The Stamp on Mata

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video in the link has been removed by the Premier League apparently. I wasn't quick enough should have spotted it earlier :(

Ah see what you mean, the youtube link on the page doesn't work but the video hosted on the site should load if you wait a bit.

Nah mate, I'm sorry......but that's the sort of incident that gets pulled up every week on MOTD, SSN, Goals on Sunday, etc......Sky have made a big song and dance about Kevin Davis' "clumsy tackle" on Cleverly and we haven't even got a mention. Just because Mata was able to get up and continue playing does not make it right or acceptable.

A player shouldn't have to leave the pitch on a stretcher for something like this to be highlighted. For me it's just as bad as the infamous tackle by Roy Keane on Haaland. Mata was fortunate Bardsley didn't stamp on his spine.......he could have been finished.

Look at this video of a tackle on Pienaar and tell me he didn't intend on taking him out. You'll see the same reaction as we saw against Mata. An instant "I will now stand up and claim my innocence" look on his face. the guy is a thug and deserves the full force of the FA banning his thuggish behaviour for a very long time.

I agree mate but I have trust in the people at the club that if they think it was that bad they will go to the FA and asked for it to be looked at

As far as I can see so far we haven't even mentioned it never mind go to the FA about it

I agree mate but I have trust in the people at the club that if they think it was that bad they will go to the FA and asked for it to be looked at

As far as I can see so far we haven't even mentioned it never mind go to the FA about it

You don't need the club to approach the FA for action to be taken. As far as I'm aware if the referee hasn't booked Bardsley for the incident and if it's not in his match report then a review panel can take action against Bardsley.

I suppose the only way it's going to get a mention is if it's brought to the attention of the appropriate people. If I have to go on a one man crusade to get this thug banned I will.

Power to the people.

You don't need the club to approach the FA for action to be taken. As far as I'm aware if the referee hasn't booked Bardsley for the incident and if it's not in his match report then a review panel can take action against Bardsley.

I suppose the only way it's going to get a mention is if it's brought to the attention of the appropriate people. If I have to go on a one man crusade to get this thug banned I will.

Power to the people.

Behind you all the way Stu! :yes:

Power to the people.

Yeah go on then I'll join ya :D

Who ......Phil Bardsley the Scotland international ?

He is English born mate. I should of used British though which would of been much more appropriate. This does not stop the fact that there are a lot of Big British defenders who are dirty unskillful defenders, they want to kick players out of the league.

The FA has today charged Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley with violent conduct following an incident in his side’s home game against Chelsea.

Bardsley was involved in an incident with Chelsea’s Juan Mata during Sunderland’s 2-1 defeat at the Stadium of Light on Saturday 10 September.

Bardsley has until 6pm on Wednesday 14 September to respond to the charge.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/bardsley-charge-130911

Finally justice! :D

After watching a re-run, Marriner informed Wembley's disciplinary department that, had he seen the incident, which took place a minute before half-time, he would have dismissed the Sunderland player.

FA chiefs then acted under the fast-track procedure and issued a violent conduct charge.

Bardsley has until 6pm on Wednesday to either plead guilty and accept an automatic three-game ban or risk an additional suspension for a "frivolous appeal".

But the Scotland defender will have to serve an extra match in the stands because he was also sent off in the Wear-Tyne derby defeat by Newcastle last month, so this would be treated as a second red card of the season.

Chelsea are understood not to have complained about the incident and accepted Bardsley's immediate apologetic reaction, with the Stamford Bridge club making no approach or representations to the Premier League or the FA.

-Mirror