The midfield puzzle

Madmax

Maybe Mata can replace Lampard and play a little more forward and wider. He can certainly provide the creativity we need, and he has an eye for goal as well, and I think he can play well in the middle as well. And after watching him today, I think Mata-Ramires combo can be very effective.

--------------Torres-------------

------------Mata-------Sturridge

Perreira--------Ramires-------

---------------Mikel--------------

But I guess it all depends on who we get next week. If we get Moutinho or Modric, Mata will stay on the left wing, and if we get Perreira, Mata may play in the middle or on the right.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikel and Remires cant play in the same midfield. I dont know what's all the hype about Remires's game today, like i said, he had some

good minutes after he got the penalty, but before that he was inexistent in attack and even in defense. I just dont get this player, it seems

that he can do so much more but somehow he doesnt. You cant play with two midfielders that can barley help you on the attacking game.

I wish Remires was like young Essien, but he isnt. He needs to be way more dominant.

If Modric wont come, it will be a problem, but maybe Josh can help with it if he will get the chance. It will be hard with the midfield of

Lampard, Remires and Mikel. Lampard, beside he's not in his best form, cant work the attacking midfield alone, he never done it in Chelsea,

he allways had Ballcak or Essien next to him, Remires doesnt give the same quality. Not even close.

AS ive said everyone thought Deco would kill Iniesta and what happened?

We need depth, Modric won't play every game and in a few years he will be 30, Josh will be 23 and ready to dominate europe. If Modric's arrival does anything to Josh it will improve and enchance him not kill him.

Plus we can't rush him into a first team regular, how many players that are regulars at teens aint burnt out by the time their 29? look at Wilshere he is showing signs of possible burnout already. Robben, Owen, Van Persie other examples.

You persuaded me, or what... : ) And what do you think about Josh's feelings? He played well, but didnt got his chance, its not too good feeling, I think. Do you mind, it would be problem? 2-3-4 years too much. Oh fuck, just come on, close the transfer window, and we will see, what will happen. : ) If Modric or Moutinho won't come, this just an unnecessary conversation.

Mikel and Remires cant play in the same midfield. I dont know what's all the hype about Remires's game today, like i said, he had some

good minutes after he scored, but before that he was inexistent in attack and even in defense. I just dont get this player, it seems that he

can do so much more but somehow he doesnt. You cant play with two midfielders that can barley help you on the attacking game.

I wish Remires was like young Essien, but he isnt. He needs to be way more dominant.

If Modric wont come, it will be a problem, but maybe Josh can help with it if he will get the chance. It will be hard with the midfield of

Lampard, Remires and Mikel. Lampard, beside he's not in his best form, cant work the attacking midfield alone, he never done it in Chelsea,

he allways had Ballcak or Essien next to him, Remires doesnt give the same quality. Not even close.

I honestly thought i was the only one that felt this way. Mikel and Ramires together :no:

This is the formation I'd love us to use more of this season...

chelseateam.jpg

AVB will never bench Lampard for Josh . so be prepared to see less of it this season and don't be suprised if he opts for Drogba or Malouda on the right wing instead of Sturridge on a consistent basis.

don't be suprised if he opts for Drogba or Malouda on the right wing instead of Sturridge on a consistent basis.

He started Kalou insted of Drogba, and he benched Malouda in the same game, so i cant see why he wouldnt start Sturridge.

I realy think Boas builds on Sturridge this season after he saw the pre-season games, I think thats why he brought a LW and not a RW.

He started Kalou insted of Drogba, and he benched Malouda in the same game, so i cant see why he wouldnt start Sturridge.

I realy think Boas builds on Sturridge this season after he saw the pre-season games, I think thats why he brought a LW and not a RW.

Lol..Mata's more than an LW you know...He's equally comfortable on the right, and likes to drop back to midfield..

But yes I think Sturridge could be big part of his plans, if he scores regularly

Tbh in all fairness Sturridge is not a winger so why would we play him out of position, wasting his ability, when at Bolton he was clearly more effective down the middle,

He told you that?

It's hard to deny that AVB's team selection so far has been very questionable

When a fading 33 year old is preferred to Josh against one of the weaker teams in the league and Drogba, who had been poor in previous games, gets the nod ahead of Anelka, arguably our best performer in the WBA game. at RWF. my assertions can therefore be considered reasonable until AVB proves otherwise. No?

Lol..Mata's more than an LW you know...He's equally comfortable on the right, and likes to drop back to midfield..

But yes I think Sturridge could be big part of his plans, if he scores regularly

I know, but in Chelsea he will probably play as an LW.

And i cant see how it made you laugh...

This quote from Ferguson sums up all about Josh -

"I had a player once who said to me that Rooney and [Cristiano] Ronaldo weren't good enough and he was not prepared to wait until they were good enough. But that's the trouble with potential. People don't identify potential. They're very poor at it. I've identified all my life the potential in young people. I know potential. I know how to develop and have faith in it. And young people surprise you when given the opportunity. That's what this club is all about."

Tbh in all fairness Sturridge is not a winger so why would we play him out of position, wasting his ability, when at Bolton he was clearly more effective down the middle,

Im not 100% sure he's a winger either, but AVB played him this way in pre-season and he was our best player.

Ferguson quotes... dear god. Do we have any respect for ourselves or it all just gone?

Is that directed at my post?

No. But I can comment on that

Josh was indentified as a potential, that's why he made his debut at 17. And we are developing him now.

When has Shrek become Utd's most important player?

But if I comment on that. Josh got his debut when he was 17

No. But I can comment on that

Josh was indentified as a potential, that's why he made his debut at 17. And we are developing him now.

When has Shrek become Utd's most important player?

But if I comment on that. Josh got his debut when he was 17

Okay, going off topic, but still.

1. How are we developing Josh by sitting him on the bench? I don't think anyone has asked for him to completely replace Lampard, but surely you must agree that when Lampard underperforms in matches then it would make sense to introduce Josh during the latter stages.

2. We are not asking for Josh to be made 'the most important player' so the Rooney comparison makes no sense.

3. Handing a debut is all well and good, but once potential has been identified, you need to nurture it. Are we really doing that right now?

Okay, going off topic, but still.

1. How are we developing Josh by sitting him on the bench? I don't think anyone has asked for him to completely replace Lampard, but surely you must agree that when Lampard underperforms in matches then it would make sense to introduce Josh during the latter stages.

2. We are not asking for Josh to be made 'the most important player' so the Rooney comparison makes no sense.

3. Handing a debut is all well and good, but once potential has been identified, you need to nurture it. Are we really doing that right now?

It's only start of the season, third game actually.

Andre said that he will now start with rotation.