is lacking severely now, the kind where you sit watching and thinking "I would shit myself if this happened to me". Now they throw a few walkers in here and there as mere fillers. The characters are looking at them like "oh, another one, I wonder if I have time to take a piss before smashing its head?" instead of "AAAH FUCK RUUN FOR YOUR LIVES" like it used to be.

I wonder what turn will the show take after killing the governor.

These aren't really spoilers but are in a way, in the comics it goes back to survival mode again, where the zombies just keep coming and they need to find a new salvation. It actually gets a lot better after the prison

The comic book is way ahead now mind, but where it's currently at in the comic it's actually great, can't wait till the show reaches it there, that's if it does anyway.

But yeah then after that it turns out to be humans vs humans again, but it's a lot better, and there is someone even worse than the governor believe it or not, even though the governor is very corrupt and a huge liar and manipulater, this new guy doesn't even fucking hide it.

It actually gets a lot better after the prison

I sure hope so, I think the prison is the worst setting so far. I am probably the only one who actually liked the farm, although it was a bit annoying that they were put for so long, but now with the prison I appreciate season 2 even more. Survival mode ftw!

I sure hope so, I think the prison is the worst setting so far. I am probably the only one who actually liked the farm, although it was a bit annoying that they were put for so long, but now with the prison I appreciate season 2 even more. Survival mode ftw!

After the prison they don't only have to survive, they end up having a purpose, and they have to get somewhere in hope of stoping this whole zombie disaster, but i think I've said enough. Anyways lets just hope the TV series actually make it very interesting after the prison, but i myself don't actually mind the prison.

• 3 weeks later...

Man that season finale was sweet. The beginning dialogue between Milton and Governor was one of the best dialogues so far ("in this life now, you kill or you die... or you die and you kill", this brought goosebumps fuelled by the following epic intro, damn).

Not to read if you haven't watched that episode

The Guv has now lost his plot and I fully expect him to be dealt with in the first few episodes of the upcoming season. His loyal sidekicks have seen his true nature and I suspect they won't be loyal much longer. I find everything was perfect in that episode, there were some memorable scenes, like the one where Carl explained why he executed that kid. I thought he was trying to be a tough kid to prove himself, but when he explained it, it made sense why he did what he did. I could sense Rick's loss of words because I would've been lost too. He is growing to be Shane's kid though if he continues like that, he definitely is trigger happy. And that scene where Governor slaughters his people, it reminded me of the controversial episode in COD that got the game banned in Russia.

The ending was sad, I could have easily teared up had I allowed myself to grow a pair of ovaries.

What I am not happy about though, is that they weren't forced out of the prison. They have now basically made it a hotel and moving all those people would be pain if they had to leave, so I can't see them voluntarily deciding to go. Something bad has to happen. I expect most of the Woodbury folk to be slaughtered one way or another and that is what will (hopefully) force them out.

Does anybody else sometimes think about things like what do women use during periods? What do they use to wipe their asses once the toilet paper has ended? They look clean, how and with what do they wash?

Downloaded 2 different torrents for the finale episode. One of them doesn't have the last 10 mins and other one has fucked up audio and video.
Anybody having a working proper torrent to download the last episode? Please share! Thanks.

Downloaded 2 different torrents for the finale episode. One of them doesn't have the last 10 mins and other one has fucked up audio and video.

Anybody having a working proper torrent to download the last episode? Please share! Thanks.

Worked perfectly for me

http://glowgaze.com/forum/showthread.php?1887-The-Walking-Dead-Season-3-Finale-Episode-16-Download-S03E16-Streaming-Subtitles

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched Season 1 again. The Walking Dead S1 was just brilliant. The city setting, the backs-to-the-wall stuff, Shane etc.

The farm stuff started the decline and this horrible governor storyline has seen TWD hit rock bottom. Season 1 >>>>>>>>>>>Season 2> Season 3

Just watched Season 1 again. The Walking Dead S1 was just brilliant. The city setting, the backs-to-the-wall stuff, Shane etc.

The farm stuff started the decline and this horrible governor storyline has seen TWD hit rock bottom. Season 1 >>>>>>>>>>>Season 2> Season 3

Indeed Season 1 was the best of the bunch. Fantastic season and the one that gained TWD it's popularity and critical acclaim. Season 2 was pretty horrible.

Season 3 started out sooo good but stalled too much on the prison and eventually nothing really happened by the end of it.

I hope TWD redeems itself in Season 4. I really do because at it's best TWD is one of the best shows on Television. It used to be fantastic. It's not terrible right now but Game of Thrones has spoiled me, so I want more from TWD.

Indeed Season 1 was the best of the bunch. Fantastic season and the one that gained TWD it's popularity and critical acclaim. Season 2 was pretty horrible.

Season 3 started out sooo good but stalled too much on the prison and eventually nothing really happened by the end of it.

I hope TWD redeems itself in Season 4. I really do because at it's best TWD is one of the best shows on Television. It used to be fantastic. It's not terrible right now but Game of Thrones has spoiled me, so I want more from TWD.

Yeah. I think killing Shane meant that they needed another clear-cut negative character. Maybe that's why they went towards the Governor storyline.

I would have loved to see the Morgan Jones (guy from the pilot) introduced as a regular cast member.

In the comics, his son turns and he kills humans to feed him. i was disappointed that story arc was never pursued on the TV series

• 2 months later...

Currently on Season 3 Episode 12, think season one was best but i think for development of characters and for being able to add more tension within the group, it has been, so far brilliant. The fact that for most of the second season was more like fucking soap opera with few zombie kills was the downfall, but towards certain characters it started to develop them well. Shane was the best one though, but was a miss sitter towards the middle half of the season, bit like some of season 3. The build up to the 'twist' about the Governor was built up nicely, but they prolonged it too long before it became 'wtf!' and the least said about the Andrea character the better.

Loving the Rick and Carl development, think he could become a really good character for season 4, and the showdown with Rick and the Governor is nicely tensed along side the tension within the group with Merle, etc.Didn't like the filler characters, who died way too quickly for myself to really connect with them yet, and Glenn seems to be getting the push he needs as well. Meh, i guess i like the development of these characters within this 'sanctity yet hell' setting, but the threat hasn't really emerged yet. Guessing to be some fast paced episodes from 13-16.

Read the Morgan storyline in the comic, dunno if he comes back yet (maybe on the episode i haven't watched or something??) but would be nice. Read on Wiki that the character is still alive so he could become a possible member of the group.

Finished the final episode of the season, and OMG how good it was!

The indulge into the fact of sanity in an insane world is what this series highlights well, and i fully expect something will happen to force them to find Alexandria (or whatever it is called) from the Comic books in the next season. Despite not liking the Andrea character, i really felt for her during her death scene and the ending where Rick searches for the image of Lori, but she isn't there is a nice little homage to finally he is losing the quilt that he had over loosing her. I think that the dramatic ending questions more though, about what will happen next, but hopefully with the for-runner of the show, the drama will be less simplified to a certain amount of characters to a larger role now they have more potential characters to work with.

The Rick-Governor thing didn't happen, which was a little saddening, but i think it does showcase the two differing spectrums in which they have had to face as people - both have flirted with the possibility of 'madness', which one character going down one path and the other one the other. Yet again, it was brilliant for me to an extent but wasn't a finale in the sense of what it should have been, instead being more of a bridge-way to the next season.