5 things to learn from Newcastle's game

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1- Our team is much more suited to counter-attacking football , making full use of the likes of sturridge , ramires and mata .

2- AVB finally dropped the high defensive line , and Terry was back to his heroics , also we kept a rare clean sheet .

3- Sturridge adds a lot to the team , and he is a great threat to have but him working on his finishing and passing game is a MUST.

4- Oriol Romue has established himself as a starter in the team , and he fully deserves it .

5- Drogba or Torres was always gonna be a hard choice for any manager , specially with both trying to make a point of how shitty they both are ... However i think if we are to play counter-attacking football may be Torres would benefit from more space and channels to run to as he has thrice the pace and movement of drogba .

I have no doubt that AVB will keep the same tactics for the next couple of games but the BIG question is , will AVB change his philosophy to counter-attacking one OR this is just something temporary till we get out of our bad "moment" and to save our season .

agreed to points except for 1 and 5. the counter attacking style wont always work. for eg- against valencia WE WILL have to take the attack to them rather than hoping to counter off them which wont be easy. so against valencia i feel drogba should play simply because HE CAN SCORE even while playin poorly. plus torres looks a good sub where he can counter and get far more spaces because the mids of the other team is tired. so i feel unitl torres starts putting the ball in the back of the net he should be played as a sub (he could have scored atleast once today).

agreed to points except for 1 and 5. the counter attacking style wont always work. for eg- against valencia WE WILL have to take the attack to them rather than hoping to counter off them which wont be easy. so against valencia i feel drogba should play simply because HE CAN SCORE even while playin poorly. plus torres looks a good sub where he can counter and get far more spaces because the mids of the other team is tired. so i feel unitl torres starts putting the ball in the back of the net he should be played as a sub (he could have scored atleast once today).

I will be expecting us to play more direct football and take less risks against valencia hence the counter-attacking philosophy , and BTW valencia will try to attack and won't just park the bus so we can easily pull them forward and punish them with the counter-attack , specially if we score an early goal .. that can be our best option .

- Drogba was solid, but I think Torres was better in the few moments he was in the pitch.

Torres only performs well when he comes on from the bench anyway, it's obvious. Whenever he starts he's terrible but when he comes on from the bench he is extremely dangerous. It's strange because he looks completely different, as if he has a split personality or something.

Or maybe he knows how to use his quick feet and his speed while the defenders are tired, I don't know...

Can we keep him as a cover?

Hell no. Mikel is just doesn't suit our style of play at all. He is sloppy, can't tackle, has no pace, takes half an hour to pick a pass (the easiest and simplest of passes), he can only play ground passes and he slows the tempo.