Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Pay 25M and bring him to chelsea? I dont buy it. Things wont be so easy. The most tricky task will be persuading him to join us instead of bayern or real madrid. that will be bloody difficult. if he finally had come, it would be enormous work done beneath the media, and we should be grateful for the luck.

For those of you who don't watch enough Bundesliga games, the two legs basically summons up Lewandowski quite nicely. In the first leg he was quite amazing, although i could make a case Pepe had a lot to do with Lewa great performance but i wont go there. Second leg showed why many people who follow him on a regular basis are not that convinced, he bottled so many chances and could've ended Madrid hopes much earlier.

If you change the nouns, the exact same thing is applicable to Cavsni and Falcao. When it comes down to it, pick your poison.

I kinda agree.

The one thing that probably sets Lewandowski apart (except for his age and comparative 'cheapness') is that he already plays in a similar system to the one we're employing. Stats don't tell the whole story, but if you look at where the goals come from in the team, then Atletico really do build everything around Falcao.

Falcao has scored 26 goals in La Liga, but the next highest scorer only has 7 (Costa) whilst Garcia and Turan only have 5 and 4 respectively.

Lewandowski has 23 goals, but Reus, Blaszczykowksi and Reus have 12, 11 and 10 goals respectively.

To me the Dortmund side more closely resembles what we're trying to do with Mata, Hazard and Oscar (or Moses, De Bruyne and possibly Schurrle) expected to chip in with goals too. We've never really been a team who get all our goals from a striker, even when we had Drogba in the team and I don't expect us to start doing that next season.

100% agree with that. You've taken the words from my mouth.

We have mids that can score a lot of goals per season. Chelsea has always done this, everyone is expected to chip in goals, unlike Atleti where everything goes through Falcao or in the past Forlan and Aguero. I'm not saying that Falcao won't succeed, just saying that the circumstances are different.

I like Falcao, he isn't my preference but I wouldn't say no.

It's like that girl you don't really get along with, but you know she is available and a great root. You wouldn't say no but you are holding out for something more suited to your tastes.

I agree with TOPTB but hasn't most of our switched in fans been saying this about Lewandowski for a while now. It's been obvious for a season or few that Dortmund is like a finished us! Though if we get it right I do believe we can be better than what they were this year!

I agree with TOPTB but hasn't most of our switched in fans been saying this about Lewandowski for a while now. It's been obvious for a season or few that Dortmund is like a finished us! Though if we get it right I do believe we can be better than what they were this year!

BVB are a finished us with waaay less money. Not only in terms of assets and spending potential but also in terms of turnover. Because of money we have been and will be in the very top of world football for decades whilst their guest appearance there will be limited to 4 years at best.

back to Lewandowski. He really fits us, he fits the EPL and we really should go for him. Selling him to us would make sense for him because they would not strengthen their biggest rival. Also they want Kevin de Bruyne. So we have a double advantage over Bayern and really would have only ourselves to blame if this goes wrong. I'd say give him de Bruyne on loan, pay full price for Lewa and give de Bruyne a buy-option of around 25m. This will suffice to persuade them to sell Lewa to us+we either get Lewa on the cheap or get KDB back. Win-win-win situation.

BVB are a finished us with waaay less money. Not only in terms of assets and spending potential but also in terms of turnover. Because of money we have been and will be in the very top of world football for decades whilst their guest appearance there will be limited to 4 years at best.

back to Lewandowski. He really fits us, he fits the EPL and we really should go for him. Selling him to us would make sense for him because they would not strengthen their biggest rival. Also they want Kevin de Bruyne. So we have a double advantage over Bayern and really would have only ourselves to blame if this goes wrong. I'd say give him de Bruyne on loan, pay full price for Lewa and give de Bruyne a buy-option of around 25m. This will suffice to persuade them to sell Lewa to us+we either get Lewa on the cheap or get KDB back. Win-win-win situation.

As much as you make this deal sound realistic and advantageous to our cause, I'd rather buy Cavani. Only because Cavani for me is the best striker in the world. Lewandowski would fit our system and is the ideal candidate but Cavani is just special.

You can't win the champions league when you have Khedira in your midfield and your opponents have Javi Martinez-Schweinsteiger, Busquets-Iniesta or Pirlo-Vidal. He was the weakest link in Real.

Lewandowski will never become the PL top goal scorer when Manchester teams have Falcao, Van Persie kind of strikers and to compete with those teams our striker has to be as good as theirs,

We had Malouda and Kalou when played agaisnt Bayern. Problem?

They dominated the game and we were lucky to have a striker like Drogba. You need Drogba kind of strikers in such games not Mario Gomez or Lewandowski.

I'd bring back Lukaku and spend what was going towards Lewandowski towards strengthening the defense but that's just me

Interesting to see why you think our defence needs strengthening, and not our midfield... Elaborate please?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You