Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

They can admit all they want to smooth their fans, Conte said we were very close getting vvd but backed out. vvd kissing pool ass does not change anything. In any case its history now anyway.

He admitted nothing of such. Player himself preferred Liverpool/Klopp. 

15 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He admitted nothing of such. Player himself preferred Liverpool/Klopp. 

Conte told The Telegraph: “I asked for two players and we were very, very close after we won the league.

“One player was Romelu Lukaku, the second player was Virgil van Dijk, and these two players were very, very close.

“We were in contact every day and I always said that with these two players we would improve my team by 30 per cent.

“I think maybe we lost the momentum to bring Chelsea at the very top and then to stay for many years.

“It was a pity that it didn’t happen and Romelu is showing with Inter that my idea was right and also Van Dijk has shown with Liverpool that my idea was right for the club.”

We could had him but didnt want to pay 75 easy, doesnt sound like vvd was screaming pool and pool only. He could have easily been here now. Whatever its a done deal anyway.

Edited by Atomiswave

16 hours ago, Mário César said:

Alisson: Liverpool's history helped me choose them over Chelsea | Goal.com

“Chelsea were changing their manager and not playing in the Champions League."

Always slightly sceptical when players discuss transfers after they are made. I mean he is going to make it sound like the Dippers were always his first choice, isn't he?

Only thing I would point to is that the club obviously felt confident enough to tell TC he could leave in March. At that point Kepa wasn't in the picture so I have always presumed it was Alisson and we must've agreed terms with him. Maybe the lack of CL was a real deal breaker for him. 

You can add Alex Sandro to that list. 

Conte didn't get those 3. 

History repeat maybe. I hope not. 

VVD, Alex Sandro, Lukaku in 2017. 

Haaland, Hakimi, Varane 2021. 

OK maybe TT doesn't want Varane but he is world class and available. 

Everytime we are so close to make that generational best team in Europe we fuck up. 

29 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Conte told The Telegraph: “I asked for two players and we were very, very close after we won the league.

“One player was Romelu Lukaku, the second player was Virgil van Dijk, and these two players were very, very close.

“We were in contact every day and I always said that with these two players we would improve my team by 30 per cent.

“I think maybe we lost the momentum to bring Chelsea at the very top and then to stay for many years.

“It was a pity that it didn’t happen and Romelu is showing with Inter that my idea was right and also Van Dijk has shown with Liverpool that my idea was right for the club.”

We could had him but didnt want to pay 75 easy, doesnt sound like vvd was screaming pool and pool only. He could have easily been here now. Whatever its a done deal anyway.

Conte using Lukaku and Van Dijk to justify his idea was right for the club is hilarious considering he also wanted some awful players. If the club hadn't bought their deadwoods, we would have just ended up with Conte's.

Anyway, Van Dijk said this on why he chose to go Liverpool...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8490675/Van-Dijk-reveals-Jurgen-Klopp-reason-chose-Liverpool-SNUBBED-Man-City-Chelsea.html

'I had the chance to go to Chelsea and Man City. 

'When you compare the clubs, you look at the history, the town, the current squad, their plans for the near future. 

'But the most important thing you look at is the manager – and Jurgen Klopp is an important reason why I chose for Liverpool.

'Klopp has something special. Is it his energy? Is it his overall image? I sometimes sit and think about what he does and what he has more than others.

'I think it is his man-management. These days that is more important than anything in football.

'Klopp gives you this great feeling. He is genuinely happy when you walk into the club in the morning. It may sound daft, but that really inspires you as a player.' 

16 minutes ago, Jas said:

Conte using Lukaku and Van Dijk to justify his idea was right for the club is hilarious considering he also wanted some awful players. If the club hadn't bought their deadwoods, we would have just ended up with Conte's.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8490675/Van-Dijk-reveals-Jurgen-Klopp-reason-chose-Liverpool-SNUBBED-Man-City-Chelsea.html

'When you compare the clubs, you look at the history, the town, the current squad, their plans for the near future. 

'But the most important thing you look at is the manager – and Jurgen Klopp is an important reason why I chose for Liverpool.

'Klopp has something special. Is it his energy? Is it his overall image? I sometimes sit and think about what he does and what he has more than others.

'I think it is his man-management. These days that is more important than anything in football.

'Klopp gives you this great feeling. He is genuinely happy when you walk into the club in the morning. It may sound daft, but that really inspires you as a player.' 

Werner also said Lampard was main reason why he choose Chelsea after Liverpool rejected him lol

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Werner also said Lampard was main reason why he choose Chelsea after Liverpool rejected him lol

I don't buy what he said. We were clearly the only one who could pay Werner's release clause last summer, while Liverpool were hesitated. I think Klopp also mentioned about FSG were unwilling to sanction the deal.

Edited by Blues Forever

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't think Liverpool rejected Werner per se. It was due to the finances when the pandemic suddenly hit last year. I mean, everyone was expecting him to join Liverpool/Liverpool to sign him but they couldn't pay the release clause upfront because of the pandemic. They ended up getting Jota instead because there was no release clause involved, meaning Liverpool could pay the transfer fee in installments. 

2 hours ago, Jas said:

He can vax all the ryricks he wants, Conte said we were very very close, I believe that, but didnt want to pay that huge fee for him. Let him play for pool, we are way over that shit now, we shall decimate them this coming season.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wasnt rejected, they didnt have the money.......good for us. Werner is so crucial to our team. Even Pep is scared of him.