AVB kills off critics

Wilson

Well done AVB! Never doubted you, great result at home to Valencia. Also got to give credit to Didier Drogba, fucking magnificent! Mata aswell was brilliant. The only thing I don't approve of in that game was bringing Mikel on, we really need to get rid of that boy.

CAREFREE!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the Mikel sub. was a crucial one because we were losing the midfield battle every time. Putting in Mikel allowed us to keep the ball after winning it which eventually led to us getting the third goal and killing off the game.

But I totally agree with you about the importance of that win especially emotionally and psychologically for the players, not to mention shutting every one up about how AVB is going to get sacked.

By the words of the great AVB "Today we gave everyone a slap in the face."

The Mikel sub was very good... we could have easily conceded if it wasn't for that tactical substitution. Valencia were starting to find a way into our box and having 2 DM-s prevented that further.

I can understand why you say the sub was important, we had to hold the midfield and take control. However any player could play our CDM role, just never had anyone on the bench (except Mikel ofcourse). I would have preferred Meireles or Ramires to play that role, Mikel is useless. We don't need him, we have better options! Get rid of him, he won't be missed.

well done chulo and true_blue

these guys are somhow mostly morrons when it comes down to mikel... really gutted when I see them talk like that about an FUCK'N 24 Year old Lad while they give ramy credit for.... mainly for running fast.... lets be honest I've learned to love ramy but he is exactly what I said... a avarage Player that blossoms when the rest of the Players on the pitch are blowing out of there last holes...

and when it comes to running

EDIT:

And right NOW they'll come out saying "At least ramy can develop because hes 24..." and they don't even realize thats the same Age as Mikels... and they then don't realize how good and reliable Mikel is for his age in that spot...

these guys are somhow mostly morrons when it comes down to mikel... really gutted when I see them talk like that about an FUCK'N 24 Year old Lad while they give ramy credit for.... mainly for running fast.... lets be honest I've learned to love ramy but he is exactly what I said... a avarage Player that blossoms when the rest of the Players on the pitch are blowing out of there last holes...

and when it comes to running

EDIT:

And right NOW they'll come out saying "At least ramy can develop because hes 24..." and they don't even realize thats the same Age as Mikels... and they then don't realize how good and reliable Mikel is for his age in that spot...

Good one there Clevemayer....Everybody seem to forget Mikel's age all of a sudden, and they dont realize that it is because of his reliability that they sudden think of him as a veteran and criticize him like he is Maka......I will say he is one of few hype youngsters that have actually made it in the Chelsea first time, give him some credit its not like we are talking about the never improving Kalou....Mikel was converted from his natural position and he is still this reliable, i am not trying to undermine Romeu in anyway that boy is pure class....But give Mikel some damn credit, he is only 24 for crying out loud....

these guys are somhow mostly morrons when it comes down to mikel...

& it really gets up my goat when I see post like this disrespecting people because they share a different view to your own! Others have gone as far to say that 'people have no footballing intellect' when having a pessimistic view on Mikel, when infact they have no right to say that at all especially when they have no idea of a persons background in football.

Now I warned you last season about Mikel's deficiencies but namely he would get caught out against quick thinking players especially those with pace - what happened against Liverpool in the league game? Romeu has showed me more in his short tenure than Mikel ever has but I would still urge some caution towards being over optimistic as things can change but Romeu really looks the part.

That said I will always give praise where it is due & Mikel done well when he came on yesterday, assured cameo but perhaps the fact he has had his nose put out of joint by a younger more hungry player then it may inspire him to improve his game. Fair play to him for having a good attitude & not throwing his toys out of the pram, top reaction.

& it really gets up my goat when I see post like this disrespecting people because they share a different view to your own! Others have gone as far to say that 'people have no footballing intellect' when having a pessimistic view on Mikel, when infact they have no right to say that at all especially when they have no idea of a persons background in football.

Now I warned you last season about Mikel's deficiencies but namely he would get caught out against quick thinking players especially those with pace - what happened against Liverpool in the league game? Romeu has showed me more in his short tenure than Mikel ever has but I would still urge some caution towards being over optimistic as things can change but Romeu really looks the part.

That said I will always give praise where it is due & Mikel done well when he came on yesterday, assured cameo but perhaps the fact he has had his nose put out of joint by a younger more hungry player then it may inspire him to improve his game. Fair play to him for having a good attitude & not throwing his toys out of the pram, top reaction.

No matter how many times we explain this, we'll always be seen as haters :doh:

Mikel is useful for games where the tempo needs be slowed down & where we need to play more defensive. Like last night when 3-0 up and not needing any hiccups. More often, than not, Romeu is much more effective because of his fast pace, no nonsense tackling & good read of the game. The type who will break down the opposition attack & kick start our own.

Mikel was useful for the style of Ancelotti & co. For Villas-Boas, not so much.

No matter how many times we explain this, we'll always be seen as haters :doh:

Mikel is useful for games where the tempo needs be slowed down & where we need to play more defensive. Like last night when 3-0 up and not needing any hiccups. More often, than not, Romeu is much more effective because of his fast pace, no nonsense tackling & good read of the game. The type who will break down the opposition attack & kick start our own.

Mikel was useful for the style of Ancelotti & co. For Villas-Boas, not so much.

I have no problem with fans/members disagreeing with me - that's fine, its just so annoying when they have to resort to name calling when its totally uncalled for. I could understand a little if they can justify their opinion with a creditable post but generally they can't & just dismiss your views with ignorance.

