Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I'll be watching my boy at Boro. Hope he can play well and challenge for 2nd striker option next year.

Unless he scores 20 goals+, I doubt it. If Costa proves he isn't up to it this year we will sign someone like Cavani next summer and Costa reduced to 2nd choice. Remember our fund will be available again and our team is pretty much strong and have depth in every single position bar striker.

Actually baring some miracle I don't think Bamford will make it here at all, even if he plays well now he will likely have to prove himself the season after in BPL 1st. Very very slim chance of making it here for him.

Boro are trying to sign another striker, Jelle Vossen from Genk. They already have loads, not good news for Patrick really.

I dunno - it can go 50/50 - but imagine his confidence if he does get a run - bags a few and keeps all the other strikers on the bench! That's #like_a_boss - so fingers crossed for the lad - he has the talent...

Unless he scores 20 goals+, I doubt it. If Costa proves he isn't up to it this year we will sign someone like Cavani next summer and Costa reduced to 2nd choice. Remember our fund will be available again and our team is pretty much strong and have depth in every single position bar striker.

Actually baring some miracle I don't think Bamford will make it here at all, even if he plays well now he will likely have to prove himself the season after in BPL 1st. Very very slim chance of making it here for him.

He has ALREADY achieved more than I ever expected so who knows in another year or two ,,he might be

back with us

He has ALREADY achieved more than I ever expected so who knows in another year or two ,,he might be

back with us

Yeah I think he is an overachiever. Maybe it is because he is pretty much under the radar and hence less is expected of him.

I think he has excellent shooting technique too.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be our 3rd striker next season. :)

Doubt it. Can understand why people want and think it should happen but realistically at a club like us cannot see it. Will need to do exceptionally well this season to be 3rd choice imo. I think Mourinho would like to see him on loan at another PL team first then bring him back into our squad.

Doubt it. Can understand why people want and think it should happen but realistically at a club like us cannot see it. Will need to do exceptionally well this season to be 3rd choice imo. I think Mourinho would like to see him on loan at another PL team first then bring him back into our squad.

Costa-Remy-Bamford would be solid. How bad can it be compared to our 3rd striker the last few years?

I love the look of this lad. Out and out goalscorer, young, driven and seems willing to be patient and fight for his chance for us.

People have spoken about getting an English core back, Bamford ticks that box, he can be the first of hopefully many young players breaking through for us. Jose seems to like him aswell, really hope he's our third choice next season.

Costa-Remy-Bamford would be solid. How bad can it be compared to our 3rd striker the last few years?

It wouldn't be too bad but it is rare that we bring players into our squad who have just spent a season in the Championship. Mourinho would rather some experience and I think would want Bamford to taste PL footy on loan first.

It wouldn't be too bad but it is rare that we bring players into our squad who have just spent a season in the Championship. Mourinho would rather some experience and I think would want Bamford to taste PL footy on loan first.

There is plenty of experience between the pair of Remy and Costa. I'd personally like the 2nd keeper spot, 2nd LB spot and 3rd striker spot go to young homegrown players next season. Having a striker like Drogba as 3rd choice isn't ideal imo