Options in our attack ?

Badboy

Terry is still the best defender in the world imo. His personal performance may not be perfect all the time but he's an excellent leader and he organizes our entire defence. Last season our defensive line was terrible under Ancelotti and especialy in the time Terry was injured. But then Terry came back and he immediately organized the defense. Our performance was and is still a lot better with Terry in the team.

He maybe made mistakes last couple seasons, but everybody does and we simply don't have a better defender in our squad.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry won't be sold no matter what. He is too powerful and has a very good relationship with Roman.

Yes he is a liability but he still is a good leader. A team without a leader is a team like headless chickens look at Arsenal and Man City.

Terry is the one that keeps the group together and is the reason why he along with drogba and Lamps is called the teams nucleus.

Regarding our attack, anelka is sure to leave next season and I hope we bring in Hazard to replace him.

Kalou will be sold

KDB if bought will go out on loan to genk or Atl Madrid.

Drogba and Malouda are going to stay no doubt.

Our attack for next year:

Torres, Drogba, Lukaku, Sturridge,

Mata, Malouda, Hazard,

Terry is still the best defender in the world imo. His personal performance may not be perfect all the time but he's an excellent leader and he organizes our entire defence. Last season our defensive line was terrible under Ancelotti and especialy in the time Terry was injured. But then Terry came back and he immediately organized the defense. Our performance was and is still a lot better with Terry in the team.

He maybe made mistakes last couple seasons, but everybody does and we simply don't have a better defender in our squad.

Please tell me that is a :Goober: moment............. please.

Terry won't be sold no matter what. He is too powerful and has a very good relationship with Roman.

Yes he is a liability but he still is a good leader. A team without a leader is a team like headless chickens look at Arsenal and Man City.

Terry is the one that keeps the group together and is the reason why he along with drogba and Lamps is called the teams nucleus.

Regarding our attack, anelka is sure to leave next season and I hope we bring in Hazard to replace him.

Kalou will be sold

KDB if bought will go out on loan to genk or Atl Madrid.

That is my point that Nucl

Drogba and Malouda are going to stay no doubt.

Our attack for next year:

Torres, Drogba, Lukaku, Sturridge,

Mata, Malouda, Hazard,

That Nucleus needs to come to an end. We have had it long enough and it is going stale . We need fresh blood, also you made a point about John Terry's relationship with Roman that is another one of my points Roman needs to get out of the business of the first team. If Roman wants to be the manager then he can appoint himself instead of trying to play football manager with this club.

Terry shouldn't be sold but he'll be rotated just like Lampard. Let's not get into a Jamie Carragher situation here guys. Learn from Liverpool's current situation.

Terry's not the best defender in world, come on. If Pique said he wanted to be the starting CB for Chelsea, I would pair him up with Luiz, no questions asked.

That Nucleus needs to come to an end. We have had it long enough and it is going stale . We need fresh blood, also you made a point about John Terry's relationship with Roman that is another one of my points Roman needs to get out of the business of the first team. If Roman wants to be the manager then he can appoint himself instead of trying to play football manager with this club.

You cant just replace the Nucleus of a Squad. Arsenal is an example. From being invincibles they are a bunch of headless chickens running around the field.

It has to be changed but only gradually. Who becomes the nucleus of the squad? A Player who is heart and soul of the first team and the club and more over a fan's favourite.

Terry, Lampard, Cech, Drogba.

The future candidates could be, Cech, Josh, Luiz, Mata and Sturridge. But it will still take a couple of years or more to form that. Untill then, JT has to remain at the club and learn to sit on the bench.

If we are going to play 4 3 3 we need wingers.

We have 1 first choice winger, like most top clubs. united has Nani, RM has Di Maria, Farca has Pedro, Citeh has Johnson. We lack a dangerous player for the final third from our right side though, thats the issue. Its not a matter of wingers its a matter of not having 2 Lampard OR Mata type players, because Lamps and Mata are both best on the left, and Malouda is our best side mid when it comes to goal threat. So when you look at the right side who do we have? Ramires who is not that good in the final third and Meireles who is good but not good enough, followed by Bos who is ineffectual in the final third.

Right winger definitely

Anyone else notice that Mata was ineffective down the right against Valencia? It was only after he and Malouda switched flanks in the second half that things clicked into place for us...

So the option of using Mata as a right winger is probably out of the question, which leaves us with.....nobody.

