The FM Thread

.Cee

And here is my full fixture list from the previous season, excluding the final game, the CL final against Man United which was won 3-0 thanks to a hat trick from Salomon Kalou (I am the dubious goals panel and I rule that the Evra deflection doesn't count and therefore it was a hat trick :P)

1db8f0bdcca1c5420a101c8a770ad8fb.png

13f6ad63463994d98175f7d46792b5ad.png

1 7-0 win, 7 wins with 6 goals on the board and 8 with 5 goals scored.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having some big defensive troubles. So far this season I've kept only one clean sheet and I've had to come from behind 5 times from 9 games. The matches I've circled in blue are those that I had to mount comebacks to win:

eee27d5eeba2dcc77e2cc28caad9c403.png

I had that trouble, i kept conceding of set pieces, so i put the main training focus on defending set pieces.

And what pace are your defenders?, don't play highline if they are slow that causes a lot of damage, put it back and slow your play down more to balance it out.

I had that trouble, i kept conceding of set pieces, so i put the main training focus on defending set pieces.

And what pace are your defenders?, don't play highline if they are slow that causes a lot of damage, put it back and slow your play down more to balance it out.

Its set pieces, mainly.

Agree with that and the concentration levels could be a factor too.

Any suggestions for a good 4-2-3-1 tactic?

For some reason I cant get that formation to work for me and with our players I feel its the only way to play with Hazard-Mata-Hulk and Torres up front.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently managing both England and Bayern Munich at the same time on FM11 and played out a couple cracking games with Bayern yesterday.

Had actually only beaten them comfortably 3-0 in the league game before this but here, had to come from behind two times to win and also got lucky as they hit the post twice when they were 2-1 up IIRC. Nonetheless, it was a crazy game with some shoddy defending along the way.

TCBW.jpg

Again, it was a crazy match. The amount of clear cut chances said it all. It drove me mad during the game as we committed suicide at the back so often with sloppy passes and even made Bebe looked like Ronaldo! :doh:

Nonetheless, pleased with the win especially having suffered defeats to Dortmund and Stuttgart before this.

FCBW.jpg

In the Champions League quarter final, came up against Fiorentina. Lost 1-0 away in the first leg. Then conceded an early goal in the home leg, thus finding myself 2-0 on agg at HT. And this happened...

SCB.jpg

Tore into the players at HT with the team talk but never expected that to happen. Completely blew Fiorentina away in the second half. Now, Lyon awaits in the semi final.

It's games like this that makes me hate Football Manager! Completely dominated Schalke, had 5 clear cut chances to their 1 and hit the woodwork 3 times but only scored 1 goal! :rant:

Worst part is Kaiserlautern is the other finalist. :doh:

FPKD.jpg

Had experienced this before with Juventus when facing the likes of Udinese where the kit color is very similar and same goes with this. Sometimes I wonder if FM is trying to turn us blind!

BlindColors.jpg

Must be because of head-to-head. Check "Rules" on the tab below overview.

Does that go off the matches the two teams have played?, because i joined later on and another manager was in charge earlier and kinda fucked them up.

previous results against Turkey 3-1 loss, 1-1 draw.

I never managed the team in any of those games. Still shocking though, i thought every tournament what has a league the same rules would apply all the time. Stupid fuckin rules. And it doesn't say on the rules Cap on the overview when i looked.

Does that go off the matches the two teams have played?, because i joined later on and another manager was in charge earlier and kinda fucked them up.

previous results against Turkey 3-1 loss, 1-1 draw.

I never managed the team in any of those games. Still shocking though, i thought every tournament what has a league the same rules would apply all the time. Stupid fuckin rules. And it doesn't say on the rules Cap on the overview when i looked.

It's just the way things are :(

I think South Africa got done in by that in real life in qualifying for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.

Lost because of 2 own goals! F**KING TRAGIC!!! :rant:

FTragic.jpg

Worst part is the manner of which their winner came. A high corner was whipped in and Stojkovic, under no pressure whatsoever, produced a Almunia/Fabianski moment and somehow palmed the ball into the net! :doh::rant: