What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there 2 Storm of Swords and 2 Dance with the Dragons? :carlo:

They were too big so publishers decided to split them, unlike what they did with brazilian versions.

I'm guessing it's the book split down into 2 books...

They were too big so publishers decided to split them, unlike what they did with brazilian versions.

Yeah, but I have the English pocket book version and it is only one book! :carlo:

Mixed feelings, more like frustrated and let down. Today I passed the first half of my degree examinations but at the same time I failed in the second half so I have to undergo a retake in September. Summer is sort of ruined.

Mixed feelings, more like frustrated and let down. Today I passed the first half of my degree examinations but at the same time I failed in the second half so I have to undergo a retake in September. Summer is sort of ruined.

You sure you posted this in the right thread? :carlo:

Been reading Stories We Could Tell by Tony Parsons for a few days now. I can't actually believe how narrow-minded his views on some things are... you'd expect much more from someone lived in the 70s/80s and was part of that famous movement...

Let me know what you think because I was the same, I felt the others were rushed and not well developed! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Inferno is strictly ok. "Tour guide to Florence" is a bit harsh but it's not a page-turner.

Let me know what you think because I was the same, I felt the others were rushed and not well developed! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Inferno is strictly ok. "Tour guide to Florence" is a bit harsh but it's not a page-turner.

Bummer, it is like he is not putting in as much effort!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To be fair, the da Vinci Code was only a page-turner because of how controversial it was. Brown's only true great book is Angels and Demons. Deception Point is a 7/10 thriller. Digital Fortress and tdVC are strictly okay at best. The Lost Symbol was embarrassingly rubbish.

I am reading, Cortés, Carta de México right now. I also read Díaz del Castillo, Historia vedarada de la conquista de la Nueva España.

I am not a criollo (that is our word for a Colombian who is Spanish origin) but still I think Cortés was not so bad. It was not nice, what the Spanish do in America but I think Cortés is very badly thought of in México, but maybe they should remember how bad Aztecas were to their people before saying Cortés is the diablo.

I am reading, Cortés, Carta de México right now. I also read Díaz del Castillo, Historia vedarada de la conquista de la Nueva España.

I am not a criollo (that is our word for a Colombian who is Spanish origin) but still I think Cortés was not so bad. It was not nice, what the Spanish do in America but I think Cortés is very badly thought of in México, but maybe they should remember how bad Aztecas were to their people before saying Cortés is the diablo.

Cortes is a celebrated man in Spain. He was a very fair governor as well, he appeased the Mexica and offered them religion, education and material goods. It is the bastards who followed him, such as Mendoza, and the Inquisition that tried to impose Christianity on them, and completely de-Aztecised their society by burning temples and idols.

I like varying my reading with Fiction and non-fiction - currently going a bit deeper with my current book "The Battle For God" by Karen Armstrong - a book on the history of Fundamentalism in religion, had the book the over a year but seems a good time to sit down and read it now.....

I like varying my reading with Fiction and non-fiction - currently going a bit deeper with my current book "The Battle For God" by Karen Armstrong - a book on the history of Fundamentalism in religion, had the book the over a year but seems a good time to sit down and read it now.....

That is a very good book!