The Stamp on Mata

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media are just trying to protect him because he is English and they want to down play the fact that many English defenders are dirty pieces of work. A lot of defenders in this league want to kick the skillful players out of the Premierleague so they can play against players who run in straight lines, its much easier to defend against. Mata will be kicked to death this season no doubt about it ! He will cause a few red cards !

The media are just trying to protect him because he is English and they want to down play the fact that many English defenders are dirty pieces of work. A lot of defenders in this league want to kick the skillful players out of the Premierleague so they can play against players who run in straight lines, its much easier to defend against. Mata will be kicked to death this season no doubt about it ! He will cause a few red cards !

They absolutely love when they face Malouda and Kalou XD

This Gipetto fella seems to have a bee in his bonnett about a two-footed challenge from one of your players? Not that it excuses Bardsley

http://www.readytogo...=1#post10772776

I am impressed by the number of fair fans you have on your forum. Quite a lot critical of the challenge by Bardsley

Who ......Phil Bardsley the Scotland international ?

It was a bad tackle. Intentional or not it's done lets not get dragged in to it like Man United fans do and rant on about being hard done by for months

These things even themselves out over the season no doubt we'll get away with a few decisions this year. Lets just take it on the chin and be thankful that despite it the decision didn't cost us the game. 3 points and no injury's at the end of the day

It wasn't a tackle, thats the difference. However bad Davies' was on Cleverly, there is an argument to say that he was going for the ball.

Bardsley's was just an act of violence.

Haven't seen it so unless someone can pull a video from somewhere I'll take a look. From what I'm told though Bardsley wasn't even looking at Mata and without defending him to much Bardsley isn't the type of player like Cattermole who goes around stamping on people

As I say though I haven't seen it so until I do I can't say to much other than Mata is fine and Chelsea got 3 points so I don't really care

Haven't seen it so unless someone can pull a video from somewhere I'll take a look. From what I'm told though Bardsley wasn't even looking at Mata and without defending him to much Bardsley isn't the type of player like Cattermole who goes around stamping on people

As I say though I haven't seen it so until I do I can't say to much other than Mata is fine and Chelsea got 3 points so I don't really care

The stamp? It's on the first page.

http://deadspin.com/5838953/watch-a-chelsea-player-take-cleats-to-his-back-and-decide-for-yourself-whether-it-was-intentional

It was a bad tackle. Intentional or not it's done lets not get dragged in to it like Man United fans do and rant on about being hard done by for months

These things even themselves out over the season no doubt we'll get away with a few decisions this year. Lets just take it on the chin and be thankful that despite it the decision didn't cost us the game. 3 points and no injury's at the end of the day

Nah mate, I'm sorry......but that's the sort of incident that gets pulled up every week on MOTD, SSN, Goals on Sunday, etc......Sky have made a big song and dance about Kevin Davis' "clumsy tackle" on Cleverly and we haven't even got a mention. Just because Mata was able to get up and continue playing does not make it right or acceptable.

A player shouldn't have to leave the pitch on a stretcher for something like this to be highlighted. For me it's just as bad as the infamous tackle by Roy Keane on Haaland. Mata was fortunate Bardsley didn't stamp on his spine.......he could have been finished.

Look at this video of a tackle on Pienaar and tell me he didn't intend on taking him out. You'll see the same reaction as we saw against Mata. An instant "I will now stand up and claim my innocence" look on his face. the guy is a thug and deserves the full force of the FA banning his thuggish behaviour for a very long time.