Juan Mata

Severinb

why are you talking about strikers? He's a CAM....

Mata is a striker essentially, like Messi is.

Second striker, cam, n10 all the same. Mata is essentially a second striker, not so much a cam if you want to be specific.

he would do well at teams like Juventus, Everton, Man City, Roma, Inter, Marseille, Lyon, Lazio and PSG

But i dont really care about him anyway, he got exposed here under Mourinho, now instead of chasing the money he needs to pick his next club carefully.

Exposed? What do you mean?

Mata wasn't a Jose type player - that doesn't mean he isn't a GOOD player! As for chasing money - he wanted first team football - how can you criticise a player that wants that?

Some short memories here on a great player for us - saddens me how ex players are treated!

Exposed? What do you mean?

Mata wasn't a Jose type player - that doesn't mean he isn't a GOOD player! As for chasing money - he wanted first team football - how can you criticise a player that wants that?

Some short memories here on a great player for us - saddens me how ex players are treated!

exposed because as soon as the team wasnt built around him and things were not going his way, he sulked like a baby instead of showing character and fighting for his place in the team. He couldnt wait to jump ship at the first oppourtunity he had. He is a coward and i am so glad that he is now back on the bench again, he simply isnt good enough for an elite club in a competitive league. Mata got exposed as a fraud at Chelsea and now at United

At Juve he'd slot right in at either CAM or left wing depending on the formation.

I'm not well informed about other teams to know where he could slot in and where he couldn't to be honest. I've been watching basically only Chelsea since the calendar year started.

My point was why he was naming a list made of mostly strikers as a reason to why Mata wouldn't start at those teams. This puzzles me, as he doesn't normally take a striker position (even if he plays immediately behind the striker), but a midfield one...

exposed because as soon as the team wasnt built around him and things were not going his way, he sulked like a baby instead of showing character and fighting for his place in the team. He couldnt wait to jump ship at the first oppourtunity he had. He is a coward and i am so glad that he is now back on the bench again, he simply isnt good enough for an elite club in a competitive league. Mata got exposed as a fraud at Chelsea and now at United

Sulked like a baby? He wasn't in the squad for like the first 4 or maybe 5 league games but he stayed worked hard, fought to get into the squad and did. How is that sulking? He probably had chances to leave in the summer after Jose made it clear Oscar was his number 10. Lets be honest who wouldn't of wanted Mata after his last 2 years at Chelsea at that time? Only a handful of clubs wouldn't like Real, Barca and perhaps Bayern due to the players they already had but sure he couldn't wait to jump ship at the first opportunity he had which is why he left in January not in the summer when it was made clear he wasn't first choice after the Hull game and then the signing of Willian to play ON THE RIGHT WHERE MATA WAS TOLD HE WOULD BE PLAYING BY JOSE.

Exposed like a fraud? The lack of respect for a player who was great here is really frightening. Sure he didn't fit under Jose exactly well but still if anyone can't say he carried us for basically 2 years before hand then they need a long look at themselves.

A coward? If your a coward for wanting to move somewhere to play regularly then sure hes a coward, Salah's a coward, Schurrle's a coward, Lukaku's a coward, Ashley Cole's a coward, Lampard's a coward, David Luiz is a coward, Demba Ba is a coward... anyone who has left us to play regularly since 1905 is a coward then going by your logic.

About Mata's level?

Well what does that mean considering he was our best player for 2 years straight? Were we not a CL quality team at that time? Of course he's a CL quality player... some people seem to think hes shit now a days that he doesn't play for us but he was playing better than Silva was for City in his first 2 years in the PL.

Not a CL quality team but about Mata's level jesus

I'm not underrating him, I love the guy (he's actually still one of my favorite players :wub: ) and think he's a great player. It's just that after the 13-14 season and the one that's currently going on, you don't know how he's changed as a player. For all we know he could be as good as he was two years ago, but I think that's unlikely.

I wouldn't even send my enemy to Inter right now. No one deserves that cruel fate! :P

Inter aren't that bad though, they've got some good players in Icardi, Kovacic, Vidic, Hernanes, Handanovic etc.

Just need a few pieces here and there to be competing again IMO.

Inter aren't that bad though, they've got some good players in Icardi, Kovacic, Vidic, Hernanes, Handanovic etc.

Just need a few pieces here and there to be competing again IMO.

They need a proper manager first and foremost, imo, but their financial issues are going to stand in the way of them competing for top spots unless ownership changes.

At Juve he'd slot right in at either CAM or left wing depending on the formation.

Considering Allegri plays with a diamond midfield at times, Mata might well fit in.

Mata would be perfect at Inter I think, if they built the team around him of course.

Never mind building the team around him, just play him at CAM and his performances are likely to improve a lot. It's been ages since he last played there.

Sulked like a baby? He wasn't in the squad for like the first 4 or maybe 5 league games but he stayed worked hard, fought to get into the squad and did. How is that sulking? He probably had chances to leave in the summer after Jose made it clear Oscar was his number 10. Lets be honest who wouldn't of wanted Mata after his last 2 years at Chelsea at that time? Only a handful of clubs wouldn't like Real, Barca and perhaps Bayern due to the players they already had but sure he couldn't wait to jump ship at the first opportunity he had which is why he left in January not in the summer when it was made clear he wasn't first choice after the Hull game and then the signing of Willian to play ON THE RIGHT WHERE MATA WAS TOLD HE WOULD BE PLAYING BY JOSE.

