AVB kills off critics

Wilson

CM, your English is far better than my German would ever be!

1. It's not just you that uses these terms as there are also English members who like to be disrespectful when posting.

2. I don't rate Maloulda either but wouldn't refer him as a 'wanker' either, it is my view that the 4 players that I have mentioned in my previous post are simply not top class & cannot take us up to another level in performance especially when you consider consistency.

3. Unfortunately Mikel is one of those 4, you & others can give me all these stats that to me are irrelevant because as I have stated before you have to take into consideration his all round game which sadly is not good enough & members fail badly with this oversight.

4. I'm not totally biased in my opinion of Mikel & will give credit when I see fit, hence my comments above, so I try to judge players fairly - what others post is really not my concern. When I criticize a player or anything in general I always try to post with good reason for my opinions rather than post disrespectful comments that have no foundation to them.

5. Wouldn't disagree about Luiz either, he has to improve, I think he has the ability to become top class which is my point here - were as Mikel imo hasn't got enough in his locker to get to another level but again I will be pleased if he can prove me wrong.

Apologies if I've missed valid points in your post but at work & havn't had time to digest your post.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like I said, you HAVE to consider his statistics and the way he plays and I think, Mikel has done tremendous work but let us also down at times... and thats normal...

albeit Kalou have never developed since arriving and has never done great but had an impact as sub...

I would be interestet in which manner you mean Mikels performance is bad... give us you're oversight we don't have...

shooting?

passing?

physics?

technical?

long range balls?

shielding?

dribbling?

defending?

heading?

eye for an good pass?

which of this abilitys do you mean exactly...

and then maybe back to tpic because this is about AVB and not Mikel...

I don't think it's a coincidence that Maka got praised as Chelsea's DM by football fans, Essien got praised when he played DM in his prime by football fans, Romeu currently receives praise as Chelsea's DM by football fans yet Mik

like I said, you HAVE to consider his statistics and the way he plays and I think, Mikel has done tremendous work but let us also down at times... and thats normal...

albeit Kalou have never developed since arriving and has never done great but had an impact as sub...

I would be interestet in which manner you mean Mikels performance is bad... give us you're oversight we don't have...

shooting?

passing?

physics?

technical?

long range balls?

shielding?

dribbling?

defending?

heading?

eye for an good pass?

which of this abilitys do you mean exactly...

and then maybe back to tpic because this is about AVB and not Mikel...

Again?!

I will keep this brief as I feel like a parrot!

His main deficiencies are all to do with speed, he lacks pace, doesn't have the speed of thought that Makelele has in anticipating danger & he lacks the speed to distribute the ball quickly - which is what Carlo referred to on many occasions last season before dropping him for an out of form Essien. Now I could go on about my reasoning that Makelele, Essien & Ballack were better than Mikel in this position but the simplest way of explaining that is who played in that position in our title winning years? Before you throw something back about 09/10 I will say this, if Mikel had not of got injured then we would not of won the title as Ballack was simply magnificent in that position.

Now let me throw something back at you, who would you pick if all things being equal, Makelele or Mikel, a fit injury free Essien or Mikel, & currently Romeu or Mikel?

To further emphasize my point by not being detrimental towards Mikel who would you select Mata or Maloulda?

I wonder............

Again?!

I will keep this brief as I feel like a parrot!

His main deficiencies are all to do with speed, he lacks pace, doesn't have the speed of thought that Makelele has in anticipating danger & he lacks the speed to distribute the ball quickly - which us what Carlo referred to on many occasions last season before dropping him for an out of form Essien. Now I could go on about my reasoning that Makelele, Essien & Ballack were better than Mikel in this position but the simplest way of explaining that is who played in that position in our title winning years? Before you throw something back about 09/10 I will say this, if Mikel had not of got injured then we would not of won the title as Ballack was simply magnificent in that position.

Now let me throw something back at you, who would you pick if all things being equal, Makelele or Mikel, a fit injury free Essien or Mikel, & currently Romeu or Mikel?

To further emphasize my point by not being detrimental towards Mikel who would you select Mata or Maloulda?

I wonder............

good...

1st its just not true about our title 09/10, simple point, because Mikel was gett'n praise from all around

2nd I would prefer Maka in his prime, from 27 to 34 (look at the age ;) ), I would pick Mikel over Essien anyday... Essien was one of our main Reasons for slumps in form during the december spells in 2009/2010 and 2010/2011... I can remember pretty lively that a large amount of yousers on this board wanted him offloaded after his horrondous spell that he had after his redcard with his two footed challenge, me too, albeit I wanted him going because of his nasty injurys (and I see me proving right)... That said, a combination of Mikel and Essien what the best we had, Ess is no Defensive Midfilder... everything said... Mikel was the best Passer in the WHOLE EPL that season, with most FORWARD Passes, more than Fabregas, Song, Toure and whoever... so again... FAIL..

