Has everyone calmed down?

francozola

Okay, so deadline-day was highly disappointing. Everyone was freaking out (me as well to a certain extent) but the posts claming we are going to get trounced by Liverpool, Arsenal, etc were just lol-worthy. FFS. I hope everyone has calmed down by now.

What we have done this summer:

Thibaut Courtois - 8 million

Excellent prospect, decent price. Great job sending him out on loan to a good club where he'll get to play week-in-week-out.

Conclusion: Very good signing

Oriol Romeu - 4.5 million loan

Pissed off that Barca has included a buy-back clause in his contract but I'm sure that if he is successful and happy here, he will decide to stay. And worse comes to worse if Barca do decide to recall him, we'll still make a bit of dosh

Conclusion: Good signing

Romelu Lukaku - 18 million

Again, wonderful prospect. He's already shown glimpses of what he can do (and what Drogba & Torres aren't doing) and has a great attitude. Very reasonable price as well

Juan Mata - 25-27 million

Just what we needed. A bit of flair, movement and intelligence. He's young and he's hungry and also possibly the key to unlocking Torres.

Conclusion: Brilliant signing

Raul Meireles - 12 million

Good player, but the simple fact is that we just do not need him. This has left me baffled. Why, oh why have we swapped Benayoun for Meireles? Will Lampard be dropped for Raul? No. It will probably be Ramires who makes way - which is a damn shame. I wouldn't have minded him if we had a creative midfielder signed up as well. He'll do a good job whenever he plays, I have no doubt about that. But we should have tried for someone else.

Conclusion: (EDIT) Average signing

I have not mentioned Davila but he's also a decent signing. Plus, we have new players in the form of Sturridge and Bosingwa. Albeit Kalouda is still here :doh: but AVB has clearly lost faith in Kalou so I don't think he'll get much playing time. Having Malouda as a sub isn't a bad option.

Anyway, the point of this post was to say that the transfer window was not just about yesterday. If it was then I'd be devastated, but we have already made some good inclusions to our squad. It hasn't been ideal, but with the twats that run our club... not everything is going to go smoothly. Yes the whole creative midfielder thing was fucked up but hopefully we'll address it in January.

Final point: I hope we never deal with Spurs ever again. Fucking cunts. Modric can go to hell as well. At least Raul put in a transfer request to push through the move. Modric should have done the same and made some noises in the media over the last week to indicate that he wasn't happy there so that there would be more pressure on Levy. I'm glad we didn't end up giving them our money.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dis-agree about Raul Mereiles i dont think he is that bad, we were light in terms of midfield numbers and since Ballack has left we haven't had a player that could dominate a midifield in a big game, Raul could be that one.

Spot on with the rest tho and if Gigi Salmon is telling the truth there might even be one more.

Dis-agree about Raul Mereiles i dont think he is that bad, we were light in terms of midfield numbers and since Ballack has left we haven't had a player that could dominate a midifield in a big game, Raul could be that one. Spot on with the rest tho and if Gigi Salmon is telling the truth there might even be one more.

yeah maybe "poor signing" is a bit harsh but I didn't mean it to reflect his qualities as a player but rather that the club didn't get a more creative midfielder which is what we were crying out for.

and what did GS say? Can it really be possible that there's another signing? I thought the deal had to be done by 11pm and medical and rest by 1am?

yeah maybe "poor signing" is a bit harsh but I didn't mean it to reflect his qualities as a player but rather that the club didn't get a more creative midfielder which is what we were crying out for.

and what did GS say? Can it really be possible that there's another signing? I thought the deal had to be done by 11pm and medical and rest by 1am?

from facebook: We Love You Chelsea Yes We Do's Profile

We Love You Chelsea Yes We Do

On Chelsea TV : Gigi Salmon saying that Chelsea FC have signed another player but CFC Didn't say who is this player !!

Let's wait and know !!

A status on the group we love you chelsea we do. I hope it is true then Gigi can go up to Lipton and say i got my facts right want a few tips :lol:

I was against the Meireles signing from the outset, but I've come around a little bit. When it was first being mentioned, I was against it because I thought our attentions and resources should have been focused on better players. Now he's here, and I can see that he does help the midfield as a squad player. He's also a tireless worker that will help with AVB's pressing system.

Now for something completely different:

Spurs. I don't even know where to start. Their smug sense of self-satisfaction over their jammy run in the CL last year, or maybe the fact they think they're a big club though they can only shop of the discount shelf because they get spurned by actual talent (ahem, Juan Mata, ahem). Watching that simpering cur 'Arry on Sky talking to the press like he was some sort of mogul because he was able to get Scott Parker. Twunt. Somehow they got Stoke to pay around £12m for Crouch. Hell, Kalou must be worth a good £15m by the Potters' thinking.

There, now I've calmed down. Just needed to get that last paragraph out.

Okay, so deadline-day was highly disappointing. Everyone was freaking out (me as well to a certain extent) but the posts claming we are going to get trounced by Liverpool, Arsenal, etc were just lol-worthy. FFS. I hope everyone has calmed down by now.

