Paul Pogba

Madmax

Chelsea - Isco.

have we ever bid for isco? only third tier sources have ever linked us to isco whilst none has reported that we even bid for him.

as for pogba at least some second-tier papers like evening standard, times and independent have "understood" that we bid for him.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have we ever bid for isco? only third tier sources have ever linked us to isco whilst none has reported that we even bid for him.

as for pogba at least some second-tier papers like evening standard, times and independent have "understood" that we bid for him.

Just my delusion. A man can dream. : (

Do people realistically think we have a chance in signing a player with a 100M euro price tag? Not that we can't but the fact we won't mainly due the price tag and the boys ability doesn't make sense. If he was like a Messi or Ronaldo level player.. maybe but he's not. If he was worth the 100M euros do you think Jose wouldn't hesitate to even bid that?

Do people realistically think we have a chance in signing a player with a 100M euro price tag? Not that we can't but the fact we won't mainly due the price tag and the boys ability doesn't make sense. If he was like a Messi or Ronaldo level player.. maybe but he's not. If he was worth the 100M euros do you think Jose wouldn't hesitate to even bid that?

How many times are you gonna come here asking the same question? Yes some believe we have a chance of signing a €100m player... Get it through your skull!

We're in for him.

I think its a mixture of things. He probably is fed up with trying to follow FFP when know one else is and after the terrible start he and RA have said "fuck it". Also Pogba would be the perfect CM for us and he could be potentially be the best CM for the next decade. Another reason could be that he think next summer he will cost more due to more clubs being able to buy him. Jose clearly rates him and said as much after the world cup last year.

I think its a mixture of things. He probably is fed up with trying to follow FFP when know one else is and after the terrible start he and RA have said "fuck it". Also Pogba would be the perfect CM for us and he could be potentially be the best CM for the next decade. Another reason could be that he think next summer he will cost more due to more clubs being able to buy him. Jose clearly rates him and said as much after the world cup last year.

I really think you guys should look up how much money the epl is getting per year and how much money in sponsorship Chelsea get per annum. It'll help explain a lot about how and why Chelsea can legally bid €100m for one player. The EPL is by far the richest league and the British pound is much stronger than the euro currently.

New EPL TV deal is going to make the PL teams quite wealthy and will likely take up 15 of the top 25 richest clubs in terms of revenue.

Once the stadium is built, Chelsea will be able to compete financially with just about everyone.

P.S. Leicester has big bucks behind it so I could see them becoming a top 4 contender in a few years

I really think you guys should look up how much money the epl is getting per year and how much money in sponsorship Chelsea get per annum. It'll help explain a lot about how and why Chelsea can legally bid €100m for one player. The EPL is by far the richest league and the British pound is much stronger than the euro currently.

I understand we can but before this news came out we seemed to be very very conservative with our money because of the ffp regulations and we weren't willing to blow a big chunk of our budget on one player. The poor start seems to have ruffled a few feathers, thankfully.

Roman Abramovich has sanctioned a staggering record £73m bid for #Juventus star Paul Pogba. #CFCcfc.png (Dailystar)

Exclusive: Chelsea are ready to smash the British transfer record and pay up to £72million to land Paul Pogba (Express) #CFCcfc.png #Juventus

Chelsea will now make one final bid [£72m] for Pogba during this transfer window to break the Italian club's resolve. #CFCcfc.png (Express)

How many times are you gonna come here asking the same question? Yes some believe we have a chance of signing a €100m player... Get it through your skull!

We're in for him.

I never once said we couldn't afford it... fucking hell.

if Jose really wanted him he'd have already bid the 100M or whatever and he'd be here. I don't think he's bid the 100M euros because he doesn't want him, it's because he doesn't think he's worth the 100M euros. Thats my fucking point. So get that through your skull.

Roman Abramovich has sanctioned a staggering record £73m bid for #Juventus star Paul Pogba. #CFCcfc.png (Dailystar)

Exclusive: Chelsea are ready to smash the British transfer record and pay up to £72million to land Paul Pogba (Express) #CFCcfc.png #Juventus

Chelsea will now make one final bid [£72m] for Pogba during this transfer window to break the Italian club's resolve. #CFCcfc.png (Express)

If this is true, Juve would be dumb to dismiss 99m euro for a player like Pogba. yes he is good , maybe world class, but not worth ronaldo type of money. He will only be worth the same next year if he plays a stellar season and a great euro. juve being weaker this year than last and him bearing all the responsibility i am sure he won't. If one would have bid that sort of money for Hazard two years ago, we would probably have considered it too, and we are in a way better financial situation than them.

Very fair price also given the circumstances of juve not having much cover in midfield. they should take the money and run. Either pogba really wants to stay or whoever runs that club is plain stupid.

New EPL TV deal is going to make the PL teams quite wealthy and will likely take up 15 of the top 25 richest clubs in terms of revenue.

Once the stadium is built, Chelsea will be able to compete financially with just about everyone.

P.S. Leicester has big bucks behind it so I could see them becoming a top 4 contender in a few years

Maybe wealthy yes. But that wont bring you success. From PL teams, West Ham and Sunderland made most ''big money/name'' buys and yet they are shit. West ham certainly worse than last year despite Ogbonna, Payet, Obiang etc. Sunderland even with Kaboul, Mvila and Lens; still shit too.

Monaco is great example why building on young players is better than splashing cash. They have great board unlike majority of PL clubs (newcastle, west ham, sunderland or Hull last year and QPR few years ago when they spent alot too.

I never once said we couldn't afford it... fucking hell.

if Jose really wanted him he'd have already bid the 100M or whatever and he'd be here. I don't think he's bid the 100M euros because he doesn't want him, it's because he doesn't think he's worth the 100M euros. Thats my fucking point. So get that through your skull.

I think we have changed our approach tho. In past we thrown twice the worth for players we wanted, now we start with more ''reasonable'' but respectable offer and then go up.

I guess Mou wants Pogba, offered 60m, will try for 70m or sth, but if they dont accept, then thats it. Im sure the days we would just throw them 100m or even 70/80m straight away are over.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You