Ballack is so overrated sorry guys... I saw him play since his days with leverkusen, a great strong player with a good goal ratio.... Very good Midfielder but in my eys not a Worldbeater, deserves great respect for his goals and things but nowhere a defensive Midfielder in big games (can't remember adhoc in which or if he ever performed as defensive midfielder in any big games)... Mikel was preferred in the MOST of games even by Ancelotti, sorry... FAIL... and it was no coincident that as soon as Mikel was back in form last year... He was one of our best if not THE Best Midfielder... just sort you're memories... we won all five games after he was back on the field... and he was benched after an Injury to his ankle, Ancelotti and himself explained this various times, he also stated he was very disappointed he didnt went strait away back in to the 1st eleven after his injury... sry Mate you're wrigling some facts ;)

Right now I would go for romeu, If mikel gets over his recent slump in Form, Mikel any day... Just look whom plays in which areas in that posts above you (scrollwhee on the mouse, remember ;) *kidding )

And thats EXACTLY what I'm talking and reffering about... Mikel has to get quicker and determinde let's not forget this... but you guys criticise where is nothing to criticise...

I remember seeing him in that 2:0 win against Arsenal at the Bridge... and I bought a Fuck'n kit with his name straight after because he WAS a GIANT... unbeliveable Impressive... And yes I was in the MHLW when Alex hit that Stunner of an goal ;)

Look mate, we are going round in circles just like before & at the end of the day your opinion is set in stone so there is really no point in further discussion. Wriggling facts? The only facts that I will clearly state is that Mikel is not good enough, Makelele, Essien were far superior players, Romeu is currently too & his inclusion & form is the reason why members/fans are starting to change their mindset about Mikel, however I wouldn't expect those Mikel lovers to openly admit it as too many like to hide after they have fired their bullets! The FACT is I warned you about him getting caught in possession & not up to it against quality sides because he will get found out & this has been proved correct already this season but no matter keep living in your Mikel bubble & hope he delivers.

Now lastly, AVB's current record in the transfer market is bang on, his squad is starting to take shape, by next summer we will have a team that is quality - maybe not the finished article by any means but a squad capable of some consistency in challenging. With this in mind we are starting to see quality brought in for average players remember Mata for Maloulda & then you have Sturridge for Kalou etc. We are going the right way & if that means the average players of Mikel, Maloulda, Kalou, Bosingwa et al are benched, play less or leave that's fine with me because it means we are replacing them with quality & this will further enhance the message that I am trying to get across in that we need top class players to replace the stale & we can go on to become a Barcelona in winning the CL on a consistent basis.

This time next year will be a good time to re-evaluate my point & then we will see whose right & who is wrong...........

Look mate, we are going round in circles just like before & at the end of the day your opinion is set in stone so there is really no point in further discussion. Wriggling facts?

oh gosh... sometimes I fell like talking to a wall... Maka yes Essien not... Essien is a WASTE in that place... Sry Mate... I'm not in a bubble and I'm clearly not in a Mikelloving world... you get many things wrong and I don't think you consider what I tell or check what I'm saying... just keeping on with what YOU think is right eyh? I was AGAINST Meireles, but now I see he is a solid player and gie him credit... AGAINST Romeu (another hyped barcayouthplayer I thought)... AGAINST Anelka... AGAINST Malouda and have changed my mind (temoprarly or permanantly)... I have no point in defending any of them...

and aside from THREE games in THREE years you weren't proven RIGHT... like I said 3 incidents are nough for you to feel right... for me its mistakes that even terry does...

I'm fine if mikel leaves... I have no problem with this... hes a professional and will earn his money anywhre else... I'm only sad to see him leave because he is a gre8 player...

I have no doubts in AVBs choices what so ever...

Essien must go he isn't reliable anymore... Romeu was a good bargain..

Yet another thread drowned in off-topic with one of the infamous and tiring Mikel vs. Romeu vs. Essien vs. Makelele arguments... in an "AVB kills off critics" topic. It's impossible to see how it went from point A to point Z in such short time.

E: ah yes, the OP mentions Mikel for one reason or another. that explains it. the mere mention of the name "Mikel" is a catalyst... it seems we have found our new Kalou, now that he has been benched for good.

Today's paper's are going to be covered in criticism towards AVB, which is undeserved. I blame the players and feel sorry for AVB.

Undeserved??? He made the three most retarded subs we could think of from our bench. It was just about the worst possible combination that the universe could come up with. Add to that he is indirectly responsible for our losses due to his naive high line. He has been a tactical numpty of the highest quality. Just how thick do you have to be to not get that Terry and Ivanovic + high line = failure. The only positives so far were his transfers, Romeu and Mata and the emergence of Sturridge in the first team. And benching lampard.

I don't buy into that whole "youth revolution" cos there are two perfectly decent players in Josh and Bertrand who are getting 0 gametime even though Cole and Meireles desperately needed a rest. This was Wigan, just why do we keep these players if we cannot trust them to play against lower tier teams.

I want him to succeed and I do believe in AVB but at the moment he's by far the worst manager in the top six bar Kenny, and has no right to "slap" anyone.

Same old, same old.

Although AVB isn't helping himself by leaving Torres on the bench.

No he aint really espically seeing as soon he's gana have to play really.But guess when he isnt scoring makes sense to play Drogba and at that point...but least should've come on at half time.