I've maintained my views about Mikel since the day I registered here & have said many times that I would eat a very large piece of humble pie if he proves me wrong, what I have noticed is there is a distinct change of opinion on Mikel on this forum now to the one I first encountered on here which sort of vindicated my opinion then (& our view now - still! lol) My views have been the same regarding Maloulda, Bosingwa & to a lesser extent Kalou as I have never considered them top quality but it is just my opinion.

I concur with your analysis regarding Mikel & would add that he is useful in games such as last night when we have less possession, also when we play sides like Stoke as his strength & height come into play too.

I almost stood up and cheered when I heard AVB after the Valencia game taunt the press by saying "tomorrow you will have to write about a great Chelsea win."

Fucking brilliant.

Best part, and the grin at the end - golden :lol:

What does Mikel have to do to get credit?

Pick up the ball from David Luiz 25 yards out of Cech's goal at the Camp Nou, one swift flick off the ball putting Villa,Messi and Sanchez all on their arse. Then on to Xavi nutmegged 4 times before turning him taking him out of the game. Showboating around Iniesta and Bisquets with both chasing shadows then when he gets bored he moves on to Pique and Mascerano at centre half, dances around both and comes back for more 20 times before he had enough then chips over Valdes right into the top corner off the net.

Anything less than that i doubt Mikel will ever get credit sadly :(

Pick up the ball from David Luiz 25 yards out of Cech's goal at the Camp Nou, one swift flick off the ball putting Villa,Messi and Sanchez all on their arse. Then on to Xavi nutmegged 4 times before turning him taking him out of the game. Showboating around Iniesta and Bisquets with both chasing shadows then when he gets bored he moves on to Pique and Mascerano at centre half, dances around both and comes back for more 20 times before he had enough then chips over Valdes right into the top corner off the net.

Oh I forgot the sarcasm - I rest my case!!!

thats sadly so true...

I'm fine with ppl don't shareing my thoughts I have no problem wit this at all, I only don't like ppl who ar so unflexible and they're thinking of a player (or any person in life) can't be changed, and it even it get worse if you clearly ignore FACTS for one person and use exactly the same excuses for another person, just because you like him... In my thoughts and my world ppl have to be able to THINK and don't say/post stupid things to others.... that aside:

1st It really gets up MY goat if ppl don't READ what I'm telling and if so, they missunderstand ist, I know my english is not the best on this planet, but I think its possible, even for native english speakers to understand my intentions and my word, with no real immense thinking and interpreting of my written scentences. I never called them morrons with no knowledge of the game, I clearly wrote "When it comes down to MIKEL", this for me means, in the context of talking about Mikel they seem to put off they're brain

2nd you will never see me intentionally calling somebody stupid or telling somebody he has no knowing of the game what so ever, the incidents you're calling into you're mind will always be a) when somebody called somebody else or me stupid or told me or somebody else he has no knowing of the game, while it's clear as daylight that the person calling this to other persons is the only one not knowing what hes talking about (its not hard to see this just scroll with that wheel on youre mouse a bit upwards and you'll read posts before that one I've written), B) somebody telling complete nonsense and don't even gets his facts right and not even borthers to learn and understand (there are so many ppl outa there, e. g. my brother in law, always says Chelsea was as bad as ManCity and ManU is the only team completely build on they're succes in England (he's Dortmund fan), because, and this is really great, they don't have a rich owner, he don't understands that nearly EVERY team has a rich owner, and ManU has two of them...), it's ok if you discuss and you talk about players, like Einstein said "That place, where everybody says the same and thinks the same, is a stupid place", but than you have to accept if things are true and should better say " Hey listen, Mikel is a good player but guys, I cant stand him", I would accept this 1000 times better than "This Whanker Mikel doesn't deserve to play, what a morron, hes sooooo useless, only sideway passes (Oriols Passing range iss much much deeper and further back than MIKELS actually and he gives MORE Sideway passes than Mikel, and I even can PROVE this with statistics, but still then ppl will give romeu credit for playing sooooo much more offensive and forward passes and thats when I start to think, oh my gosh *facepalm*, I'm really IMPRESSED with romeu he is a great lad but if ppl criticise Mikel for defensive play, they should better stop to give Romeu credit... I will give it to him, because I like his determination, great young lad)...

3rd Nobody, and for sure not me, is saying Mikel is the complete and perfect player, simply because there is not a single player on this planet thats fully complete and perfect (Lamps aside ;) )... Mikel HAS to improve two things, 1st (and I've said this 1000 times now) his attitude on the pitch, he has to be as determined as oriol (what he did against valencia)... 2nd, he has to be quicker with his passing, it has to be mor instinctive... he takes too long on the ball... and I always and always repeat this, if you don't read my posts and my comments it's you're fault not mine, I even called for Mikel to be benched because of his bad run of games. Mikel isn't even my favourite player, these are Lamps and Drogs, and I even call for they're heads if they're not performing... My thinking of a player is because of his outcome on the field and what he gives to a team, and I'm able to strictly seperate this from personal feelings, I even rate Kalou (for his often gaemchenging substitutions) and can't stand him, so it is with Anelka... whatever ppl talk about him, he was a royal servant to the club and did very, very well, we have no other Striker who can play his role, add to this that hes may be the player with the most accurate shot in his foot at our disposal....

4th you have 3 major faults from Mikel comeing in to you're brain in the last three years, that one at Inter when he goes down too early in the tackle and they score they're third goal, that one against city and that one against Liverscum.... So in three years three erros, gosh, Luiz have already ten times more mistakdes, let aside balls and Tackles Ramy has lost (lets repeat, I really like Ramy).... What am I saying? sorry, if you don't get this too, I cant help...

with best regards

Cleve