New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go that far. For all we hate about Benitez, he's still one of the best available coaches out there right now.

One of the best available coaches?

Good god, what the world has come to!

Instead of wasting time with Benitez is time to gamble on the one person who deserved a shot a long time ago. Moyes!

And I don't care what people say that he could turn out to be a Roy or Sam making a pigs ear out of everything. Cause it surely will be a much wiser and smarter choice then Benitez. No one will blame him if you choose that option.

Benitez is rubbish and anyone denying that is either a scouser or has been brainwashed by scousers. Moyes would be the sane choice but I'm concerned that the players will get back to their tricks and get him fired if he tries to break them up.

Even if you have empirical evidence that Benitez is a quality manager, he's a bumbling fool. We'll go back the Liverpool way splashing cash on the Ryan Babel's and David N'Gog's and Nabil El Zhar's of the world.

Benitez is, tactically, a better manager than most.

He has faults though, which I won't deny, like his inability to grasp the line between lack of rotation and over-rotation. His transfers are sometimes mystifying, though he's found a few gems in Xabi Alonso, Torres, Agger, Reina etc.

As Kostas once pointed out too, he runs players into the ground as well so it definitely wouldn't go down to well with the older guard of course. Though he'd be good for maybe 2-3 season, over the long term he wouldn't be too kind on the squad.

Just my, unbias, opinion though. As a Chelsea fan, don't want him anywhere near the club, but as a football fan I recognise he's not totally inept.

We will try going for Mourinho and Guardiola. If that fails, Hidink will be next. If that fails...I guess Benitez and Capello...

The only thing going for us in the mourinho negotiations is that he wants to return to england....otherwise v r fried....5th place, europa lge..aging squad....

Reports have suggested that Guss may consider a return to Chelsea in June but I would appreciate if Roman looked at younger candidates.Guss is 65 years old and since longevity is what we fans crave for,I think the job will be unsuitable for him.We need a coach in his 40s to 50s who has achieved substantial amount of recognition and is a great motivator but then again Roman contradicts the whole idea of managerial longevity at this club.

Based on my judgements,I have shortlisted the 3 most viable and realistic candidates.

1.Didier Deschamps

2.Pep Guardiola

3.Frank Rijkaard

Reports have suggested that Guss may consider a return to Chelsea in June but I would appreciate if Roman looked at younger candidates.Guss is 65 years old and since longevity is what we fans crave for,I think the job will be unsuitable for him.We need a coach in his 40s to 50s who has achieved substantial amount of recognition and is a great motivator but then again Roman contradicts the whole idea of managerial longevity at this club.

Based on my judgements,I have shortlisted the 3 most viable and realistic candidates.

1.Didier Deschamps

2.Pep Guardiola

3.Frank Rijkaard

Didier deschamps plays negativ football.....he s notorious fr it

Didier deschamps plays negativ football.....he s notorious fr it

I disagree,I think with a player history at Chelsea and having some great experience with Juventus and Marseille,he might just be the one of the very few out there who can be successful here.

I disagree,I think with a player history at Chelsea and having some great experience with Juventus and Marseille,he might just be the one of the very few out there who can be successful here.

Tactically yes..he has a footballin brain...but will he be backd? a higher profile manager will be givn his own space while few bad results and deschamps will b "avb'd"

The new manager must either have an earth shaking reputation that would make even our current set of bellends think for a second before trying any shit, or must be given a 100%, lock in guarantee that he will not be sacked for the duration of the contract.

Imagine if Villas-Boas and Roman had a deal where he was 'sacked' with the promise that he'd be reappointed once the rebels in the squad had been crushed/sold :Goober: