Nicolas Gaitan

milllz

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we will play Benfica in CL now I will really watch him carefully. Perhaps Benfica members that joined can tell us more about Nico.

How good is he at the moment? How important he is to your team? How much potential does he have? Is he a good lad? Would he want to leave? How much would he cost?

As we will play Benfica in CL now I will really watch him carefully. Perhaps Benfica members that joined can tell us more about Nico.

How good is he at the moment? How important he is to your team? How much potential does he have? Is he a good lad? Would he want to leave? How much would he cost?

Sorry, haven't been around much, but just to answer a few questions....He's a great player with loads of potential. He was on fire the first half of the season but has had a slower second half of the season coming off an injury. His importance to the team is less than you would think simply because we have a lot of attacking options and change tactics depending on the opponent. Generally, when healthy he's a sure starter especially against teams that need to be opened up but he sometimes gets lost in a physical game. That is mostly because he has a smaller frame and is still developing. One thing Benfica has done is get him to beef up and pack in some muscle so we'll see if he's turned the corner in that aspect of his game.

He's extremely versatile, able to play on both wings but definitely superior on the left side. He also slots in nicely at number 10, to be honest would be a great compliment to Mata and would give Chelsea some much needed width.

Would he want to leave? I'd hate to see him go but let's be realistic, Gaitan didn't grow up in Argentina dreaming of playing for Benfica, so realistically money talks. That's not to say he's a gold-digger or has the mercenary mentality of a Tevez but sadly we won't be able to keep him. That being said, he's getting enough visibility with Benfica to get called up and play on a strong Argentina side. He's also playing side by side with one of his heroes Aimar, as well as other Argentine internationals Saviola and Garay so he's not in a rush to leave.

How much would he cost? His buyout is 40M euros and he has a lot of the big European clubs sniffing around knowing he's not going to be cheap, so he's not going anywhere for under 30M. I see his actual sale price 30-35M. Given the players out there available around the same price, I think he'd be the perfect choice for Chelsea given his age and untapped potential. Keep a close eye on him for our Champions League tie, I have a feeling you'll see flashes of brilliance but don't expect a dominant performance where he takes over the game because his role is more along the lines of a team player that will raise everyone's game around him as opposed to highlight after highlight.

Yesterday he wasn't Brilliant.

Agreed, he wasn't brilliant but he brightened things up a couple of times playing amongst a team who had a dim day. Maybe if the real Benfica shows up next leg we'll see Gaitan at his potential.

thought he was their biggest threat to us

Agreed, he was definitely challenging one on one and got a lot of dangerous crosses into dangerous areas. He didn't have a bad game by any stretch but he has a lot more to give based on watching him week in and week out.

This kid is good. Either him or Di Maria will be real value to our team.

#Di Maria's goal against APOEL was world class.#

im inclined to prefer di maria because he operates on the rightwing better and we all know the lw spot is reserved for a certain belgium(hazard) :)

with that said gaitan would be welcomed by me; but I woudnt lose much sleep if we got someone else of good quality.

im inclined to prefer di maria because he operates on the rightwing better and we all know the lw spot is reserved for a certain belgium(hazard) :)

with that said gaitan would be welcomed by me; but I woudnt lose much sleep if we got someone else of good quality.

not sure about that. But I would also welcome any of the three wide players.

Great player, but it's hard for me like him after all that diving. Really started disliking him as a player due to the diving, so of course I wouldn't want him at Chelsea. Rather have Di Maria or Hazard. Of course Di Maria dives too, but he didn't dive against Chelsea yet, so I got no reason to hate him...yet.

Great player, but it's hard for me like him after all that diving. Really started disliking him as a player due to the diving, so of course I wouldn't want him at Chelsea. Rather have Di Maria or Hazard. Of course Di Maria dives too, but he didn't dive against Chelsea yet, so I got no reason to hate him...yet.

So you don't care if a player dives until he dives against us? :blink:

So you don't care if a player dives until he dives against us? :blink:

Never said I want players to dive. I said I prefer Di Maria over Gaitan cause even though they both dive, Di Maria hasn't dived against Chelsea to invoke that emotion of hate from me. I don't condone that he dive all over the place, but I could care less if he dives against Barca. But if he dives against Chelsea, you're goddamn right I'd want to punch him in the balls.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You