Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Guest justin_3d

Another sign of AVB's control over transfers.

If AVB has that power of control, then Roman trust more AVB then he did Carlo?

I'm not sure about this signing. I mean he's a promising player for the future but he's bound to create more selection problems for AVB...that's what got carlo sacked. And I can't help think that signing Lukaku means selling Sturidge!

I'm not sure about this signing. I mean he's a promising player for the future but he's bound to create more selection problems for AVB...that's what got carlo sacked. And I can't help think that signing Lukaku means selling Sturidge!

Why does when a new player get signed they assume its the end for a young one, its hardly ever the case. We here the same crap with Modric, people seem to think McEachran is in trouble if he signs.

Prime example remember when Deco signed for Barcelona? Iniesta was only 19 and was on the verge of breaking through to the first team week in week out, every one thought Deco was going to push him back but did it? no and it won't happen here either.

It actually means getting rid of Anelka and Kalou, not Sturridge.

Prime example remember when Deco signed for Barcelona? Iniesta was only 19 and was on the verge of breaking through to the first team week in week out, every one thought Deco was going to push him back but did it? no and it won't happen here either.

That's barcelona, our owner doesn't exactly have the patience to wait for a player to develop. When was the last a youngster at chelsea was really given a chance to stay and grow in the club? Almost all our young players end up leaving such as: Glen Johnson, Steve Sidwel, Di Santo, and lately Manciene, Bruma.....the list seems endless.

That's barcelona, our owner doesn't exactly have the patience to wait for a player to develop. When was the last a youngster at chelsea was really given a chance to stay and grow in the club? Almost all our young players end up leaving such as: Glen Johnson, Steve Sidwel, Di Santo, and lately Manciene, Bruma.....the list seems endless.

That's such a boring cliche.

FFS stop saying that buying Lukaku means selling of Sturridge! There's no way Sturridge would've been given the chance as a central striker with Torres and Drogba around. Dani will play on the right side while Anelka and Kalou will enjoy the look from the bench.

Drogba will play for another season probably and if Torres doesn't start playing well we'll be without a real striker. Atm yes we don't need Lukaku but he will not be under big pressure and he'll have time to get used to life in England. He's 18!

Johnson? shit defender, getting exposed at Liverpool and England.

Sidwell? should not have made that signing in the first place and he was mid 20's when he joined, hardly a youngster.

Di Santo? shit all round, his goal record aint that much better than Gary Neville's.

Mancienne? never convincing on loan spells.

Bruma? Exposed at times last season and had a rough ride at Leicester, this move is the right one for him.

Those players are hardly world beaters are they?

Glen Johnson - I'd rather have Ivanovic, not that good for Liverpool.

Steve Sidwell - At Fulham. Struggled at Aston Villa.

Di Santo - No idea where he is now, seems to have dissapeared from Earth.

Mancienne - Never was Chelsea quality, never looked like it TBH.

Bruma - 2 year loan deal.

I'm so happy we've signed him, but where does Lukaku fit into the team? Even if we sell Kalou and Anelka (PLEASE ROMAN! :lol:), I can't see him being much more than a bench warmer this season, unfortunately. Torres, Drogba, Malouda, Sturridge and so on aren't easy to win a place over, especially for an 18-year-old.

I'm so happy we've signed him, but where does Lukaku fit into the team? Even if we sell Kalou and Anelka (PLEASE ROMAN! :lol:), I can't see him being much more than a bench warmer this season, unfortunately. Torres, Drogba, Malouda, Sturridge and so on aren't easy to win a place over, especially for an 18-year-old.

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Anelka plays on the right wing

Kalou right wing

Drogba 33

Torres not the same player he once was, risky

Sturridge right wing

+ injuries + ACoN

There's a chance for him to get some playtime considering we'll be competing in 4 competitions and that in a few years we may be without both Torres and Drogba.

1 - Ancelotti was sacked because he wasn't good enough.

2 - "signing Lukaku means selling Sturridge" is nonsense. Because Sturridge won't play in the same position and because next year Drogba will be very old, Kalou will always be shit, we can't say whether Torres will be good or will flop, and thanks to God Anelka will be no longer here.

All the players you've mentioned aren't up to the Chelsea level. If they had stayed, they only would have got the odd apperances in the carling cup and against West Ham. Though, Bruma is another story, he went in loan to get experience. So all of those sales were the right choice to make.

Glen Johnson - I'd rather have Ivanovic, not that good for Liverpool.

He's better than any right-back we currently have, at least offensively.

Steve Sidwell - At Fulham. Struggled at Aston Villa.

I'll agree with you on that.

Di Santo - No idea where he is now, seems to have dissapeared from Earth.

He was a promising skilled young striker but we never really gave him the chance. (I think he's with westham now)

Mancienne - Never was Chelsea quality, never looked like it TBH.

Bruma - 2 year loan deal.

They are still very young but have a lot of potential. Of course they're not yet good enough for chelsea standards, but that is exactly what I meant about us not youngsters a real chance, they won't always become great players but JT wouldn't be the best defender in the world today if he wasn't given the chance to play when he was young.

1 - Ancelotti was sacked because he wasn't good enough.

2 - "signing Lukaku means selling Sturridge" is nonsense. Because Sturridge won't play in the same position and because next year Drogba will be very old, Kalou will always be shit, we can't say whether Torres will be good or will flop, and thanks to God Anelka will be no longer here.

All the players you've mentioned aren't up to the Chelsea level. If they had stayed, they only would have got the odd apperances in the carling cup and against West Ham. Though, Bruma is another story, he went in loan to get experience. So all of those sales were the right choice to make.

Ancelotti was good enough to get us the double in 2009-2010. I hate how everyone seems to have forgotten that!