Peter Kenyon

the wes

Lol, what would someone else have done differently? He was brought in to make the business side of the club better!

No thats fair enough thats his job. But the man oozes sleaze and - instead of telling us what the club has done to increase our chances of winning the Premiership and Champions League every year - he seems obsessed with preaching about how many more countries have heard of Chelsea FC.

I'd rather know what the club are doing about Didier Drogba's outburts than the intricacies of Chelsea FC America.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thats fair enough thats his job. But the man oozes sleaze and - instead of telling us what the club has done to increase our chances of winning the Premiership and Champions League every year - he seems obsessed with preaching about how many more countries have heard of Chelsea FC.

I'd rather know what the club are doing about Didier Drogba's outburts than the intricacies of Chelsea FC America.

Lol, well don't ask Kenyon then. All he cares about is how popular we are in other countries, how good our sponsorship deals are ect.... at the end of the day team affairs mean jack to him - it's not his job.

Besides we don't need to particularly like Kenyon, as long as he does his job why should we care? It used to be the 11 players on the pitch was all that anyone cared about, these days everyone is a wannabe businessman/manager/scout and need to approve of every level of the club right down to the tea lady (who incidently is a right old cow!!)

I dont understand how hes 'treated us like imbeciles' FB?

eg's Press conference at launch of Grant - General pandering to corporates above real fans - obsession with all things marketing and money. I'm not patronising you , but younger fans cant see in some respects how, not just Chelsea, 'big' clubs in the last 15-20 years have fucked over the fans that made the clubs great in the first place.

There are far too many money men involved in the game who don't have a clue (or a care) about what all the fans are really there for - the football.

Lol, well don't ask Kenyon then. All he cares about is how popular we are in other countries, how good our sponsorship deals are ect.... at the end of the day team affairs mean jack to him - it's not his job.

Besides we don't need to particularly like Kenyon, as long as he does his job why should we care? It used to be the 11 players on the pitch was all that anyone cared about, these days everyone is a wannabe businessman/manager/scout and need to approve of every level of the club right down to the tea lady (who incidently is a right old cow!!)

Thats my mum.

Its when he opens his mouth and all that shit that we're supposed to fall for makes me reach for the sick bucket.

If Roman wasn't such a tight arse we wouldn't need all this marketing bollocks. No sponsors. We could just be the best team in the world from playing the best football, without having to advertise the fact. :)

Thats my mum.

Its when he opens his mouth and all that shit that we're supposed to fall for makes me reach for the sick bucket.

If Roman wasn't such a tight arse we wouldn't need all this marketing bollocks. No sponsors. We could just be the best team in the world from playing the best football, without having to advertise the fact. :)

Ooooppss, erm - i i meant the tea lady is a lovely lady :D

Ahhh, tis a nice dream but it's not very likely to happen is it? All the business side is a load of bollocks as far as we are concerned, but they go through the process of advertising all the marketing crap to appeal to new fans and to make us look good in the media.... it's all a s**t but what can you do. Get someone else in his place? Won't make a blind bit of difference.

Ooooppss, erm - i i meant the tea lady is a lovely lady :D

Ahhh, tis a nice dream but it's not very likely to happen is it? All the business side is a load of bollocks as far as we are concerned, but they go through the process of advertising all the marketing crap to appeal to new fans and to make us look good in the media.... it's all a s**t but what can you do. Get someone else in his place? Won't make a blind bit of difference.

I know. Just having a general moan about him really.:)

It wouldn't be so bad if all of Kenyon’s increased revenue could help lower ticket prices, he’s welcome to talk about Chelsea conquering the world till the cows come home. But if we're going to continue shelling out £60 for the pleasure of supporting our local team, he can shove his globalisation banter up his arse.

I know. Just having a general moan about him really. :)

It wouldn't be so bad if all of Kenyon's increased revenue could help lower ticket prices, he's welcome to talk about Chelsea conquering the world till the cows come home. But if we're going to continue shelling out £60 for the pleasure of supporting our local team, he can shove his globalisation banter up his arse.

Well the only way anyone will get the fans to metaphorically suck them off is to lower the ticket prices to a reasonable level - and at the end of the day that is all we really care about other than the football. But again not likely to happen - especially while we are selling out every game

You keep saying that the 'younger fans' dont understand, and then come out with that! Has he not spent enough for you?

Well the only way anyone will get the fans to metaphorically suck them off is to lower the ticket prices to a reasonable level - and at the end of the day that is all we really care about other than the football. But again not likely to happen - especially while we are selling out every game

If you banned all the corporates and tourists they wouldn't sell out at £60 a shot. Thats what the 'branding' has done, ensured theres a high percentage of digicams and foreign rich bums on seats. Again Kenyons job, whoopee.

Ask any Man United fan what they think of Kenyon and they'll tell you just how the commercial focus of team made them feel. Pre-season games were meant to be for fitness and the fans to see how their club has developed.

But now they embark on tiring tours to the USA just to prostitute the brand and form links with Mickey Mouse and Pizzawank.

You keep saying that the 'younger fans' dont understand, and then come out with that! Has he not spent enough for you?

I dont keep saying that, maybe you're getting mixed up with somebody else. I said younger fans cant see how 'big' clubs have fucked over there loyal fans in the last 15-20 years.

Spent more than enough on players. He doesnt need to spend wages on Kenyon to prostitute Chelsea to rich tourists like we'll go under if we dont.

But now they embark on tiring tours to the USA just to prostitute the brand and form links with Mickey Mouse and Pizzawank.

Like it or not mate, football is a business now, and thats why we have to do it.

Manchester United are the second richest club in the world because of their fanbase, and the work that Kenyon and Utd did with Asia over a period of time.

We can not go on forever relying on Roman's money, and therefore the work that Kenyon does to promote us globably is vital in order to make money.

Manchester Utd are nowhere near the second richest club in the world.

They are not in any way profitable. Crewe, Doncaster and Accrington Stanley are more in profit. The Glazers sneakily borrowed the money @ £750 000 000, via a bank and set up a separate company. The interest payments are just about covered by ManUtds income. So all ManUtd fans are doing is paying off the Glazers overdraft. The Glazers have essentially bought a brand, get the fans to pay for it whilst it goes up in value,like a house, then they'll sell and in their mind make a massive profit on the backs of fans.

By using a separate company, if it all went tits up, they would walk away owing nothing and ManUtd would collapse. This wont happen because they know football fans are the most loyal punters in the World.

All the big clubs are all about the money making, which is why Man you recently did that trip abroad during the season and the pre season trips are always to places that "have market potential"...... the businessmen deal with the business and the footballers play the football, unfortunately thats the way it is.

Sorry, I didn't mean richest, I meant revenue.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage...1240823,00.html

Income -big, big. big difference. They're basically so much in debt and relying on the brand to make money for the Glazers, no one else.

3 Things that sum up the ugly side of Chelsea FC.

1) The Chelsea Magazine

2) Kenyon

3) That cunt before games in a pseudo Yank accent that says ''Repreeeeeeseeeenting Cheeeeeeeeeelseea !''

Lol, the magazine is pretty unoffensive to be fair, what you would expect from a club ran magazine. Kenyon is a Chief Executive, by their very nature they are fairly unlikeable. But i will agree with you on Barnett!! Ban that t**t from match days..... :)