Where has the Passion and Pride of the Royal Blue Shirt Gone?!

Chopper Harris, The Cat, Charlie Cooke, Bobby Tambling, Kerry Dixon, Peter Osgood....the list of legend who wore that royal blue with pride goes on!

I was born in 1994, so only through my following of the club like a religion lets me know back to all the performances of passion and pride those players put in!

if i go back to the games i remember more/went too, up until around the Roman Era, i appreciated every player so much more than i do now, because they cared about the club so much more!

Ed De Goey, Cudicini, Petrescu, Babayaro, Le Saux, Desailly, Lebouf, Wisey, Morris, Poyet, Di Matteo, Vialli, Zola, Ruud Gullit, Mark Hughes, Steve Clarke,Flo, Eidur, JFH......and many more...... when you look back at these players you think true serveants, legends, heroes of a proper football club, that would never allow themselves to become a laughing stock!

Obviously we look at the likes of JT and Lamps who have brought that passion in recent times, but when i look at the players wearing that shirt now, and after recent games such as Arsenal at home, Liverpool at Home and last night in Leverkusen, i see players who do not respect our history, respect what we stand for and respect the lion and the blue on their back!

It's disgraceful! Many of us would give anything to put that shirt on infront of the shed just once in our life!

I'm aware that passion and true grit and pride has disappeared in most areas of football now, but when I look back when i am older to my future kids, i will speak more proudly of the 1997-2000 FA Cup finals, the famous wins we got against the Mancs back in the Proper days, and the players who played like they meant it! I can never say i'm not grateful for the glory we have had in this era, but when you see such lack of pride it makes you so angry as a lifelong fan!

I would rather we stepped out against Wolves this weekend with Youth and passionate players, rather than 'big named' prima donna's who couldn't care less about how important the club is to the real fans!

Step it up, Wear that shirt with pride, and show the scum of gooners, mancs, yids and scousers that the boys of the bridge still stand tall! We are The Famous CFC.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think sometimes fans fail to play their part.

The atmosphere at Stamford Bridge is kaput. I miss the days when you heard a roar around the stadium for our team, not being out-sung to the sound of "you'll never walk alone". It's like we're the away team, at home.

Not that I'm blaming the fans for the poor performance. But it is a factor, imo.

It's isn't just at our club, though. Every club in the premier league is probably having the same problem. We're just noticing it now moreso because of the "bad moment" that we're in. Plus majority of our players have been here since the Mourinho era and have already won their fair share of trophies.

Money = lesser and lesser passion in the game. No way around it.

It's isn't just at our club, though. Every club in the premier league is probably having the same problem. We're just noticing it now moreso because of the "bad moment" that we're in. Plus majority of our players have been here since the Mourinho era and have already won their fair share of trophies.

Money = lesser and lesser passion in the game. No way around it.

Our success proves two things - perhaps money isn't everything, as even with balanced books you can still go far. And this Napoli side has a strong fibre and can give us great moments.

- Napoli owner, Antonio De Laurentiis

The atmosphere at Stamford Bridge is kaput. I miss the days when you heard a roar around the stadium for our team, not being out-sung to the sound of "you'll never walk alone". It's like we're the away team, at home.

Not that I'm blaming the fans for the poor performance. But it is a factor, imo.

With you there mate when im able to goto games i sit in the matthew harding lower cos i know there will be some singing going on, ill say what i keep saying we need to get rid of the prawn sandwich eaters they have killed the bridge, ive sat in other stand before and yer a few people sing but most of the fans are suits just there to say ive been to the bridge bla bla bla remember once i heard a guy say im not evan chelsea just wanted to see if it was true that the atmosphere was gone lol

we need to get our voice back at the bridge.

Away surport is top class!!!

With you there mate when im able to goto games i sit in the matthew harding lower cos i know there will be some singing going on, ill say what i keep saying we need to get rid of the prawn sandwich eaters they have killed the bridge, ive sat in other stand before and yer a few people sing but most of the fans are suits just there to say ive been to the bridge bla bla bla remember once i heard a guy say im not evan chelsea just wanted to see if it was true that the atmosphere was gone lol

we need to get our voice back at the bridge.

Away surport is top class!!!

Haha, same! MHS forever :)

Like even United & Liverpool have their - not actual fans - fans. But they still keep their voice strong and mighty, you hear it all game. At the Bridge, you hear it for 5minutes/90! Lol

Like even United & Liverpool have their - not actual fans - fans. But they still keep their voice strong and mighty, you hear it all game. At the Bridge, you hear it for 5minutes/90! Lol

Yeah or it starts and then stops halfway through..always found atmosphere better when we're loosing lol...

