Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Yes but there is clearly no doubt here. This decision was made a long time ago. What you're not accepting is that players usually sign new deals with 12-24 months left on their contracts. If Lampard was going to get a new deal he would have been given one a LONG time ago.

No, deals are wrapped up early because the players might leave for free. This wont happen to Lampard, so they have no hurry.

No, deals are wrapped up early because the players might leave for free. This wont happen to Lampard, so they have no hurry.

So why would the club risk losing Lampard if they think he is good enough and important to the future of the club?

Do you think they would allow an important player the chance to speak to other clubs and sign pre-contract agreements with them if they wanted to keep him?

So why would the club risk losing Lampard if they think he is good enough and important to the future of the club?

Do you think they would allow an important player the chance to speak to other clubs and sign pre-contract agreements with them if they wanted to keep him?

Oh fuck, so difficult...

I am suggesting the possibility that the club is not 100% sure they want Lampard out. If they are not sure, how will they offer or reject anything? When you don't know what you are going to do, you just wait until you decide. Will there be risks? YES, but you don't make a move if you don't know what you want.

Imagine you found your dream house but it is a bit old and costs too much. Do you buy it, because someone else can get it? - OR - Do you risk losing the opportunity until you decide whether it really is the best choice? A horrible example, but it might light you up.

I really don't know why you got bothered by all of this, it is just me trying to find hope in their silence.

Nobody mentioned "conspiracy", well, except you. I gave an opinion. Not expecting every cunt to wildly agree with me and don't particularly care if no fucker does, just an opinion.

What are you talking about? You were the one that came out with this ridiculous theory of yours. And it's so ridiculous that it pretty much is a theory.

No, of course you don't care. You just insult anyone who disagrees with you on here, why would you care? Now you can continue being childish.

What are you talking about? You were the one that came out with this ridiculous theory of yours. And it's so ridiculous that it pretty much is a theory.

No, of course you don't care. You just insult anyone who disagrees with you on here, why would you care? Now you can continue being childish.

And exactly who did I insult?

In YOUR opinion my "THEORY" is so ridiculous, thats your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. If that makes me childish then throw my rattle back please :wank2:

Roman wants to replace all the old guard because they all had too much power in the dressing room ''Ask a few of are sacked managers'' He wants to build a team for the Future.

I know its Crazy to think of Lampard Playing for Another team but that's football for you these day's.

Roman Abramovich To ''ME'' is a Bigger Legend to Chelsea than Lampard is.-''if Lampard left today Chelsea can still replace players and fight for Major Trophies

But If Abramovich Left Today he would Most likely leave us Bankrupt!

Oh fuck, so difficult...

I am suggesting the possibility that the club is not 100% sure they want Lampard out. If they are not sure, how will they offer or reject anything? When you don't know what you are going to do, you just wait until you decide. Will there be risks? YES, but you don't make a move if you don't know what you want.

Imagine you found your dream house but it is a bit old and costs too much. Do you buy it, because someone else can get it? - OR - Do you risk losing the opportunity until you decide whether it really is the best choice? A horrible example, but it might light you up.

I really don't know why you got bothered by all of this, it is just me trying to find hope in their silence.

I understand what you're saying. But even with that analogy if I found my dream house (Lampard) and I had the funds to buy it (Roman/the club) I wouldn't wait and risk losing it to somebody else.

Lampard is a legend and I understand people want to keep hope alive but it's time to face reality. If he was going to get an extension it would have been done a long time ago. As I said earlier I just hope he leaves on a good note because his Chelsea career deserves better than to end with him and his agent using the press to bash the club he says he loves.

@corner @changingman_2000

Chill guys - both of you are good posters :)

I'm not happy how Lampard has been treated and I can see some logic in Changinmans opinion - I'm not Russian, but having worked there for 2 years, I could quite believe that scenario :)

If Lampard does go it will be a loss, BUT we will survive and we will progress.

Here's an example of Russian psyche... They don't bother with saying thank-you, I asked why, the response: 'What good is a thank-you, I can't spend it'... Might help balance out why Roman appears so harsh... He's probably confused at all the fuss - lol...

Oh fuck, so difficult...

It's interesting that you say that, because I've been reading all of the arguments that people have been having in this thread over the past few days and it's people failing to see it from another person's point of view that is causing the arguments.

