New Chelsea Manager

Given the dearth of available quality candidates, I'm really starting to think we should retain Bobby D. I only question what he can do in the transfer market.

He spotted Odemwingie for West Brom so he obviously has an eye for hidden gems.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He spotted Odemwingie for West Brom so he obviously has an eye for hidden gems.

Fair enough. The only reason why I was questioning his abilities in the market was because I was unfamiliar with his dealings at West Brom.

Why the hell not. Robbie > Capello/Blanc. Mourinho and Pep won't come. Rafa we won't allow to come.

I'll take van Gaal over Robbie though.

What about Guus Hiddink and the clause in his contract to become a free agent in June?

Hiddink > van gaa l> rdm> blanc/capello/moyes???

Jose Mourinho or Roberto Di Matteo now it has to be one of them, no one else should even be considered.

Jose still loves the club and the fact that he quickly came out and rebuffed the City links but not our one's could be telling? and he is the only man that can guarantee to be a success, its the only non risk, lets look at the other candidate's.

Guardiola - If he comes here he will need to use the transfer market, his record in that department is very so-so, he's a great manager but could you imagine him trying to teach our bunch tika taka?

Moyes - Too risky could easily backfire like Roy did with Liverpool and Big Sam with Newcastle. Working wonder's at a mid table team with a limited budget doesn't automatically mean you will win the league when you do get a kitty to dig into.

Bielsa - Would be a mix of AVB and Juande Ramos in the PL, long term might be good but short term would be a tragedy and our board are not patient enough.

Low - Been in International football for far too long, would be just like Scolari.

So either we should get Jose back or give RDM a one year deal at the end of this season and see what happens. Atleast RDM will know which players need to go, Jose would get rid of surplus players regardless i just don't think i can hack another 'squad assesment' this summer.

I like how you come here and break all this with your analysis, but I also remember you had same analysis for AVB back at the beginning of the season......In fact the biggest hyper of the AVB reign Eldo, is no longer here to stick out his neck.

So I won't buy your Moyes comparison to Sam and Roy. I still want Moyes! blue%20scalf.gif

What about Guus Hiddink and the clause in his contract to become a free agent in June?

Hiddink > van gaa l> rdm> blanc/capello/moyes???

I don't want to see Hiddink. He'll stick around for 2-3 years and retire, it'll be a short term fix. We should be looking for managers who can give us at least 5 years.

I don't want to see Hiddink. He'll stick around for 2-3 years and retire, it'll be a short term fix. We should be looking for managers who can give us at least 5 years.

Like who?

Hiddink can stabilise the club and then a younger manager can come in and lead us forward

You guys must be careful. Dalglish also was a good one when he was a temporary manager, when he became a permanent one and had to buy players and manage for a entire season we realized how bad the guy is.

RDM right now has no pressure, but the next manager will have a big challenge: buidling a new team, and will live with the pressure for results.

After some bad results people will start thinking: was RDM read yet to take this job?

Giving him the job next season will be a mistake. I hope after the disaster that was AVB experiment we cant take any risks.

RDM should be the last option,

You guys must be careful. Dalglish also was a good one when he was a temporary manager, when he became a permanent one and had to buy players and manage for a entire season we realized how bad the guy is.

RDM right now has no pressure, but the next manager will have a big challenge: buidling a new team, and will live with the pressure for results.

After some bad results people will start thinking: was RDM read yet to take this job?

Giving him the job next season will be a mistake. I hope after the disaster that was AVB experiment we cant take any risks.

RDM should be the last option,

I totally agree, the new manager effect tends to distort everything into contexture.

The true measure of most managers comes at half season, where most of the sacking starts at a lot of the clubs. That's where the poor results start and the true identity of the players and managers begin to show.

However as pointed out, for the stature of our club, managers should not be priority one. We can easily wing it with RDM one more season.

What we need the most is a better squad.

And giving that no matter who comes in, the club will continue to do it's business of getting the players they want.

This is why I would not mind keeping RDM for another season, so we don't get another manager to take his time to "assess" the squad when we know what is needed.

And I think RDM knows what we need as well. He should be in tune with the club by now!

I think its clear we will be active in the summer window, RDM has an idea of what areas we need to buy and sell in, i dont think RDM is high profile enough for roman, just like Grant, finished 2nd in the prem and took us to our first ucl final.... so what with RDM knowledge of the team and AVB plans with roman, the board will buy on that and probably appoint a mager after the euros, the new manage has the team to work with, someone has made the point we can not have another summer of 'we will asses the squad, but we have a squad that can compeat on all fronts' beccause we clearly dont... as for the new manager, who knows .... could be anyone, bring on the summer CAREFREE

I totally agree, the new manager effect tends to distort everything into contexture.

The true measure of most managers comes at half season, where most of the sacking starts at a lot of the clubs. That's where the poor results start and the true identity of the players and managers begin to show.

However as pointed out, for the stature of our club, managers should not be priority one. We can easily wing it with RDM one more season.

What we need the most is a better squad.

And giving that no matter who comes in, the club will continue to do it's business of getting the players they want.

This is why I would not mind keeping RDM for another season, so we don't get another manager to take his time to "assess" the squad when we know what is needed.

And I think RDM knows what we need as well. He should be in tune with the club by now!

spot on. u have never been more right

rather than looking for a new manager, we should do better by signing up Steve Clarke, Ray Wilkins and yeah, obviosly better players. Whoever the manager maybe, it doesn't matter unless v clear dead wood and bring in new blood

spot on. u have never been more right

rather than looking for a new manager, we should do better by signing up Steve Clarke, Ray Wilkins and yeah, obviosly better players. Whoever the manager maybe, it doesn't matter unless v clear dead wood and bring in new blood

I thought you where never going to reply to me because my English grammar was bad? :confused:

As long as Laurent Blanc or some other average dude isn't our next manager.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to give RDM the permanent position, he's not world class or even that great but when you think about it, which world-class manager would want to join Chelsea FC?

I don't see Guardiola leaving Barca anytime soon...and if/when he does, he'll probably take over from Fergie.