Exposed like a fraud? The lack of respect for a player who was great here is really frightening. Sure he didn't fit under Jose exactly well but still if anyone can't say he carried us for basically 2 years before hand then they need a long look at themselves.

A coward? If your a coward for wanting to move somewhere to play regularly then sure hes a coward, Salah's a coward, Schurrle's a coward, Lukaku's a coward, Ashley Cole's a coward, Lampard's a coward, David Luiz is a coward, Demba Ba is a coward... anyone who has left us to play regularly since 1905 is a coward then going by your logic.

He sulked like a baby when he got taken off at Southampton, it was absolutley pathetic! and the ironic thing was i saw him on Chelsea TV being interviewed that same season, where he praised his friend Azpilicueta for working so hard in training while he was always on the bench for the first 2 months of the season, and looked impossible for him to break into the 1st team ahead of Cole and Ivanovic, but Azpi worked his socks offf and got his chance and took it! Mata saw that happen in front of him, yet instead of following Azpi's example he sulked like a baby instead

And No he was never going to leave in the summer, not before he kicked a ball for Mourinho, every player wants to work with Jose, and Mata was coming off 2 great seasons at the club, Jose would have told him that he would get chances to play and prove himself (which he did), but he didnt once take his chance in the team under Mourinho, January was his first oppourtunity to leave and he couldnt wait to jump ship. Pathetic.

He is a fruad, and why should i show him respect because he is an ex player who proved to have no back-bone? why do ex players deserve respect when even our current players dont get respect from fans, go to the Willian, Oscar, Mikel, Cahill, and Ivanovic threads and tell people in there to show current Chelsea player some respect, but guess what even if you did no one would listen to you. Mata doesnt deserve respect in my eyes for the way he acted in his last season. Truly pathetic.

and yes he is a coward, not for your bizarre reason, when did i say players are cowards for leaving??? :clown:

To be honest when you look at what is happening to Mata now, you have to go back and really appreciate Benitez because it was really, really difficult to finish 3rd with a front 4 of Torres (beyond shit), Hazard (great but new), Oscar (good but new), Mata (great but limited); a pivot of Ramires and a Lampard chasing the goals record and a back 4 that featured too little Terry and too much Luiz.

To be honest when you look at what is happening to Mata now, you have to go back and really appreciate Benitez because it was really, really difficult to finish 3rd with a front 4 of Torres (beyond shit), Hazard (great but new), Oscar (good but new), Mata (great but limited); a pivot of Ramires and a Lampard chasing the goals record and a back 4 that featured too little Terry and too much Luiz.

That's not to mention the back log of fixtures due to Europa and going far in the FA, we didn't have a great first Xl never mind bench and he managed to juggle the squad really well and got us what we were aiming for that season.

All things considered he did a very good job under the circumstances, do I like him? not particularly (have more respect for him than before mind where I couldn't stand the sight if him), did I want him full time instead of Mous return? hell no but he fulfilled his requirements for us (top 3 main aim trophy bonus) and deserves credit for that.

how well do you all think Juan Mata would be doing in this team right now. Mata Loves CFC more than MUFC he was forced to go to MUFC.

Mata and Cesc in the same team?

Not even Brendan Rodgers is that defensively naive, any half astute manager would target our midfield, they would get the main AM to distract Matic (like Eriksen did on new years day) and overload on Cesc and Juan.

He sulked like a baby when he got taken off at Southampton, it was absolutley pathetic! and the ironic thing was i saw him on Chelsea TV being interviewed that same season, where he praised his friend Azpilicueta for working so hard in training while he was always on the bench for the first 2 months of the season, and looked impossible for him to break into the 1st team ahead of Cole and Ivanovic, but Azpi worked his socks offf and got his chance and took it! Mata saw that happen in front of him, yet instead of following Azpi's example he sulked like a baby instead

And No he was never going to leave in the summer, not before he kicked a ball for Mourinho, every player wants to work with Jose, and Mata was coming off 2 great seasons at the club, Jose would have told him that he would get chances to play and prove himself (which he did), but he didnt once take his chance in the team under Mourinho, January was his first oppourtunity to leave and he couldnt wait to jump ship. Pathetic.

He is a fruad, and why should i show him respect because he is an ex player who proved to have no back-bone? why do ex players deserve respect when even our current players dont get respect from fans, go to the Willian, Oscar, Mikel, Cahill, and Ivanovic threads and tell people in there to show current Chelsea player some respect, but guess what even if you did no one would listen to you. Mata doesnt deserve respect in my eyes for the way he acted in his last season. Truly pathetic.

and yes he is a coward, not for your bizarre reason, when did i say players are cowards for leaving??? :clown:

Dude you are embarrassing yourself - this was a two times player of the year...

Agree with you 100% on current players though :)