The FM Thread

.Cee

Just finished the 2018/19 season at Chelsea. In the first couple of seasons I got rid of around 20 existing first teamers while only keeping Courtois, Zouma, Kalas, Azpi, Chalobah, Van Ginkel, Musonda, Boga, Davila, Piazon as well as Hazard in the team and these were the players I decided to build my squad around. Boga, Musonda and Davila spent the first few seasons out on loan and I bought a few players like Raphael Varane, Victor Wanyama, Jonathan Silva, Jordy Clasie, James Ward-Prowse and Gabriel Barbosa to complete the squad. For two seasons I also had Ricardo Rodriguez at LB but I somehow managed to get Bale + 5m for him after the Welshman found himself transfer listed by Real Madrid. Bale has been my first choice LWB ever since. Net transfer spend is £150m in profit overall.

First four seasons I went trophyless but now I've managed to create the perfect tactic for my team and my young players took massive leaps in their development. Here are some of my highlights so far:

2017/18, quadruple:

jRGHdAn.png

2018/19: PL, CL, CWC treble
u9qci3m.png
For some reason my CL and USC victories aren't shown here in the summary.

Nathaniel Chalobah in 2019, very Yaya Toure like player these days:
eL4Pz5D.jpg

Marco Van Ginkel in 2019, perfect Frank Lampard replacement:
1fX8dUH.jpg

Charly Musonda in 2019, this guy is fucking amazing. Technical and mental attributes already better than Hazard's but physically he still has a lot of room for improvement:
uORKkPs.jpg

Lucas Piazon in 2019, good all-around player for my complete forward role. In my quadruple winning season he scored 27 goals and got 26 assists too:
Fc2PpnS.jpg

The only regen I've got so far is this guy who I bought for £2m in 2016:
WTgfVqz.jpg
Stoke, who have become a top4 club in England, just offered me £74m for him but I politely told them to go fuck themselves.

Also got a pretty good young English AMC / CF from my very own academy. Played him in 25 games last season, scored 7 goals and assisted another 9 and now I'm considering getting rid of Ulises Davila to make room for him but haven't decided yet.

On another interesting note, Sam Hutchinson has retired from the game a couple of years in and is now the chairman of Newcastle United at the age of 29. How cool is that?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any idea when FM 15 is due out?

I have quite a bit of free time during work hours now and looking for something to fill the time between call outs. I have never played FM before..last manager game i had was The Boss on spectrum in about 85... :D

Any idea when FM 15 is due out?

I have quite a bit of free time during work hours now and looking for something to fill the time between call outs. I have never played FM before..last manager game i had was The Boss on spectrum in about 85... :D

Usually out around October.

Qqhdn5Z.png?1

bz4n39O.png?1?6401

:D

I need help with my tactic! :/.

I want a very good defensive team that can counter. I have Monaco. I'm using a 4-2-3-1. I bought Koke and RR.

Retain Posession

Shorter Passing

Play Narrower

Hassle Opponents

Use Tighter Marking

More Disciplined

Be More Expressive

Mentaility: Counter

Fluidity: Very Rigid

No player instructions besides James to Roam and shoot more and Falcao to shoot more and move into channels.

I have Toulalan as a BWM

Koke-B2B

James-Advanced Playmaker

Falcao-Poacher

I need help with my tactic! :/.

I want a very good defensive team that can counter. I have Monaco. I'm using a 4-2-3-1. I bought Koke and RR.

Retain Posession

Shorter Passing

Play Narrower

Hassle Opponents

Use Tighter Marking

More Disciplined

Be More Expressive

Mentaility: Counter

Fluidity: Very Rigid

No player instructions besides James to Roam and shoot more and Falcao to shoot more and move into channels.

I have Toulalan as a BWM

Koke-B2B

James-Advanced Playmaker

Falcao-Poacher

For any tactic you have to keep two things in mind : A) What are your players good at B ) How do you want your team to play

You should always tailor your tactics and instructions to suit best what your players bring to the table. If you want to switch styles dramatically, you'd have to bring in appropriate players.

A)To find out exactly what your players are good at and what roles do their attributes fit best, do this - go to their profile --> attributes tab --> 'Highlight key attributes for this role' --> select any role from the dropdown list and the key attributes needed for that role will be highlighted. Considering the level of your team and the level of opponents you'll face normally, I'd say any role in which most of the attributes are 14 and above would be the best role for that player. Your coaches will have already displayed their opinion on the player's best role alongside that attribute board on the profile but just ignore it, check it out for yourself.

B ) Since you're at Monaco and the only tough fixtures you'd have are maybe the PSG games, matches away to Marseille, Lyon and the UCL games, I suggest you train your team in 2 styles -

- a default attacking style for the weaker teams (home and away)

- a counter attacking style for the tougher games

When setting your style the most important thing in my experience is not so much the formation but your team instructions and playing style. It'd be a pain to type this shit so I'll give you screenies instead.

1) default -

1uEePG8.png

2) counter attack -

pmJ6zlI.png

Those are the basic templates I'd use if I wanted to emply those styles. You can always tinker a little based on your players (the player instructions are best for this). I've never used the 'shout instructions' option before; if I want to tinker, I just pause the game and make those changes on the tactics screen instead of shouting instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

For any tactic you have to keep two things in mind : A) What are your players good at B ) How do you want your team to play

You should always tailor your tactics and instructions to suit best what your players bring to the table. If you want to switch styles dramatically, you'd have to bring in appropriate players.

A)To find out exactly what your players are good at and what roles do their attributes fit best, do this - go to their profile --> attributes tab --> 'Highlight key attributes for this role' --> select any role from the dropdown list and the key attributes needed for that role will be highlighted. Considering the level of your team and the level of opponents you'll face normally, I'd say any role in which most of the attributes are 14 and above would be the best role for that player. Your coaches will have already displayed their opinion on the player's best role alongside that attribute board on the profile but just ignore it, check it out for yourself.

B ) Since you're at Monaco and the only tough fixtures you'd have are maybe the PSG games, matches away to Marseille, Lyon and the UCL games, I suggest you train your team in 2 styles -

- a default attacking style for the weaker teams (home and away)

- a counter attacking style for the tougher games

When setting your style the most important thing in my experience is not so much the formation but your team instructions and playing style. It'd be a pain to type this shit so I'll give you screenies instead.

1) default -

1uEePG8.png

2) counter attack -

pmJ6zlI.png

Those are the basic templates I'd use if I wanted to emply those styles. You can always tinker a little based on your players (the player instructions are best for this). I've never used the 'shout instructions' option before; if I want to tinker, I just pause the game and make those changes on the tactics screen instead of shouting instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

Why do your team instructions look like that? Mine don't :/

Playing FM 2007. First season won everything and lost just once. Jose left me such a great squad to work with . Brought in Dani Alves, Moutinho and Torres, all three absolute beasts in the game. Also then landed Fabregas , Mata (edited potential) and Pique for long term vision and I'm planning to shell out Mikel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for this. We should do a Talk Chelsea one!

Add me on steam please - 'andersonbluhh'. Thanks.

on FIFA now, MLS team of the season came out haha. Will add once I'm on steam again. WE NEED TO DO THIS ! Maybe even make a custom TalkChelsea club.