Peter Kenyon

the wes

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esk and David EU, you never fail to surprise me, If its not bad enough supporting Grant your backing Kenyon as well???

Blinkered, but somewhat stronger than that, at worst. You two would do wonders at Old Trafford.

On the Blue Revolution DVD, Kenyon showed just what a prick he is. "You need to win TWO champions Leagues over ten years to be GREAT". Hmmmm ok, So Fergie, Wenger, Busby, Revie and Stein are Mickey Mouse eh?". Lets face facts boys, he would never have came anywhere near Chels if it wasnt for the Rouble, And you two are head over heels :lol:

Cm2000, with all due respect man, you are one of the oldest supporters on here, but esk and david EU are just of the kind who take everything Chelsea whole-heartedly, everything that is Chelsea is good and true and there's some rationality to it too..

I dunno about you but if a rival company offered me double the salary and greater authority over things, i would take it, not incase of football clubs but seeing Kenyons job profile, its more of a corporate thing than about a club you support..

Cm2000, with all due respect man, you are one of the oldest supporters on here, but esk and david EU are just of the kind who take everything Chelsea whole-heartedly, everything that is Chelsea is good and true and there's some rationality to it too..

I dunno about you but if a rival company offered me double the salary and greater authority over things, i would take it, not incase of football clubs but seeing Kenyons job profile, its more of a corporate thing than about a club you support..

CM has his own DISTINCT way of looking at things....I think Kenyon hasnt done a bad job. To see our revenues increasing year after year, makes me think hes doing the job he is here for.

Its all about Moral Fibre dear boy. As was stated earlier, He is a self proclaimed Man Ure supporter, and was earning an ample wedge with them, The club of his dreams. Why then move to one of your hated enemies?, just for the cash when he's already wedged up?

If you were earning £2M a year at Chels, and the Bin Dippers (Thats Liverpool in case you were unaware) offered you £4M........would you take the bait?

No, but it's not QUITE that bad. I mean, surely United don't hate us as everyone sane hates Liverpool? But yeah, of course he's gone for the money, that's all most people do these days. Perhaps he felt like a new challenge, and when it offered him more money too, why the hell not? I can't begrudge him wanting to make a change to his place of work. Fact is though, his work does nothing for us fans so I can't like him, only respect that he is doing his job well.

Its all about Moral Fibre dear boy. As was stated earlier, He is a self proclaimed Man Ure supporter, and was earning an ample wedge with them, The club of his dreams. Why then move to one of your hated enemies?, just for the cash when he's already wedged up?

If you were earning £2M a year at Chels, and the Bin Dippers (Thats Liverpool in case you were unaware) offered you £4M........would you take the bait?

Ofcourse not, but in case of kenyon, he may have stated he's a manure's fan just to win over the fans..

Not saying he's not in it for the money.. just that, he's doing what roman asked of him..

There's a big difference between the world of football and your average career tbh. People don't have the same kind of loyalty to the company they work for that they do for the club they support. It's a lot easier to move from one company to another, seeking better pay, conditions, etc because you don't have the same emotional attachment but you don't swap allegiances in football in the same way. Fact is, Kenyon gave it all the "I support Utd, my father supported Utd, its in my blood, blah, blah" and seemingly forgot that 'loyalty' the minute money came into the equation - and lets face it, its not like he was destitute is it?

The man's a cretin and as for doing his job well, I guess that depends which side of the fence you sit on. If you're happy with Kenyon's vision of a corporate crowd all suited and booted and applauding politely when Drogba scores from 30 yards out, talking about the "splendid soccer" in whatever language they happen to speak at the Bridge these days, then yeah I guess he's done that. But if you prefer a few beers, a bit of passion, not being tied to your seat or taking out a second mortgage for the privilege, then he remains a tosser.

Edited by misschief

You like to sit in that shell of yours dont you. ? Try looking at the larger picture. You are proud of Chelsea being one of the biggest clubs and on the other hand you have your own reservations on having international guests at the Club. Choose what you want.