Yeah or it starts and then stops halfway through..always found atmosphere better when we're loosing lol...

we only sing when were loosing blue%20scalf.gif lol

yer you get the sing along at the start abit of carefree then nothing for about 30 mins then the zigga zagga guy pops up lol

Dont agree, we were not out-sung by Liverpool fans, every time they sung we answered loud, and after 1-1 we owned our brigde until 1-2. were you there?.

Dont agree, we were not out-sung by Liverpool fans, every time they sung we answered loud, and after 1-1 we owned our brigde until 1-2. were you there?.

Nope, one of my mates was though. He said every time they tried to get people singing, everyone around just did fuck all. Even through our TV screens you could literally only hear "You'll Never Walk Alone"

Awww Ron Harris doing a chairty auction in my town..off topic was kinda oo

When they had the whole 'Back to the Shed' do going that seemed to work.Rather then have one guy starting you had several others so if it stopped it would start again and that seemed to get the crowd going throughout the game and not just for the first 10 mins

RZA is that you LDN ?

Youre right some games are pretty quiet but the Liverpool games are always vocal, and the TV microphones are selective in what they pick up .eg at one point ''Speak Fucking English'' was being sung by 3 sides of the ground at the dippers, but this wasnt picked up.

Most of the ground was noisy till the 87th minute....

Chopper Harris, The Cat, Charlie Cooke, Bobby Tambling, Kerry Dixon, Peter Osgood....the list of legend who wore that royal blue with pride goes on!

I was born in 1994, so only through my following of the club like a religion lets me know back to all the performances of passion and pride those players put in!

if i go back to the games i remember more/went too, up until around the Roman Era, i appreciated every player so much more than i do now, because they cared about the club so much more!

Ed De Goey, Cudicini, Petrescu, Babayaro, Le Saux, Desailly, Lebouf, Wisey, Morris, Poyet, Di Matteo, Vialli, Zola, Ruud Gullit, Mark Hughes, Steve Clarke,Flo, Eidur, JFH......and many more...... when you look back at these players you think true serveants, legends, heroes of a proper football club, that would never allow themselves to become a laughing stock!

Obviously we look at the likes of JT and Lamps who have brought that passion in recent times, but when i look at the players wearing that shirt now, and after recent games such as Arsenal at home, Liverpool at Home and last night in Leverkusen, i see players who do not respect our history, respect what we stand for and respect the lion and the blue on their back!

It's disgraceful! Many of us would give anything to put that shirt on infront of the shed just once in our life!

I'm aware that passion and true grit and pride has disappeared in most areas of football now, but when I look back when i am older to my future kids, i will speak more proudly of the 1997-2000 FA Cup finals, the famous wins we got against the Mancs back in the Proper days, and the players who played like they meant it! I can never say i'm not grateful for the glory we have had in this era, but when you see such lack of pride it makes you so angry as a lifelong fan!

I would rather we stepped out against Wolves this weekend with Youth and passionate players, rather than 'big named' prima donna's who couldn't care less about how important the club is to the real fans!

Step it up, Wear that shirt with pride, and show the scum of gooners, mancs, yids and scousers that the boys of the bridge still stand tall! We are The Famous CFC.

I agree with a lot of this.

Football i am afraid is not what it used to be , when i was growing up you would see rough tackles players fighting for the ball non of this i don't want to get hurt or staying down on the floor for 10 minutes after a slap on the ear.

RZA is that you LDN ?

Youre right some games are pretty quiet but the Liverpool games are always vocal, and the TV microphones are selective in what they pick up .eg at one point ''Speak Fucking English'' was being sung by 3 sides of the ground at the dippers, but this wasnt picked up.

Most of the ground was noisy till the 87th minute....

Yep, it's me :)

Yeah! I heard the Ashley & JT chants they made as well.. Arseholes, the lot of those (fans). Incredible they (LFC, FA ect) actually allow that stuff.. Racism = bad. Personal, degrading insults = banter. Where's the line?

Yep, it's me :) Yeah! I heard the Ashley & JT chants they made as well.. Arseholes, the lot of those (fans). Incredible they (LFC, FA ect) actually allow that stuff.. Racism = bad. Personal, degrading insults = banter. Where's the line?

Ok showing my ignorance what is RZA ?

True Ashley has been the butt of racist and abusive chants since he signed.

I think the ''speak English'' is a long standing joke about the scouse accent -eg you need a translator for Gerrard et al

Ok showing my ignorance what is RZA ?

True Ashley has been the butt of racist and abusive chants since he signed.

I think the ''speak English'' is a long standing joke about the scouse accent -eg you need a translator for Gerrard et al

He's a hip-hop producer :)

Yeaaah, I know about that one :lol: - Didn't hear it at all though :S