The midfield puzzle

Madmax

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said Mata on Left wing is Wasted?

Absolutely not.

Mata only starts on the Left Wing and I am sure, AVB will give him the license to move around in the hole. A Bit like Messi who starts on the Right wing but moves around.

You need a defensive midfielder. Would be stupid to have McEchran there. and Lampard is not a defensive midfielder. Mikel is good and he stays

ramires and mikel should usually not be playing in the same team . im not saying to play either josh or frank in a holding position just as part of a three man midfield .

Ramirez is the best player in the midfield and cannot be benched but I am tempted to play this formation for our season.

-----------Mikel--------------------

Modric-----------------------

------------------------------Josh

Studge-------Torres---------Mata

Thats 4-3-3 Barcelona Style with Modric playing the Xavi role, Josh playing the Iniesta Role and Mata playing the Messi Role. Thats Creativity Galore and id bet my jewels on Torres banging them in day in and out. May be sometime later in the season cus at the moment Ramirez is unplayable.

Someone said Mata on Left wing is Wasted?

Absolutely not.

Mata only starts on the Left Wing and I am sure, AVB will give him the license to move around in the hole. A Bit like Messi who starts on the Right wing but moves around.

I suppose so.

I just think we'd be better buying a proper left-winger (such as Perriera for £15million) and then make Mata our playmaker.

After the flight from hell yesterday, I finally made it home. Watched the DVR of the Chelsea game, watched City, watched United today. Compared to the latter two, Chelsea's offense is slow moving, ponderous, and about as exciting as watching paint dry. The offense is painful to watch: receive the ball, turn, pass sideways or backwards, repeat, finally go forward. Watch City and United and the speed of play and attack is night and day compared to Chelsea. I don't think teams need to park the bus against Chelsea because by the time the attack starts moving, they have time to settle and its all so predictable and boring.

Jeez. Watched the Spurs-City and Utd-Arsenal games and they both looked scary. None of our midfield players would make their teams which says it all.

Man Utd vs Chelsea is the Baptism of Fire for the Young Kids at Man Utd. That game will tell us how good the Kids are and How Shit we are if we dont change things. At the moment Id rather Face Arsenal and Spurs ahead of Stoke. Those two teams are in absolute shambles.

Jeez. Watched the Spurs-City and Utd-Arsenal games and they both looked scary. None of our midfield players would make their teams which says it all.

I disagree, i think all of our midfielders are good enough to make it on any of those teams. Our problem in midfield is the structure, our individual midfielders don't play well off each other.

We should've learned our leason last season. When we saw Essien and Lampard performance drop because of the absence of Ballack, if we properly replaced him with a player with similar attributes we wouldn't had this much of a drop off in midfield. Instead what we did is buy Ramires who is identical to Essien, i am not sure if he was to replace Ballack or a cover for an injury prone Essien. Ballack complimented Essien game perfectly, when Essien ventured forth Ballack stayed back. While Lampard is at his best when scoring goals and playing the final passes.

We have good midfielders but they don't play well collectively. Believing replacing Modric with Lamps will solve our midfield issue is not a realistic expectation. Making Modric like some kinda of savior and Lampard as an scapegoat for our dysfunctional midfield. We have an issue in structure.

After the flight from hell yesterday, I finally made it home. Watched the DVR of the Chelsea game, watched City, watched United today. Compared to the latter two, Chelsea's offense is slow moving, ponderous, and about as exciting as watching paint dry. The offense is painful to watch: receive the ball, turn, pass sideways or backwards, repeat, finally go forward. Watch City and United and the speed of play and attack is night and day compared to Chelsea. I don't think teams need to park the bus against Chelsea because by the time the attack starts moving, they have time to settle and its all so predictable and boring.

I absolutely agree with you. Below is AVB's response to the game

"I think all the players are creative, they just express themselves in different ways"

"I think we looked better overall on our 90-minute performance. We had two good second halves against Stoke and West Brom. We had a good 90-minute performance"

It's extremely worrisome that the manager seem satisfied with that pitiful performance. doesn't it.