Joey Barton

CHOULO19

"Andre Villas-Boas is said to be ready to move into the transfer market with a bid for Newcastle outcast Joey Barton"

http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/192250/20110804/transfer-news-transfers-football-transfers-google-news-chelsea-transfers-stamford-bridge-john-terry.htm

"Barton would love the chance to compete for trophies and play in the Champions League, and would move there like a shot. And with Lampard likely to be rotated more and more, Barton could be an ideal replacement."

http://hereisthecity.com/2011/08/04/five-destinations-for-toon-rebel-joey-barton/

I am aware that links with Barton probably lack credibility but it's a thought right?

I mean he's (his anger problems aside) a good player that always gives a 110% on the field. Plus he plays the same position that we are looking for. He might not be the artist that Modric is, but he's FREE and a deal that we can wrap in a week or so since newcastle are eager to get rid of him.

Anyone else think he'd make a 'not-bad' signing?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Andre Villas-Boas is said to be ready to move into the transfer market with a bid for Newcastle outcast Joey Barton"

http://uk.ibtimes.co...-john-terry.htm

"Barton would love the chance to compete for trophies and play in the Champions League, and would move there like a shot. And with Lampard likely to be rotated more and more, Barton could be an ideal replacement."

http://hereisthecity...el-joey-barton/

I am aware that links with Barton probably lack credibility but it's a thought right?

I mean he's (his anger problems aside) a good player that always gives a 110% on the field. Plus he plays the same position that we are looking for. He might not be the artist that Modric is, but he's FREE and a deal that we can wrap in a week or so since newcastle are eager to get rid of him.

Anyone else think he'd make a 'not-bad' signing?

as well as his faults Joey does have qualities on the field BUT he is NOT a creative play maker which is what WE need

I'm going to raise eyebrows when I say I'd like him at the club. Yes, he's a cunt, but so is Ashley Cole. Besides, he'll learn some manners off of AVB, I'm sure. He's English and got proven EPL experience, and on a free. I'd rather him come than Parker.

What we lack IMO with Essien out, as-well as a obvious creative player, i personally think our top priority has to be a player who can take a big game by the scruff of the neck and Barton fits that bill.

Not one to get exicted about but i will not be angry if we get him either.

I'm going to raise eyebrows when I say I'd like him at the club. Yes, he's a cunt, but so is Ashley Cole. Besides, he'll learn some manners off of AVB, I'm sure. He's English and got proven EPL experience, and on a free. I'd rather him come than Parker.

Barton is a cunt alright, but he is a different sort than Ashley. Joey has a malevolent streak to him. Whereas Ashley is just a prick and a moaner. However, I do agree that coming to Chelsea and AVB could change his attitude a bit. Not necessarily a risk I want to take, but you can't make any money holding the dice.

I think his attitude has become better over the years and could improve with the right manager (namely AVB). I don't think he's worse than ashley cole...by much!

But the point is there are 2 weeks left on the transfer market and he seems like the only deal we could rap before the end of August. We NEED to sign a player who plays this position or we are likely to crash in December.

English players seem to flop the most recently so it might not be a pro as much as a con

I'd like him to come because i think he's an excellent player and his commitment is second to none, ever for a team yesterday that put him up for a free transfer. Yes he's a nutter but he has mellowed down a tiny bit imo and he can tackle, pass, cross and score goals and i love watching him on twitter lol. He might learn a bit in a top team with players like JT as his captain. And he'll be FREE!

Would i accept Joey Barton? Yes i would.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You