Wigan 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

McEachran back from injury yet? Hopefully he makes the bench for this game.

Cech

Bos-Ivan-Luiz-Bertrand

Mikel

Lampard-Malouda

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Sub off Mata and Sturridge for Kalou and McEachran late on. Ivan for Chalobah :D

Completely forgot we had Malouda, I'd go with this as well.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm it seems like we are underestimating wigan..

LOL it's not as if we're playing our youth team

There is something called rotation... And honestly, Wigan are one of the worst teams in the Prem right now. At least teams like Wolves can provide a hostile atmosphere even if the team is shit which can cause problems. Wigan's fans are awful.

dint know lamps raul and rambo were all on 4 yellows. this blows. i definitely dont see rambo playin this match but maybe one of raul or lamps. probably lamps because its hard to see raul goin a game without gettin booked. so my team would be

cech

iva luiz jt cole

oriol

lamps josh/malouda

sturridge torres mata.

hope we get a 2 or 3 goal lead in the 1st half itself so that players can be rested.

I reckon Drogba should sit out on this one, we need Torres to be in some sort of form come Jan.

And Josh not featuring against a team like wigan is unacceptable in my book.

Cech

Bos-Luiz-JT-Bertrand

Mikel

Josh-Lamps

Sturidge-Torres-Mata

No way i've never rated Mikel. Everytime ive seen him in action at the Bridge he has always been the one player im furious with watching! He walks like a crab, loses the ball way too often and doesn't have the cojones to make a defence splitting pass. As for Frank i would never, ever, EVER say anything bad about him, he is a true Chelsea Legend and he could be fatter than Yokozuna and i would still want him in our squad! Romeu is an injection of fresh legs that we have desperatley lacked the last 18 months +. That is why we are all soo happy to see him in the team, it has nothing to do with the player before him because Essien is still a great DM that i hope recovers to full fitness a.s.a.p.

cosine Mikel being very crab-like

LOL it's not as if we're playing our youth team

There is something called rotation... And honestly, Wigan are one of the worst teams in the Prem right now. At least teams like Wolves can provide a hostile atmosphere even if the team is shit which can cause problems. Wigan's fans are awful.

True...but Blackburn were and are and we struggled againt them.

Be daft to underestimate them seeing as they do come up with shocking results at times...

But saying that hopfully can get a big win...

Trust Wigan to win there last fucking game, sick of teams getting in form before they play us.

But anyway this should!, by all means be a comfortable game for us, if anything goes wrong that is very very worrying. We shouldn't be fighting for a 2-1 victory or a scrappy 1-0, should be a comfortable victory, just like wolves when we beat them 3-0. Wigan are a good side and play good football, they have some young talents, so i would expect some magic from them, but we should be way ahead of them and be scoring a lot more goals than they do. Shouldn't be any reason to struggle in this game.

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Bertrand

Meireles-Romeu-McEachran

Sturridge-Drogba-Mata

Bertrand must play, its shocking the game time he gets, he just gets treated like a back up player rather than a prospect. I added Meireles because putting Ramires in that midfield could be some trouble, always need that experienced player in any game in the premier league. McEachran again must play, if not then i want to see him subbed on, this is a team what i think he could really show something, and i hope he does show something so the manager can pick him more often. And as for Drogba, as i have said before we arent good enough or have the right team to be playing Torres yet, Drogba can work with the team and will cause problems in the defence, we need him, and he should be able to help us get 3 points.

True...but Blackburn were and are and we struggled againt them.

Be daft to underestimate them seeing as they do come up with shocking results at times...

But saying that hopfully can get a big win...

Blackburn will NOT!, get relegated, they are a good team, and Steve Kean is a good manager. There atmosphere at the moment is poor and they are very unlucky, just look at some of there games, the chances they give away, they just have lack of faith. Although we were better than Blackburn that day we played them this season, they could of easily of won it and definitely could of gotten a point, they missed a sitter when Cech was just lying there on the floor and he decided to just kick it at him, and Yakubu's chance, when Cech broke his nose.

