Old Firm

Justin_3d

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a football club. Their political identities mean bugger all. It's not as though Celtic players were members of the IRA.

Their political identities may mean bugger all to you in Australia , but when their fans glorify and celebrate terrorists who killed innocent British citizens including women and young children and still endever to do so , that means something to most of us over here.

I like Rangers for the connection with Chelsea.

I hate how the connection was seemingly born out of shared hate.

I like Celtic, because I fit in with there fans much easier (Catholic, etc). Though saying that I seemingly have only English heritage...

I hate Celtic for there circle jerk over the IRA. Terrorists are terrorists and deserve to vilified no matter how noble or how corrupt the cause.

Let's just say I hate them both, but would love for them to be in the EPL (or WEPL as I like to call it).

Their political identities may mean bugger all to you in Australia , but when their fans glorify and celebrate terrorists who killed innocent British citizens including women and young children and still endever to do so , that means something to most of us over here.

Wow, I didn't know that. Sorry if I sounded out of line.

Yeah, I'm a Celtic man because I'm Catholic as well, and they had some cracking players earlier in the decade- I've never seen anyone hit free kicks better than Nakamura, and our own Scott McDonald was on fire at Celtic for a while.

Could not agree more, they hate everything British.

• 4 weeks later...

They had a mock gun at the game on Sunday, still sing IRA songs, hire from terrorist families - aye they know their history.

On a football note though neither team would cut it in the EPL, lucky if they would in the Championship. I'm a Rangers man but neither team is anything near the quality required. Rangers have been on their knees for four years and barely signed a player and all Celtic can muster is a tainted SPL trophy and they're beaten in the final and semi of the cups.

Celtic in Europe - are you serious, have a look at their record in say the last five years - it is utterly appalling. Rangers not much better.

Rangers will become a newco and wil probably drop to the 3rd division. When that happens Scottish football will cease to exist. It will cost each SPL club 600k a year that they don't have, SKY will wlak away as will most other sponsors. There are another 4 or 5 SPL clubs teetering on the brink as it is. The knock on will devastate the whole game here. The SFA and SPL have not thought through their merciless shafting of Rangers - it will cost them their existence.

Out of curiosity, how many of you support Rangers or Celtic? I'm a Celtic fan myself. I know many Chelsea fans prefer Rangers because of that historical connection, but I just want to know how far away I am from the norm.

Rangers, we are the people :D. Should say i ONLY support Chels but ive a strong pull towards the Gers

think what has happened to Rangers is a tragedy , It is not a case of supporting or liking them. It is recognising

the position they have held in World football and their magnificent history ,, Truly sad to see a giant destroyed

They're a football club. Their political identities mean bugger all. It's not as though Celtic players were members of the IRA.

This shows how little you know about this horrible bunch. They revel in the IRA connections to the club and happily sing about their terrorist idols. I wont lie and say the Gers fans dont but not to the same extent. After the murder of 2 soldiers at the Massereen barracks in my own Northern Ireland by these murdering scum a section of celtic fans waved PIZZA BOXES (the soldiers were murdered after going to collect a pizza) thats the sort of supporters this team have. The political identities ARE THE CLUB

this is another example of their great support enjoy http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2311845/Celtic-fans-mock-soldiers-killed-by-Real-IRA.html

think what has happened to Rangers is a tragedy , It is not a case of supporting or liking them. It is recognising

the position they have held in World football and their magnificent history ,, Truly sad to see a giant destroyed

It is but this could happen to many many more teams in the future. Sign of the times i suppose

They had a mock gun at the game on Sunday, still sing IRA songs, hire from terrorist families - aye they know their history.

On a football note though neither team would cut it in the EPL, lucky if they would in the Championship. I'm a Rangers man but neither team is anything near the quality required. Rangers have been on their knees for four years and barely signed a player and all Celtic can muster is a tainted SPL trophy and they're beaten in the final and semi of the cups.

