What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

A Dance with Dragons

Began reading this one on Tueday right after finishing A Feast for Crows. So far I've read about 300 pages and I can't wait to read some more. Too bad I've got an important exam coming up tomorrow and I have to study for it. <_<

im on dance with dragons part 2. its too good

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im on dance with dragons part 2. its too good

Part 2? :blink:

I've only got it in one part in e-book format, little over halfway through it now. Am I right assuming this second part starts when the events catch up with what happened in AFFC? If so, I should reach that point sometime later today.

I've only got it in one part in e-book format, little over halfway through it now. Am I right assuming this second part starts when the events catch up with what happened in AFFC? If so, I should reach that point sometime later today.

Nope, apart from the Cersei, Jaime and Arya point-of-view chapters, as well as the Epilogue, everything that happens in ADWD is happening at the same time as AFFC. This book is split geographically instead of chronologically, with AFFC focusing on the Iron Islands, Dorne, and Brienne's visitations around King's Landing to find "Sansa Stark", whilst the latter book catches up with Jon, Tyrion, Dany, and events in Kings Landing and at The Wall in particular.

Nope, apart from the Cersei, Jaime and Arya point-of-view chapters, as well as the Epilogue, everything that happens in ADWD is happening at the same time as AFFC. This book is split geographically instead of chronologically, with AFFC focusing on the Iron Islands, Dorne, and Brienne's visitations around King's Landing to find "Sansa Stark", whilst the latter book catches up with Jon, Tyrion, Dany, and events in Kings Landing and at The Wall in particular.

Yes, of course I know that as I'm currently in the middle of reading it. :P

But what I meant were those Cersei, Jaime etc. chapters which I happened to notice in the table of contents and I just assumed that by the time I reached that point everything with the other characters would have catched up with the timeline. And that was also the impression I got from Martin's intro to the book which said it was only divided geographically to a point and that somewhere along the way the narratives from the two books would again be re-joined.

I love your dedication, Alex :Goober:

post-6387-138566839301_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But what I meant were those Cersei, Jaime etc. chapters which I happened to notice in the table of contents and I just assumed that by the time I reached that point everything with the other characters would have catched up with the timeline. And that was also the impression I got from Martin's intro to the book which said it was only divided geographically to a point and that somewhere along the way the narratives from the two books would again be re-joined.

a dance with dragons 1.dreams and dust = same time as feast for crows with diff charcaters

a dance with dragons 2. after the feast = after both of them with all the characters back in together

probably explained that horribly but hope that made sense

Well I'm not quite sure exactly where you're up to, so I don't want to spoil it, but there is a point, around 2/3 through ADWD that it has caught up with events in AFFC.

• 1 month later...

Angels and Demons. First book I've actually read willingly.... That's bad I know, just don't have the patience for it. I'm getting there slowly though, really enjoying it!

Angels and Demons is the best of the lot. Even better than the da Vinci Code