The real question is: Does AVB want a right winger? I remember in one of his earlier interviews, he said that he preferred having a 4-3-3 with one natural wide player and one second striker who drifted around....sounds familiar doesn't it?

Like I said thats the typical way of the 4-3-3 today. 1 side has a natural and one an inverted. Mata is not that suited to playing an inverted role because he lacks the athleticism (IMO). That role works for people like Hulk and Sturridge because they have the physical tools to make space for cutbacks and to get behind the line on long balls. I think if we got Modric instead of settling for Meireles we'd be a lot better off.

What I'd really like to see in terms of the squad moving forward is Alex to go and replace him with either a young CB or LB who can give Ash some rest, also a young RB like VDW and a centre/right mid to play opposite of Frank... a real top shelf technical mid to play with Frank and Ramires/Ess/Mikel in the 3 man mid. A good squad would have Malouda as cover for the left mid/left wing, Sturridge for cover for central striker or as inverted winger and all the other players staying.

I think a lot of people on here are not realizing the size and quality of squad that is needed to challenge for 4 trophies

You cant just replace the Nucleus of a Squad. Arsenal is an example. From being invincibles they are a bunch of headless chickens running around the field.

It has to be changed but only gradually. Who becomes the nucleus of the squad? A Player who is heart and soul of the first team and the club and more over a fan's favourite.

Terry, Lampard, Cech, Drogba.

The future candidates could be, Cech, Josh, Luiz, Mata and Sturridge. But it will still take a couple of years or more to form that. Untill then, JT has to remain at the club and learn to sit on the bench.

I think its fine if you buy the right players and you put the right system in. Man utd only have Rooney and Evra in that current team who won the European cup in 2008 so they have not even had their nucleus this season.

Please tell me that is a :Goober: moment............. please.

Welll, maybe a bit ;)

But Terry is still a great defender and you won't find defenders more suitable for Chelsea. He is in top 5 defenders.

Terry shouldn't be sold but he'll be rotated just like Lampard. Let's not get into a Jamie Carragher situation here guys. Learn from Liverpool's current situation.

Terry's not the best defender in world, come on. If Pique said he wanted to be the starting CB for Chelsea, I would pair him up with Luiz, no questions asked.

You want a defense without a leader. Without organization? Pique is very overrated and defensively clumsier than Luiz.

You can't just remove the heart of the team in one go, it must be a gradual replacement. Arsenal still haven't replaced the Seaman-Campbell-Cole-Vieira-Pires-Henry backbone because they sold them all off moreorless in one go!

You can't just remove the heart of the team in one go, it must be a gradual replacement. Arsenal still haven't replaced the Seaman-Campbell-Cole-Vieira-Pires-Henry backbone because they sold them all off moreorless in one go!

Yeah i know what you mean. The thing is look at Man utd how they have ingrained Jones, Smalling, Cleverly, Welbeck, into their side this season. By the time we replace our mainstays those united players will be experienced premier league winners. We are already so far behind in terms of innovation.

Yeah i know what you mean. The thing is look at Man utd how they have ingrained Jones, Smalling, Cleverly, Welbeck, into their side this season. By the time we replace our mainstays those united players will be experienced premier league winners. We are already so far behind in terms of innovation.

I'm not as sure as you that Manure will win the title

rofl, u on drugs bro?

umadbrop.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After the Bolton game its pretty evident that Danny is quite confident in the RW role , though other than Anelka playing there we really dont have a natural RW we have two strikers playing out of position. if we are going to play 4-3-3 for the foreseeable future we need to go into the market for a Natural RW , though i would like to see danny flourish there as he wont get a chance in the CF role.

The left hand side is covered this season with Mata and Flomo and maybe Katuka in jan if he has a good loan spell.

You want a defense without a leader. Without organization? Pique is very overrated and defensively clumsier than Luiz.

No, overrating is when you claim John Terry is still the best defender in the world.

So Terry's the only leader at Chelsea? The only one who can organize? What will happen to Chelsea when he turns 60 and retires?

While I agree Terry is on a decline, I think it's quite harsh to call him a liability.

He's lost pace over the last 2 years, but his ability to read the game is still very good. He's been clumsy this season, but remained professional on the pitch (bar the - frequent - moan at the referee). We should be looking to groom a young centre-back to step up when he eventually does start becoming a part-take player. I don't know if that's going to be Bruma or someone who we may look to buy (e.g. Gary Cahill).

There were some of us hoping that'd be Rajkovic this season, but unfortunately it wasn't a viable option. I'm sure AVB has a plan though!