Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

6 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

29 year old for 30odd million pound or a 22 year old for 50 odd million pound - mind you the 22 year old player is already PL proven, has scored bucket loads of goals for teams which dont boast half of our attacking capabilities compared to a player who has been playing on the wings for the past 2/3 years. 

As for Lukaku's improvement, you must be in a minority of the percent of people thinking his game has bloomed in a lot of aspects. As for cavani as a replacement for costa - another decision in the wrong direction. 

I know all of those things of course yet, of the three, I still prefer Cavani.

Tenfold means x 10, as you know. That might suggest, for example, that if Rom once miscontrolled 1 ball in 3, he would now miscontrol only 1 in 30. If I'm in a minority who know that isn't so then there are either a lot of innumerate people on this site, or an awful lot that don't watch Rom play.

33 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I know all of those things of course yet, of the three, I still prefer Cavani.

Tenfold means x 10, as you know. That might suggest, for example, that if Rom once miscontrolled 1 ball in three, he would now miscontrol only 1 in 30. If I'm in a minority who know that isn't so then there are either a lot of innumerate people on this site, or an awful lot that don't watch Rom play.

Language is a tricky thing. Sometimes common sense should come into play and people should (and they do) look at the essence of the thing rather than being literal.

Good for you if you would prefer Cavani. Hope the board does not. Hope they have had their fill of transfers which should have been done about 5 years ago but have been done now with the likes of pato and falcao.

1 hour ago, chelseafan26 said:

Language is a tricky thing. Sometimes common sense should come into play and people should (and they do) look at the essence of the thing rather than being literal.

Good for you if you would prefer Cavani. Hope the board does not. Hope they have had their fill of transfers which should have been done about 5 years ago but have been done now with the likes of pato and falcao.

I didn't say that I want the club to sign Cavani.

As for language being tricky I suppose you are saying that you don't in fact think that Rom's game has improved tenfold. Good, you're right.

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I didn't say that I want the club to sign Cavani.

As for language being tricky I suppose you are saying that you don't in fact think that Rom's game has improved tenfold. Good, you're right.

Some people have the obsession of getting the last word. You can reply to this post and say what you like because honestly I cant be bothered anymore. 

34 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

Some people have the obsession of getting the last word. You can reply to this post and say what you like because honestly I cant be bothered anymore. 

I can't imagine why you would be bothered to do it but, if you wish, it would be easy enough to flick through various conversations and and satisfy yourself that the obsession you describe does not apply to me. On the other hand it's not realistic for you to make a chiding remark and then to anticipate that the other person will not reply.

2 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Hence why i always advocated for a return to a simpler and primordial language of signs.
Fuck all those fancy words.

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Hence why i always advocated for a return to a simpler and primordial language of signs.
Fuck all those fancy words.

Makes perfect sense.

Now getting on topic, is there anyone who actually would not want Lukaku here? I honestly cant think of a sane reason for us to not go after him if in fact conte wants another good striker to backup/partner/replace costa up front.

16 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Makes perfect sense.

Now getting on topic, is there anyone who actually would not want Lukaku here? I honestly cant think of a sane reason for us to not go after him if in fact conte wants another good striker to backup/partner/replace costa up front.

Yes there is. Sane? You'll have to ask other people. :)

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

How many clear chances the guy missed yesterday? Well 5 at least. But nobody gives a fuck. The next time he scores 1 goal this thread will be full of Mourinho haters.

And dat penalty :ph34r: Reminded me of when i was playing with my mate in the street. He would take the same ridiculous run.

3 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

And dat penalty :ph34r: Reminded me of when i was playing with my mate in the street. He would take the same ridiculous run.

That's your most absurd statement to date ... you clealy have no mates.

• 4 weeks later...

£65 million? :lol: , Overrated. Lazy, Cant hold up the ball, Poor touch etc. He knows how to score but so does Costa. We need to be looking for more technically gifted strikers, shame we missed out on Martial and Dembele. 

Romelu Lukaku’s father predicts striker will leave Everton this summer

Roger Lukaku says Premier League club want £65m to sell star striker 
 Bayern Munich or Manchester United said to be his preferred destination

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/18/romelu-lukaku-father-everton-leave-summer