Chelsea 3-0 Wolves

BlueLion.

lol every team so far has Torres in it despite his soul sapping form. Drogba was superb against Leverkusen and played well against Liverpool, even though he can't be the man we pin our long-term hopes on (because of his age) we need to secure wins to get a Champions League spot, that is crucial, and our best chance of doing that is with Drogba.

Maybe because Drogba was not superb?

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will answer a big question for me. If Terry Lampard and Drogba play then it will prove that player power is back running the show at Stamford Bridge..

Those 3 were not in the team together earlier on in the season when we were playing well...

Nice Formation , i would definatly go with Raul over Mikel. as for the formation we will see the usual 4-4-3 no doubt.

Thanks Mate, yeah I'm not sure, Mikel has a slump of form, what he usually has around this time (if you remember the winters for him under Ancelotti?). But I think he can do it and gain confidence, I still think he is a classy midfiler...

we need to cover up well at the back and do so in style with an five man midfield and an double anchor... thats what I really think, and josh, mata and lamps flourishing in the mifield, call it an ultra crative one, or at least the most creative we can have right now..

Ash has to be rested in the first place, showhn he isn't the only LB here in the second place and see that he is not an guaranteed starter in the third place...

And Bertrand is a top noch player...

Lamps could get further up the pitch and bang his goals from midfield like he ever does or switches with mata to give him full freedom... we HAV NO WINGERS so we should stop to play WITH WINGERS... think about you haveing no Beef and trying to grill an Rumpsteak? silly...

Thanks Mate, yeah I'm not sure, Mikel has a slump of form, what he usually has around this time (if you remember the winters for him under Ancelotti?). But I think he can do it and gain confidence, I still think he is a classy midfiler...

we need to cover up well at the back and do so in style with an five man midfield and an double anchor... thats what I really think, and josh, mata and lamps flourishing in the mifield, call it an ultra crative one, or at least the most creative we can have right now..

Ash has to be rested in the first place, showhn he isn't the only LB here in the second place and see that he is not an guaranteed starter in the third place...

And Bertrand is a top noch player...

Lamps could get further up the pitch and bang his goals from midfield like he ever does or switches with mata to give him full freedom... we HAV NO WINGERS so we should stop to play WITH WINGERS... think about you haveing no Beef and trying to grill an Rumpsteak? silly...

Isnt Ash Still Injured ?

I completely agree about the winger statement , why play with them if we dont really have any ?

I know 4-3-3 is now a formation widely favoured and used across the world but does that mean we have to use it ? no

I know AVB also wants to use 4-3-3 because it was sucessful at porto and im all for using the formation that made him a sucsses but use it when we have the players to play that way.

Maybe because Drogba was not superb?

It was a far better performance than any that Torres has entered in a Chelsea jersey.

btw I haven't turned against Torres, I hope he comes good but right now the correct choice is the man in form and that is Drogba. Without him as the focal point, I can only imagine how much worse our recent performances would have been.

Isnt Ash Still Injured ?

I completely agree about the winger statement , why play with them if we dont really have any ?

I know 4-3-3 is now a formation widely favoured and used across the world but does that mean we have to use it ? no

I know AVB also wants to use 4-3-3 because it was sucessful at porto and im all for using the formation that made him a sucsses but use it when we have the players to play that way.

thats right but the past has told us, that you can't just stick with an formation if it doesn't go you're way, you have to take a Game by Game approach for your shape and formation, you have to line up differently against arsenal, as if you would play against Villa, thats a Fact for me, and I was thinking of AVB as a Person who is able to these kind of things, regardless from whom he is leaving out of the team or not...

It was a far better performance than any that Torres has entered in a Chelsea jersey.

btw I haven't turned against Torres, I hope he comes good but right now the correct choice is the man in form and that is Drogba. Without him as the focal point, I can only imagine how much worse our recent performances would have been.

Mate, you must have been watching a different game to me because his 1st half performance was terrrible. He lost the ball nearly EVERY time it went up to him both from a physical perspective and technically. He did improve 2nd half and linked up well with Sturridge and scored a great goal. Also had a blatant penalty turned down but at the end we saw what a pussy he is again by being off the pitch with minimal contact.

Age has caught up with Drogba, is a Chelsea legend, but should not b in the team anymore. Torres just needs a run of regular games and he will come good.

Also I would argue that Torres performance v Man U was better than Drogba's in midweek

How do you compare a Drogba performance to a Torres one. Drogba is a target man who plays with his back to the goal. His main job is to use his physical strength to receive long balls, which he did very well, I thought, against Leverkusen. Torres is almost the complete opposite. He uses his pace to make runs behind the defense. In terms of form, I have to say DD is on a better form especially that he scored in mid week, welst Torres, in the last couple of matches, seemed indifferent. He was just not getting in the box enough to score.