Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Will our board seriously do Tuchel dirty, like they did Conte? Why are they not willing to go for players after winning major titles? Weird bunch, the fact that they've been this silent is worrying me to be honest. 

It's not just the players that we should buy that I'm worried about but the fact that we still have to sell Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Emerson, Drinkwater, Barkley etc is mindboggling. Marina is fucking things up by being to stingy in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, Azul said:

Will our board seriously do Tuchel dirty, like they did Conte? Why are they not willing to go for players after winning major titles? Weird bunch, the fact that they've been this silent is worrying me to be honest. 

It's not just the players that we should buy that I'm worried about but the fact that we still have to sell Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Emerson, Drinkwater, Barkley etc is mindboggling. Marina is fucking things up by being to stingy in my opinion.

You've kind of answered your own question, all those players named were brought in by Conte/the club (some of each) because the first choices weren't attainable.

Wouldn't you rather wait until a suitable option becomes avaliable as opposed to potentially eventually adding further to that list of players that need to be sold? For example, that Stuttgart striker we're lined with as an alternative to Haaland, is he any a safer bet than Broja let alone Havertz?

January 2020 is the major example, people were raging here because our rivals signed the likes of Bergwijn, Cedric, Pablo Mari and Ighalo, could you even imagine the state of our squad right now if we signed them or players of similar ilk?

1 hour ago, Azul said:

To stingy? Please explain what you mean by this because as far as I am aware.... haaland is the only transfer I've heard ppl bang on about, and that price is in the region off 150m, so what eles are you referring too? 

16 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

To stingy? Please explain what you mean by this because as far as I am aware.... haaland is the only transfer I've heard ppl bang on about, and that price is in the region off 150m, so what eles are you referring too? 

They think transfer are similar to football manager and that the club can just bamboozle their way into paying any amount and buying any shiny toy out there...

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

You've kind of answered your own question, all those players named were brought in by Conte/the club (some of each) because the first choices weren't attainable.

Wouldn't you rather wait until a suitable option becomes avaliable as opposed to potentially eventually adding further to that list of players that need to be sold? For example, that Stuttgart striker we're lined with as an alternative to Haaland, is he any a safer bet than Broja let alone Havertz?

January 2020 is the major example, people were raging here because our rivals signed the likes of Bergwijn, Cedric, Pablo Mari and Ighalo, could you even imagine the state of our squad right now if we signed them or players of similar ilk?

Conte wanted Van Dijk and Lukaku, and Chelsea were not ready to splash to cash for both. The reasons why is because they found Van Dijk way too expensive, and Lukaku was a former player + he was more expensive than Morata. They shouldn't ask questions but back the manager that won you things in my opinion.

Where did I say that I want us to sign that shit Stuttgart striker? These are your words, and not mine. I'm getting worried because we haven't submitted a bid for Rice, Tchouameni, Haaland, a CB etc. Not only that, but we're not even able to offload the likes of Emerson, Barkley, Bakayoko and you know the rest.

29 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I was referring to the fact that Marina is stingy when it comes to selling players. She's always playing hard ball and throws out unrealistic numbers, then expects other clubs to meet her demands. What follows is these fringe players value dropping after each year and them remaining at our club. Every year it's the same old story. We can't sell Bakayoko, Drinkwater etc, so we end up selling the youth instead. 

17 minutes ago, Alabama said:

They think transfer are similar to football manager and that the club can just bamboozle their way into paying any amount and buying any shiny toy out there...

Here we go with the football manager remarks smh😂. Read my comment properly then respond bro.

I wasn't talking about stingyness when we're buying players but when we're selling them. Are you happy seeing Drinkwater training in another pre season?

Forth place trophy it is. We took the baton from Arsenal in the League.  Haaland is out the reach but we do not have the players to score against low blocks or kill the game when they indeed score.

We rely too much on high pressing to save 1: 0 result, it was doable for 5 months under Tuchel, but will it be for 10 months and 5 competitions? I'm afraid not. Having in mind age and injury records of our midfielders and defenders. Who can be our reliable and constant goalscorer?  Who will stand up?  We rely mainly on Havertz  to save us, Timo will create chances but won't finish them to save his life. Even like that, he is still key figure in almost all of our goals. Maybe Pulisic but not from the right. Mount, from him I expect to improve his passing first and goals later. He would need to improve drastically, have Havertz on fire to make such an impact.

Second place to City was to certain extent  because of new manager bounce, new manager in the league, high pressing. Last four games in the last season prior to CL final are maybe better indicator how the first 10 games will be if somebody doesn't really stand up.