Hoilet is a quite a quality player, Yakubu is a quality striker he's just inconsistent, he can pull of an amazing finish and then miss a sitter, anyhow for a fat slow dude he has good and fast movement. That Olsen isn't to bad, he offers some pace. They have a brilliant central defence, and there full defence is premier league material, top half of the table in my opinion. Samba is world class if he's on form and the teams playing well, Scott Dann is a very good talent and solid. There midfield isn't to great however but they shouldn't be getting relegated, Wigan have a championship defence, it's only Caldwell who i would rate for premier league, and besides a bright few talents such as Diame, Rodellaga, Moses and Jordi Gomez there not a premier league team. And same goes for Wolves and Swansea (who are just in good form at the moment).

Nah they're not a bad team but everything that could go wrong for them is at the moment.Just at the time when we played,they were loosing by quite a few,struggling and we went in..probably expecting an easy game and got the opposite and that could easily happen with Wigan

As for them becoming good when we play that seems to be the case with us a lot!!And players as well..soon as they mention 'so and so hasnt scored in 10 years...he will! Then wont ever again daft things like that happen'...

Score first and early on all be good!Long as we can play how we have been and not go back to being shite again because its not seen as a big team game and all

Nah they're not a bad team but everything that could go wrong for them is at the moment.Just at the time when we played,they were loosing by quite a few,struggling and we went in..probably expecting an easy game and got the opposite and that could easily happen with Wigan

As for them becoming good when we play that seems to be the case with us a lot!!And players as well..soon as they mention 'so and so hasnt scored in 10 years...he will! Then wont ever again daft things like that happen'...

Score first and early on all be good!Long as we can play how we have been and not go back to being shite again because its not seen as a big team game and all

That happened for almost every fucking game last season, it was so annoying. We were such a poor team how we came 2nd just justifies how awful everyone was last season. And it's not that much different this season aswell to be honest. We always conceded first then had to somehow pull off a win, and usually we did, but still we played like shit despite the comeback. West Brom this season was the perfect example of the typical game last season, playing extremely poor. Put as the two wingers we have they've added something to our team, Romeu has also added something in midfield. And that's the brightness of it, if we can take form into the next game, we should be able to win. I think we will beat Wigan comfortably, and we should be. However we cannot play highline, highline with our team is struggle against any team in the premier league. I wont be so confident if we play that.

:doh: So much wrong with this post on so many levels

If you have watched Blackburn this season you will know what i mean, things havent went there way, i honestly believe they will stay up. Kean is under the biggest pressure in the premier league and english football right now, he takes shite from the fans every match, but he still reacts really sensible and respects the other teams without anger or being bitter. Very good manager and i think he will get them on a decent run. Take Everton game for example, they missed two penalties, and were better than Everton the whole game, Everton got a penalty last minute, and Mikel Arteta scored to make it 1-0. They also could of beaten us if they had confidence.

If you have watched Blackburn this season you will know what i mean, things havent went there way, i honestly believe they will stay up. Kean is under the biggest pressure in the premier league and english football right now, he takes shite from the fans every match, but he still reacts really sensible and respects the other teams without anger or being bitter. Very good manager and i think he will get them on a decent run. Take Everton game for example, they missed two penalties, and were better than Everton the whole game, Everton got a penalty last minute, and Mikel Arteta scored to make it 1-0. They also could of beaten us if they had confidence.

Lol, should have could have. Luck swings both ways my friend, and in how many matches do you see two own goals from one team, a clear offside goal given for yours (arsenal match, 4-3 win). Or how about a last minute penalty for foul on your goalkeeper? (tie with Wigan)

Don't let him fool you, he's a terrible manager. By far the worst in the premier league. This is a side that was top ten, and he nearly took them down. Had they had someone like Hughes or MON or hell, even Fat Sam, they woulnt even be worried about relegation.

Lol, should have could have. Luck swings both ways my friend, and in how many matches do you see two own goals from one team, a clear offside goal given for yours (arsenal match, 4-3 win). Or how about a last minute penalty for foul on your goalkeeper? (tie with Wigan)

Don't let him fool you, he's a terrible manager. By far the worst in the premier league. This is a side that was top ten, and he nearly took them down. Had they had someone like Hughes or MON or hell, even Fat Sam, they woulnt even be worried about relegation.

That's your opinion, i think he's a good manager, and i don't think he will relegate Blackburn. They play well, and fair enough they got luck in both of those games, but they've been more unlucky than lucky.