Options in our attack ?

Badboy

Then we as a club have to realize that we are not going to be serious contenders in the long run. If Roman is unwilling to get rid of certain liabilities like Bosingwa and Alex and a host of others and replace them with young hungry players then we are fucked in the long run. We have to do it all in one transfer window so the new players can get a whole Pre-season in and be up and running for the new season.

Zolayes was talking about a mass exodus of players from the club. Seven players at one go with no surety of good replacements could in fact cost the club. This could mean an exit from the top 4, and that that could lead to even worse repercussions...

I agree to the fact that the players you mentioned do need to be replaced. But only... eventually. There's no evidence that we have ready-made replacements for each position.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good topic, Badboy.

That's a big IF. It's how you win trophies - having your best players playing in a superb form. How can you (a Chelsea supporter) not want your team to win the league ? :wank2:

He (Badboy) has a point. I also do not want us to win the league this season. Why ? Because it will blind us and the board as well, it will be Ancelotti's first season all over again. If we win, we will think that players like Anelka, Kalou, Bosingwa and Malouda are okay, and can stay here. Well, obviously some of them will leave regardless of our place in the table, but some of them will also benefit of our win and will take this as an advantage to stay around. Futhermore, currently our squad isn't strong enough and some areas lack cruelly of players (creative midfielder comes to mind)... And, if we win, we won't see this situation as if we do not win. I mean, in the case we are champions, we will be like "oh, we lack of playmaker, but we won the league without one, so no need to hurry and get one....", for exemple...

And you need to see the big picture, to think through a long term vision. I'd rather lose today and win all days of the next week than win today and lose all other next days.

Zolayes was talking about a mass exodus of players from the club. Seven players at one go with no surety of good replacements could in fact cost the club. This could mean an exit from the top 4, and that that could lead to even worse repercussions...

I agree to the fact that the players you mentioned do need to be replaced. But only... eventually. There's no evidence that we have ready-made replacements for each position.

The problem is that we wouldn't had need to make a massive exodus if we would have handled the situation properly before, ie get ride of the woodwork progressively. Even this summer wasn't enough. We can't afford anymore to have 30+ years-old player on big wage, and players not at the level. Now we have a lot of those players in the squad, so we'll have to make radical change.

Out of those players : Anelka, Kalou, Malouda, Bosingwa, Alex, Ferreira, (Essien) ; four should be sold, to my eyes.

Very good topic, Badboy.

He (Badboy) has a point. I also do not want us to win the league this season. Why ? Because it will blind us and the board as well, it will be Ancelotti's first season all over again. If we win, we will think that players like Anelka, Kalou, Bosingwa and Malouda are okay, and can stay here. Well, obviously some of them will leave regardless of our place in the table, but some of them will also benefit of our win and will take this as an advantage to stay around. Futhermore, currently our squad isn't strong enough and some areas lack cruelly of players (creative midfielder comes to mind)... And, if we win, we won't see this situation as if we do not win. I mean, in the case we are champions, we will be like "oh, we lack of playmaker, but we won the league without one, so no need to hurry and get one....", for exemple...

And you need to see the big picture, to think through a long term vision. I'd rather lose today and win all days of the next week than win today and lose all other next days.

That is exactly my point. The whole reason why we did not buy a play-maker after we won the league was because of the fact that we won the league. The league that we won was far from convincing we won it by an offside goal and by one point as a result. We had 3 attacking players in Drogba Lampard and Malouda who basically saved us from losing points so many times. A lot of fans just looked at the trophy and just thought everything was rosy when it was not, winning trophies is not always a good thing, especially if you change managers like we do.

I totally agree with selling a few players: Anelka, Kalou, Alex, Ferreira, these would be first on my list.

I think that the defense is oke, JT can play for another year or 2, and then hopefully Bruma has developed into the next superstar! We also have Luiz next to him, Ivanovic for rb and Bertrand or v Aanholt on the left.

I wish we coul've bought modric or nasri last summer, both amazing players. I think better than Mereiles. Mceachran will be given more and more playing time so he'll be ready for full action in a season or 2? Then all we need is a right winger.... Hopefully we will get someone like Hulk, an amazing player, definentely better then Sturridge.

Our youth should me given a chance to i think, so we shouldn't spend to much....

to think 7 players could be brought in next summer and gel next pre season is deluded, Next summer we will have Euro Champs ..

so players will be late arriving back ...IMO 3 transfers windows would be a more likely scenario to replace up to 8 players.

to think 7 players could be brought in next summer and gel next pre season is deluded, Next summer we will have Euro Champs ..

so players will be late arriving back ...IMO 3 transfers windows would be a more likely scenario to replace up to 8 players.