Edited by laura90

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

For the record, both VVD and Allison chose Liverpool over us. 

Didnt Conte say that we were close to getting vvd in an interview some 6months ago? That we pulled out cuz of the price? Im sure he did.

20 minutes ago, Azul said:

Conte wanted Van Dijk and Lukaku, and Chelsea were not ready to splash to cash for both. The reasons why is because they found Van Dijk way too expensive, and Lukaku was a former player + he was more expensive than Morata. They shouldn't ask questions but back the manager that won you things in my opinion.

Where did I say that I want us to sign that shit Stuttgart striker? These are your words, and not mine. I'm getting worried because we haven't submitted a bid for Rice, Tchouameni, Haaland, a CB etc. Not only that, but we're not even able to offload the likes of Emerson, Barkley, Bakayoko and you know the rest.

I mean that's the (rumoured) alternative, if (as is looking likely) we won't be able to sign Haaland is that alternative actually any better than what we've already got in house (ala Broja)? We never know who will have a breakthrough season (Diego Costa 13/14) and become a perfect fit for us almost overnight.

My actual preference early this summer was Aguero, because i really like the style of play with Kai as a hybrid 9/10 and this way we'd have had a proven scorer as a safety net if for whatever reason it failed.

24 minutes ago, Azul said:

I was referring to the fact that Marina is stingy when it comes to selling players. She's always playing hard ball and throws out unrealistic numbers, then expects other clubs to meet her demands. What follows is these fringe players value dropping after each year and them remaining at our club. Every year it's the same old story. We can't sell Bakayoko, Drinkwater etc, so we end up selling the youth instead. 

Here we go with the football manager remarks smh😂. Read my comment properly then respond bro.

I wasn't talking about stingyness when we're buying players but when we're selling them. Are you happy seeing Drinkwater training in another pre season?

That's why am contented with the current approach of the board...the stuggart guy is a media click bait...no concrete approach....this is same board that spent over 150m on our attack last season...am not banking on last summer signings but the cost of signing Haaland is too exorbitant which the club can afford whether they will or not I can't say...then picture the dregs like Zapppacosta Kennedy Bashuayi and co still on the club payroll...lots of decisions to be made and of course compromise has to be reached...we all want quality players to improve the team but this scenario is not as straightforward as we think or what it to be...

25 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Didnt Conte say that we were close to getting vvd in an interview some 6months ago? That we pulled out cuz of the price? Im sure he did.

No. Both players admitted to preferring Liverpool and Klopp. 

42 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Alisson choose pool because they finished n 4o place

That doesn't really make sense as we were Champions only the year before. The rumour I believe is that Chelsea were hard balling Roma over the fee and Liverpool swooped in and took him. 

The irony of this, is that it then lead to Granny going back to TC to tell him he couldn't leave, after saying he could do in March, then when he went on strike the club went into melt down and brought Kepa for £72m on £170k a week for 7 years. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, Azul said:

was referring to the fact that Marina is stingy when it comes to selling players. She's always playing hard ball and throws out unrealistic numbers, then expects other clubs to meet her demands. What follows is these fringe players value dropping after each year and them remaining at our club. Every year it's the same old story. We can't sell Bakayoko, Drinkwater etc, so we end up selling the youth instead. 

Baka and drinkwater are utter dog shit thats why they haven't sold, also marina is an employee not the owner, she doesn't control the bank account thats fact, roman does she is there to sign n sell players but she can't offer what you guys ask all the time the isn't an endless money pit, she has to have funds released by roman, everything in or out this club goes through him. U cannot blame this woman for everything that happens at this club last year she was a god, now she's stingy, the woman cannot win. We cannot go out every summer and spend 200+ million. say we buy haarland  150+ million then next year this forum will be full of ppl asking for another 100m plus player or 3 70+ mill players you have to be realistic. We would all love a revolving door where the best players in the world come in and out for good money, but its never going to happen.

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That doesn't really make sense as we were Champions only the year before. The rumour I believe is that Chelsea were hard balling Roma over the fee and Liverpool swooped in and took him. 

The irony of this, is that it then lead to Granny going back to TC to tell him he couldn't leave, after saying he could do in March, then when he went on strike the club went into melt down and brought Kepa for £72m on £170k a week for 7 years. 

Alisson: Liverpool's history helped me choose them over Chelsea | Goal.com

“Chelsea were changing their manager and not playing in the Champions League."

35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No. Both players admitted to preferring Liverpool and Klopp. 

They can admit all they want to smooth their fans, Conte said we were very close getting vvd but backed out. vvd kissing pool ass does not change anything. In any case its history now anyway.