There seems to be two sides:

1. The ones who are trying to find hope in the board's silence, like you said.

2. The ones who have decided to assume that Frank will not be given a new contract and have accepted that they may have to move on.

If people could just look at things from both points of view, then we wouldn't have all of these arguments and insults etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they shouldn't be shot down in half a second if it differs from the norm.

I understand what you're saying. But even with that analogy if I found my dream house (Lampard) and I had the funds to buy it (Roman/the club) I wouldn't wait and risk losing it to somebody else.

That is where you are not understanding: the club does not have the funds. 15mi or so is a lot of money for a club that will already lose some, it could be invested into a big time player. The club must be 100% sure that Lampard (despite all he represents) is worth the money. It is not so simple...

That is why I THINK the club might still be uncertain. I honestly believe Roman will have a meeting to decide Lampards future at the end of the season. This is just me, I am not trying to convinve anyone, only my gut feeling. I believe that this wait and silence might benefit Lampard. This could mean that he has until May to change Roman's head.

Well, for a start, a reason why they don't wish to renew his contract. If it's money then let it be known. If it's because those footballing experts Buck, Gourlay and Abramovich have decreed that he isn't good enough any more then, let us know. It can't make them look any more pathetic than they do already. Every ex player/manager and his dog are expressing surprise that the club are acting like this, and they are right to be. As I said, this isn't some fucking journeyman player. This is an iconic figure who has excelled in his 500+ games and deserves better.

Something nagging away at me with regards to all of this, maybe going back to last season. Knowing Roman's fucked up thinking, I wouldn't be surprised he he binned AVB and appointed RDM, thinking that RDM would fail and the fans calling for AVB's head would be proved wrong. RDM only went and won the FA Cup and the Campions League, putting RA in a difficult positon, so he waited for the first available opportunity and binned RDM. There is every chance he hold's both Lamps and Ash at least partly responsible for the demise of AVB, given the fact that they were both regularly benched by AVB.

Anyway, I veer off somewhat, but my opinion in any case.

Well i think it's both of those reasons. The club has come out and said that they want to abide by FFP rules. So giving 150 k to a 35 y old squad player would not be such a smart move.

And yes he isn't good enough to start for us as he basically doesn't fit anywhere in our system.

"Acting like this" Acting like what ? A responsible board who aren't pissing money away on an old squad player and looking to the future ?

Again why do they have to come out and state that they won't be renewing his contract ? When do clubs ever say "we won't be renewing player "x" his contract ? I don't think they ever do. Mostly it's "if we haven't given an announcement that a new deal has been made then he's out." that applies

"Deserves better" Deserves better ? How so ? What have the board done to Lampard that he deserves better from them. The only thing they've done to him is not wanting to renew his contract.

Do you think they haven't told him they won't renew his contract ? From all the leakes and the way he's been playing the fans i'd say he knows very well that he's not getting a new contract.

Normal, we are talking about our best midfielder in the history, they cant just decide to let him go fuck !

Might be best midfielder in history but history won't win us games anymore. Having respect for Lampard and his legacy is one thing, not seeing clearly that a 35 year old can't contribute week in week out anymore is something else. Financially it's best for the club to let him go unless he accepts a smaller role in the club and a massive pay cut. If he loves Chelsea so much and wants to help the club - he would do it.

Might be best midfielder in history but history won't win us games anymore. Having respect for Lampard and his legacy is one thing, not seeing clearly that a 35 year old can't contribute week in week out anymore is something else. Financially it's best for the club to let him go unless he accepts a smaller role in the club and a massive pay cut. If he loves Chelsea so much and wants to help the club - he would do it.

I 100% agree with you, but I think there's more to it than Frank taking a pay cut.

I think the rumours about Abramovich not wanting the players having to much of an influence could be true, especially when you consider what happened with AVB. I mean, I would be fairly pissed off too if I spent 13 million pounds on a manager and a few players decided to do everything they could to get him sacked, which in turn would cost more money.

I 100% agree with you, but I think there's more to it than Frank taking a pay cut.

I think the rumours about Abramovich not wanting the players having to much of an influence could be true, especially when you consider what happened with AVB. I mean, I would be fairly pissed off too if I spent 13 million pounds on a manager and a few players decided to do everything they could to get him sacked, which in turn would cost more money.

Yep could be just another step in laying the foundations for Guardiola.