We could do it in my opinion, we could get money for a few players like Alex Anelka and Bosingwa. I think we will get some money for some of the players, i think Kalou will get a few million too. Zolayes not all of the new players will be starters, this thread is about a squad. We will still have a core of players Like you're Mata's Torres's Ramires's then you add a few to that in the first team and add a lot more onto the bench for a rotation system.

I am saying we need a left winger and a right winger plus a second striker. We need options, this is what is wrong with Chelsea fans.... What you must understand is football is a squad game, all we seem to think about is the starting 11. As i have already said we have too many number 9's at the club we need a second striker who can offer us a formation change when we need or an extra option from the bench.

Okay i agree with that, we do need backup, injuries hit us hard last season with our small squad and i think they could hit us again, especially if someone like Mata got injured. We could certainly do with a winger to give us options, United have tonnes of options, they've got many injuries now but still look a good team. A winger who can play on both wings would be good, someone like Pedro who can play both wings, can't see us getting him however. Second striker?, i really don't know who, and could he play in our formation?, it would be very difficult for him to get a game i think, and would they be willing to sit on the bench most games?.

Man Utd and Man city will probably out score us this season because of the options they have. We have gone through a transitional period for too long and we have not been brave enough to get rid of old liabilities. John Terry has been a liability for too long and if he was not English people would want him out. We could get much better then Anelka in the market today, a younger striker with something to prove. Lampard does not have the effect on games he used to have and we need a midfielder who can keep us ticking because we have lacked cohesion in midfield since Ranieri we have just hided it fantastically well. Drogba is like Lampard he is coming to the end too which is sad and i think we would be better off if we offered him to Lille for Hazard. I simply don't think we did enough in the summer which is sad.

Well yesterday's game shut you up, eh? :lol: Lampard was outstanding and Terry did not put a single foot wrong.

We could do with getting rid of some players, Ferriera i would keep him if he was willing to reduce his wages, it's good to an experienced fullback, you can't just have a backup of young players, Arsenal do that and look what always happens to them when most of there first eleven gets injured. Alex is a big problem, i highly rate him, one of my favourite players but his form this season has been terrible, great game in the stoke match, probably man of the match then, but lately i've been dissapointed in him. If he keeps it up then he has to go. Midfield we are very short of options, we will end up selling Benayoun and then we can go buy a playmaker maybe?, but who knows if AVB can work something out with our team this season i could be saying different at the end of the season. Forwards we need to be getting rid of a few, Malouda, he just isn't good enough anymore, not form, he's had time to pick it back up, he's just not good enough. Kalou, don't have to explain, Drogba, amazing player, legend, but i think this has to be his last season i'm afraid, we can't keep keeping these legends and not getting replacements and leaving our chances for youth, it's for the best, but we will miss him. Keep Anelka if he keeps it up, he deserves another year, it's proof, last season he was just lazy, and lacked motivation because Carlo sucked at it, Wilkins was a big help in the motivation and that's what screwed up the team when he left.

So yes we could do with a winger to give us more attacking options definitely, second striker i don't know if we can find one who is willing to be benched most games, the only one i can suggest in our team is Anelka, but he's not great at it, however he's experienced, can work with Torres and is willing to sit on the bench, it's probably just wages what he wants at the end of the day. But yes personally i just think we need a winger in our attacking options, a right footed one definitely who is willing to be our crosser, depending on how good Kakuta does i think i will decide what i think at the end of the season if we need a replacement for Malouda.

Well yesterday's game shut you up, eh? :lol: Lampard was outstanding and Terry did not put a single foot wrong.

Yes but its all about consistency, can he do that through the season ? Well that is still in question. John Terry is a complete liability in my honest opinion, he should be sold in the summer. I think Josh at this moment in time could have more of an effect on games then Lampard.

No it is not, its called forward thinking. Just look at what happened the last time we won the league by 1 point with a Drogba offside goal..

Macheda's double slamdunk 2 minutes later cancelled that one out.

I'll agree with badboy there, most people on here do have tinted glasses when it comes to Terry, when he underperforms he never gets as much shit as the others do if they under perform. He is a legend and what i love him most is he's been at our club his whole life, should we sell him?, we would be mad to do that, he is our leader in back 4, you just see how bad our defence would be without him. You need your leaders in the back four, the ones who sort it out, and John Terry is one of the best ones you can get. We shouldn't of sold him, but this season he's been average so far, last game solid, but average in overall this season. And we should do with him what we did with Lampard, play someone else and not give him automatic starting, hopefully it will do him good.