Secondly, Roman's money alone wouldnt have made us the BIG club we are now. The club's revenue annually, the fans all around the world, the merchandise sale, etc makes you and makes me proud of the BIG club that Chelsea is. and I think the credit should goto Roman for pouring his money into the club and Kenyon for making a good use of it.

Coming to Kenyon, being loyal bla bla. For God's sake he is not a Football Player. He is a Corporate executive who will shift jobs inroder to earn more and give his corporate career a boost. He claimed to be a fan of Man Utd. and no wonder he did WONDERS for Manutd in the 90's. I am glad we have him here cus hes beginning to make a difference to our club.

I dont understand why you have a prob with him for being disloyal when its the Manutd fans who should be cribbing about it. I would luv him to do the same job he did at Manutd in 90's making them a premier football club.

Do you think the Revenues that Manchester generated was due to Fergie's winning ways on field? NO. Revenues are generated by ticket sales, merchandise sales across world, and by other sources like broadcasting rights. Still Manchester United was the biggest club in Europe in 90's. One of the Richest club in 90's if not the Richest. These things are handled by the CEO or the executives that handle the financial affairs not by Fergie.

Coming back to ronaldinho, thats just one blip. I could instead tell you about an absolute Steal in the name of Christiano Ronaldo for Manchester United. No ones perfect. And coming back to us buying Ronaldino, hmm....you gotta raise this issue with our owner.

Do you think the Revenues that Manchester generated was due to Fergie's winning ways on field? NO. Revenues are generated by ticket sales, merchandise sales across world, and by other sources like broadcasting rights. Still Manchester United was the biggest club in Europe in 90's. One of the Richest club in 90's if not the Richest. These things are handled by the CEO or the executives that handle the financial affairs not by Fergie.

What's their wealth and success in the 90's got to do with Kenyon exactly?

Coming back to ronaldinho, thats just one blip. I could instead tell you about an absolute Steal in the name of Christiano Ronaldo for Manchester United. No ones perfect. And coming back to us buying Ronaldino, hmm....you gotta raise this issue with our owner.

Missing out on Ronaldinho was a blip? :lol:

More likely another dodgy deal gone wrong, lets face it, he didnt get Sven when he tried to tap him up, made a cock up over Cole first time round..........the blokes a shyster and not a particularly good one either.

What's their wealth and success in the 90's got to do with Kenyon exactly?

Missing out on Ronaldinho was a blip? :lol:

More likely another dodgy deal gone wrong, lets face it, he didnt get Sven when he tried to tap him up, made a cock up over Cole first time round..........the blokes a shyster and not a particularly good one either.

Dint he get you Obi Mikel? Dint he get Christaiano Ronaldo? You are just picking few incidences but you choose to ignore the buys he got for us and Manchester United in PARTICULAR!!!. It was he who got Jose Mourinho. but you hapr more on "how could he let Jose go? a puuppet of roman bla bla"...I am glad he got Jose and not Sven.

And regarding Cole Tapping controversy, I think it was Jose too who was involved in it but knowing you you would chose to ignore that.

Dint he get you Obi Mikel? Dint he get Christaiano Ronaldo? You are just picking few incidences but you choose to ignore the buys he got for us and Manchester United in PARTICULAR!!!. It was he who got Jose Mourinho. but you hapr more on "how could he let Jose go? a puuppet of roman bla bla"...I am glad he got Jose and not Sven.

And regarding Cole Tapping controversy, I think it was Jose too who was involved in it but knowing you you would chose to ignore that.

Mhmm he got Obi Mikel for both clubs apparently. :lol:

Warnie, you don't live in Britain do you?

You're simply from a different point of view from misschief. Misschief is an English fan, I presume someone fairly local to the area. To her, to me, to lots of us here, what Kenyon does is for the International fans perhaps, but mostly for the club's bank balance. You could argue that that then is passed on to make success on the pitch, but we pay high prices for tickets ANYWAY. From your point of view, Kenyon is great because all his marketing and whatnot is aimed at you!

You simply have different perspectives.