Juan Mata

Severinb

No.

Im sure he's thinking: "I wish Chelsea wanted to keep me".

They did want to keep him, had he not wanted to go, i am almost certain he would not have gone; Mata wanted an easy way out and Utd were willing to pay silly money for him. Ah well...what a pity...nevermind...

They did want to keep him, had he not wanted to go, i am almost certain he would not have gone; Mata wanted an easy way out and Utd were willing to pay silly money for him. Ah well...what a pity...nevermind...

Easy way out? He moved to United not City and the only reason why he moved there was because Jose sanctioned the move for primarily 2 reasons.

1. The money United were offering to pay (PSG weren't interested at all because their top target was Cabaye)

2. Use the move to get Rooney in the summer.

and maybe perhaps to knock down points from our title contenders but I guess that's being too optimistic as United can't even win against Stoke.

Some people just can't get over Mata... :rolleyes:

Yeah i'm getting a bit bored of seeing it now to be honest

Not like we can't beat the best team in the premier league and one of the highest scoring teams in Europe without him or anything .. :rolleyes:

Some people just can't get over Mata... :rolleyes:

The amount of shit we got in the press and from other fans about us selling our 'best player' always meant there'd be some comments about how much we don't actually miss Mata.

Most of us are just happy that our manager and our club seem to have been proven right.

The amount of shit we got in the press and from other fans about us selling our 'best player' always meant there'd be some comments about how much we don't actually miss Mata.

Most of us are just happy that our manager and our club seem to have been proven right.

But is there any need to reiterate what we already know, like Mata doesn't suit yesterday's game with us? When people talked about him previously, others said get over it. He's gone, Chelsea goes on bla bla bla and now this. The fact that we are winning games and people still find the need to talk about him.

Just get over it.....

But is there any need to reiterate what we already know, like Mata doesn't suit yesterday's game with us? When people talked about him previously, others said get over it. He's gone, Chelsea goes on bla bla bla and now this. The fact that we are winning games and people still find the need to talk about him.

Just get over it.....

Most of us are just enjoying the fact that we've proved the 'experts' wrong. It's not like we're pining for him to come back or finding it painful that he's wearing another team's shirt. It's just a bit of banter.

Most of us are just enjoying the fact that we've proved the 'experts' wrong. It's not like we're pining for him to come back or finding it painful that he's wearing another team's shirt. It's just a bit of banter.

Judging from the comments above, hardly seem like a banter.

In a way I think we should all feel sorry for him. He is a REALLY NICE GUY in person, a great player(not among the best in the world yet and probably never will be) but a really good player who can play really well when on form and GOT THE TEAM BUILT AROUND HIM. 6 months ago after the rumors of Jose going back, we could all imagine Jose making him the spear head, the heart of his new team like he did with Ozil but the exact opposite happens and 5 months later he was sold. If you ask someone at that moment in time would you take Jose or Mata, I am sure the majority would have said the latter.

But now if Jose decides to sell Hazard, I would have no objection to that BECAUSE THE MAN KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND HE WILL BRING IN REPLACEMENT. It just shows that no matter how good of a player you got, if he doesn't fit into the manager's plan he is as good as useless as we found out with Mata. But in a sense it must be disheartening for him, yes it is not his fault that he cannot change his style. If your owner wants to buy a rhino instead of a bull then you just pretty much have to agree with him, no matter how strong the bull or how hard it has worked for you over the year.

From potentially challenging for multiple BPL, CL and cups to now probably fighting for 4th every season. Yes he gets a lot of money more(double his wages apparently) but he loses pretty much everything else. MU doesn't even plan to build the team around him with Shrek and Injury prone Persie up top. He is in that right side again where I don't think he likes or practically effective at.

So tough luck to him, but I really can't disagree with Jose, one of the best manager in modern history. In 20 years we would be looking at him and say how lucky we had him, just like MU who are now in rapid decline thought after Sir Alex retired.

LOOL! so have you finally got over him now?

:lol:

Not gonna go into a petty argument about this again. Like I said before, takes time to move on. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't but that's hardly the point here. Just find it funny people keep on talking about Mata when some said "get over it" previously.

And you know this how? You got some inside information?

Considering how little Mata was played, Id say its pretty clear that Chelsea (or Mourinho) didnt want to keep Mata, especially not considered the bid from United.

And you know this how? You got some inside information?

Considering how little Mata was played, Id say its pretty clear that Chelsea (or Mourinho) didnt want to keep Mata, especially not considered the bid from United.

he did play a ton more than some others who deserved to play way more than mata did. however mata decided to go the easy way (even though mourinho and the team wanted to keep him) and double his wages by joining our rivals.

im not expecting (or hoping) but it wouldnt surprise me if he got 'figo treatment' the next time utd plays @ stamford. dont see how this is any different than it..