• Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Mata
    • Sturridge
    • Drogba
    • Sub - Alex
    • Sub - Mikel
    • Sub - Malouda

Tough call between Cech, Bosingwa and Sturridge but I felt Sturridge was excellent. A quote from my match report:

This defeat is a bitter one to swallow, and not purely for its repercussions. Chelsea played well - in Daniel Sturridge they had the best player on the pitch; a livewire and constant attacking threat. His through-ball for Drogba's opener was perfectly-weighted and executed with aplomb, and but for a more composed finish after a sublime surge down the right wing, the young Englishman - at the heart of all that was good about a promising Blues performance - would have had a goal to cap a memorable night where he announced himself on the European stage.

But instead of focussing on the young man's brilliance, Sturridge's contribution will be forgotten underneath endless newspaper headlines stating the obvious; that Andre Villas-Boas is under pressure.

You can read the full match report here -

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drogba was a big part of why we were so dire in the 1st half. He just gave the ball away every single time he got it, which led to them attacking again.

Of course, blame should also rest on our midfielders who were poor too and gave the ball away as well.

This.

Can't understand how any other player is worthy of a vote? Why has Cech got a mention? Should of saved there winner!

I knew he wouldn't tbh. When's the last time he went left the ground to make such a stretch? I'm afraid that's the biggest asset he lost after that injury.

Drogba by a country mile. As good as we have seen him in bloody ages. His hold up play was excellent, his headed flick ons should have being capitalised on by his teammates to greater effect, his link up was good, he led the line as only he can and scored a cracking goal. Easily still our best all round striker and should retain the central striking position until we bring in a new player in January or the Summer.

btw Im not sure how Cech warrants a mention. He was slow off his line for the first and definitely should have done better with the second.

Yeah why is Cech even getting nominated, he should've saved the game winner. Cech has been excellent all season but yesterdays game was not one of them.

On topic: Sturridge, one of his best games out wide.

Before Sturridge can lead the line and be our starting Striker we need someone to replace him on the wings.

Yeah why is Cech even getting nominated, he should've saved the game winner. Cech has been excellent all season but yesterdays game was not one of them.

On topic: Sturridge, one of his best games out wide.

Before Sturridge can lead the line and be our starting Striker we need someone to replace him on the wings.

Exactly.

If Sturridge moves to the middle now, then Mata will switch to the right, and AVB's best friend Malouda will start on the left :whistling:

I knew he wouldn't tbh. When's the last time he went left the ground to make such a stretch? I'm afraid that's the biggest asset he lost after that injury.

You have to defend far better than that from a corner & I was surprised to see Alex get beat in the air but you have to be disappointed when a keeper doesn't save those - I said it was a mistake to loan Courtois out but my worry was our backup if he got injured not his form!!!

Not really noticed that before, good spot, will be more observant in that respect from now on.