What we have done this summer:

Thibaut Courtois - 8 million

Excellent prospect, decent price. Great job sending him out on loan to a good club where he'll get to play week-in-week-out.

Oriol Romeu - 4.5 million loan

Pissed off that Barca has included a buy-back clause in his contract but I'm sure that if he is successful and happy here, he will decide to stay. And worse comes to worse if Barca do decide to recall him, we'll still make a bit of dosh

Conclusion: Good signing

Romelu Lukaku - 18 million

Again, wonderful prospect. He's already shown glimpses of what he can do (and what Drogba & Torres aren't doing) and has a great attitude. Very reasonable price as well

Juan Mata - 25-27 million

Just what we needed. A bit of flair, movement and intelligence. He's young and he's hungry and also possibly the key to unlocking Torres.

Conclusion: Brilliant signing

Raul Meireles - 12 million

Good player, but the simple fact is that we just do not need him. This has left me baffled. Why, oh why have we swapped Benayoun for Meireles? Will Lampard be dropped for Raul? No. It will probably be Ramires who makes way - which is a damn shame. I wouldn't have minded him if we had a creative midfielder signed up as well. He'll do a good job whenever he plays, I have no doubt about that. But we should have tried for someone else.

Conclusion: (EDIT) Average signing

I have not mentioned Davila but he's also a decent signing. Plus, we have new players in the form of Sturridge and Bosingwa. Albeit Kalouda is still here :doh: but AVB has clearly lost faith in Kalou so I don't think he'll get much playing time. Having Malouda as a sub isn't a bad option.

Anyway, the point of this post was to say that the transfer window was not just about yesterday. If it was then I'd be devastated, but we have already made some good inclusions to our squad. It hasn't been ideal, but with the twats that run our club... not everything is going to go smoothly. Yes the whole creative midfielder thing was fucked up but hopefully we'll address it in January.

Final point: I hope we never deal with Spurs ever again. Fucking cunts. Modric can go to hell as well. At least Raul put in a transfer request to push through the move. Modric should have done the same and made some noises in the media over the last week to indicate that he wasn't happy there so that there would be more pressure on Levy. I'm glad we didn't end up giving them our money.

Why don't you come to these conclusions after these guys have played at least 90 mins for OUR club and manager?

As for the Spurs thing, I agree...annoying bit of business...its their player of course, but the thought that they gave in to Man Utd (in the past) and not us makes it more bitter...

Bottom line is that we have strengthened since last season and judging Meireles yet is impossible because AVB knows him better than most and he knows why he's brought him in. He knows the pace of the premiership and may offer us something. Judge the signing at xmas, not now.

Our new signings are not the only good thing that happened to us this summer. We also saw some positive changes in the staff set-up, and the board seems to be giving Andre more power than they had given to Carlo, Jose, or Felipe. It's too bad we didn't sign Modric or sell Anelkalouda+Ferreira, but there's only so much you can expect in a couple of months. I just hope that we can keep this up.

Our new signings are not the only good thing that happened to us this summer. We also saw some positive changes in the staff set-up, and the board seems to be giving Andre more power than they had given to Carlo, Jose, or Felipe. It's too bad we didn't sign Modric or sell Anelkalouda+Ferreira, but there's only so much you can expect in a couple of months. I just hope that we can keep this up.

We'd have to pay them compensation if they left before their contract ran out. Some contracts run out in summer 2012, cheaper to wait them out...

well what should be the expression after hearing that we got Meireles, Calm/Disappointed/excited? cant tell. He mite be a real handy one for us, who knows. But with these kind of business arent we taking a step behind? Look at our rivals, i thought most of them have done amazing piece of business. AVB had got all the time in the world to access the team and knows the gaps. Agreed that we didnt get Modric but then shouldnt there be a backup plan well in place (if the back up is to play Josh consistently then i really dont mind). We end up sending a 31 yr on loan and azquire a 28 yr old, cant see the logic. Would love to be wrong here.

Now it is to be seen how does AVB uses him in his plans. Who goes out and who stay.

Okay, so deadline-day was highly disappointing. Everyone was freaking out (me as well to a certain extent) but the posts claming we are going to get trounced by Liverpool, Arsenal, etc were just lol-worthy..........

Oh I'm strongly back on your points too..

I agree with your first post in that this has been a very productive transfer window for Chelsea.

However, I don't see why people need to calm down - in fact I'm bewildered how people are against the Meireles transfer. We've signed a classy player for £12 million, which is probably his actual worth - that shows a piece of great business, in my opinion. Furthermore, Raul is a quality, versatile midfielder. Granted he wasn't my first choice now, but he is a Chelsea player and he will have my full, unwavering support as long as he tries to do his best for the club.

I'm not disappointed to miss out on Modric because I am in fact glad we haven't given any money to that shit excuse of a club run by that mug Levy, but I am a little downbeat we didn't bring in someone more creative. Nevertheless, Meireles will improve our midfield options and can offer us a more attacking alternative as a defensive midfielder. I'd love to see something like this:

Meireles

Ramires - Mata/McEachran