Celtic in Europe - are you serious, have a look at their record in say the last five years - it is utterly appalling. Rangers not much better.

Rangers will become a newco and wil probably drop to the 3rd division. When that happens Scottish football will cease to exist. It will cost each SPL club 600k a year that they don't have, SKY will wlak away as will most other sponsors. There are another 4 or 5 SPL clubs teetering on the brink as it is. The knock on will devastate the whole game here. The SFA and SPL have not thought through their merciless shafting of Rangers - it will cost them their existence.

The sky thing is a cert as they have the right to cancel the tv rights if either of the old firm leave the spl

William Hill have apparently been in contact with the SFA as they are being boycotted by Rangers fans and its costing them money. I doubt if you'd ever get a single Old Firm shirt sponsor now but if Rangers go bust that would be one of the many 'side effects' so Celtic would struggle for some sponsorship.

Many public projects would suffer too if theyre not supported by both halves of the divide.

Personally, I would welcome a drop to the 3rd division. Fuck the lot of them. Rebuild and come back stronger - sees who's on their knees then, then join the English lower leagues.

Cant see Celtic being welcome at many English grounds - one thing singing songs about putting people in body bags in Scotland, entirley different singing them in English cities where they've actually done that.

Rangers are fading a bit due to difficult financial reasons and the fact they are in administration but I think the current Celtic side will become a good squad in the next year or two.. yes I might be slightly biased as I support Celtic as well as Chelsea lol!

The likes of Izzaguire, Wanyama, Kayal, Forrest, Matthews, Hooper, Stokes, Ki, and Commons could all cut it in the PL imo and they will get better as they are only like 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 except Commons and Izzaguire who are 27 and 26 I think. Also there are a few Rangers players who could also make it in the PL, Naismith, McGregor, Davis and Goian maybe. Jelavic was an ex Rangers player and look at how well hes doing and Bougherra could of defos been in a top 8 team in the PL if he didn't go to Qatar for money as well.

Scottish football in general is poor but some of the players in it aren't.

To be fair, Rangers fans aren't exactly angels themselves.

Not at all - huge faults on both sides. It's the inconsistency that annoys me - they get to sign IRA songs with impunity, we get told to stop singing the hokey cokey - honestly

Rangers are fading a bit due to difficult financial reasons and the fact they are in administration but I think the current Celtic side will become a good squad in the next year or two.. yes I might be slightly biased as I support Celtic as well as Chelsea lol!

The likes of Izzaguire, Wanyama, Kayal, Forrest, Matthews, Hooper, Stokes, Ki, and Commons could all cut it in the PL imo and they will get better as they are only like 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 except Commons and Izzaguire who are 27 and 26 I think. Also there are a few Rangers players who could also make it in the PL, Naismith, McGregor, Davis and Goian maybe. Jelavic was an ex Rangers player and look at how well hes doing and Bougherra could of defos been in a top 8 team in the PL if he didn't go to Qatar for money as well.

Scottish football in general is poor but some of the players in it aren't.

I think theyre big fish in a small pond. You're lucky if they get 4-6 decent games a year to play in. They're found out in Europe - even before they get to the competitions proper. It's now at the stage where neither are good enough to win away from home in Old Firm games. We get SPL 'highlights' before MOTD - the difference is jaw dropping.

If the players you mention are so good, why are they still here, why do they come here. You can buy the whole of Rangers for the price of an EPL squad player. I don't think any ambitious quality player would consider Rangers or Celtic as a good career move. Guaranteed CL football was always a draw but even thats a distinct improbability now. If you want 50,000 fuckwits watching you skin Dunfermline or St Mirren (and they can't always) then the SPL is for you, if you want 50,000 people watch Drogba, Torres, or any EPL player for that matter tear you a new one every week then try your hand in the EPL. They can either be 15k a week heroes or 45k a week victims - they know their class and they know where they should be.