What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on Hawking's "The Grand Design" a couple of days ago and just finished it. It is ridiculously hard to find good books in Lebanon!

It was a decent read, but a bit if a let down for me to be honest. I expected it to be a lot better. It did not at all convince me of the validity of the M-theory.

Finally got my hands on Hawking's "The Grand Design" a couple of days ago and just finished it. It is ridiculously hard to find good books in Lebanon!

It was a decent read, but a bit if a let down for me to be honest. I expected it to be a lot better. It did not at all convince me of the validity of the M-theory.

Stephen Hawking is incredibly overrated, his theories are outdated and he has been confronted in many seminaries around the world for being wrong.

Stephen Hawking is incredibly overrated, his theories are outdated and he has been confronted in many seminaries around the world for being wrong.

I personally don't like the misongynistic, egotistical know it-all and there are so many other brilliant minds out there that do not get 1/2 the attention he does. I often wonder of he would have faced more criticism if he had not been disabled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I personally don't like the misongynistic, egotistical know it-all and there are so many other brilliant minds out there that do not get 1/2 the attention he does. I often wonder of he would have faced more criticism if he had not been disabled.

Isnt misongynistic not being against women? Just confused since Stephen Hawking is, well, a man.

Isnt misongynistic not being against women? Just confused since Stephen Hawking is, well, a man.

Well, he has a very low opinion of women and does not treat them well in his personal/professional relationships from what I have heard/read which is where my comment comes from.

Gets a lot of credibilty probably because he sounds like a robot. On the other hand he got a lot of shitty abuse about his disability from Israelis because he refused to speak there.

Thats true BC -but he was also getting abused, slapped around by his wife, allegedly. Probably becuase she was fed up with the 'know all' !

Gets a lot of credibilty probably because he sounds like a robot. On the other hand he got a lot of shitty abuse about his disability from Israelis because he refused to speak there.

Thats true BC -but he was also getting abused, slapped around by his wife, allegedly. Probably becuase she was fed up with the 'know all' !

He definitely is a love him or hate him kind of guy, there seems to be no middle ground.