Guardian picks Chelsea to finish 3rd

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with no improvement from last season 3rd position will be a possibility... the thing is it won't take too much to have us as strong favourites.. maybe 1-2 strong signings, tactical wisdom and motivation injection is all we need for now imho, and I believe that motivation and passion is there already... this squad doesn't like to flop like they did last season, so they will be doing everything to prove otherwise this season.

what so you hope we finish 3rd ?

Guardian's predictions for last year (and actual positions in brackets):

1 Chelsea (2)

2 Man City (3)

3 Man Utd (1)

4 Arsenal (4)

5 Tottenham (5)

6 Liverpool (6)

7 Everton (7)

8 Aston Villa (9)

9 Fulham (8)

10 Bolton (14)

11 Stoke (13)

12 Sunderland (10)

13 Birmingham (18)

14 West Ham (20)

15 Blackburn (15)

16 Newcastle (12)

17 Wigan (16)

18 Wolves (17)

19 West Brom (11)

20 Blackpool (19)

Quote from last years review:

"Liverpool still lack the strength in depth to challenge for the title, but with Roy Hodgson at the helm are bound to improve"

:rolleyes:

Guardian's predictions for last year (and actual positions in brackets):

1 Chelsea (2)

2 Man City (3)

3 Man Utd (1)

4 Arsenal (4)

5 Tottenham (5)

6 Liverpool (6)

7 Everton (7)

8 Aston Villa (9)

9 Fulham (8)

10 Bolton (14)

11 Stoke (13)

12 Sunderland (10)

13 Birmingham (18)

14 West Ham (20)

15 Blackburn (15)

16 Newcastle (12)

17 Wigan (16)

18 Wolves (17)

19 West Brom (11)

20 Blackpool (19)

Quote from last years review:

"Liverpool still lack the strength in depth to challenge for the title, but with Roy Hodgson at the helm are bound to improve"

:rolleyes:

ow i see lol i presumed they would be reasonably accurate .

what so you hope we finish 3rd ? i think its a fair prediction though in my opinion .

No. They picked Liverpool to win in 2009-10 and Chelsea in 2010-11. So yes, I hope they're about as right as they have been the last 2 years. Get it?

3rd is currenty a quite fair prediction, but it remains only a prediction.

Who did they pick for 1st?

They're doling it out by alphabetical order on a daily basis. They picked Arsenal 5th so many readers are thinking it's going to be Man U, City, Chelsea, Liverpool. I think it's pretty obvious it'll be the two Man clubs for 1-2. Though I hope the Guardian comes up with another whopper and pick LFC first.

As has been said already, with no more signings I wouldn't expect us to be fighting for anything above 3rd place.

I do think City have a bigger chance than ever of winning it, especially if Mancini lets them express themselves in an attacking sense.

My prediction - 1. City 2. United 3. Chelsea 4. Liverpool/Arsenal.

They're doling it out by alphabetical order on a daily basis. They picked Arsenal 5th so many readers are thinking it's going to be Man U, City, Chelsea, Liverpool. I think it's pretty obvious it'll be the two Man clubs for 1-2. Though I hope the Guardian comes up with another whopper and pick LFC first.

It would be quite bold of them to pick ManCity to win it, not absurd but interesting about their status.

This is a ficking prediction. Football is an amazing sports because all the time its proving predictions to be wrong.

But 3rd position is fair enough for me. I only hope Villas Boas can manage to do good things for the incoming seasons.

With this current squad, winning the PL will be a great surprise for me. The sad thing is: I think City is likely to win CL before we manage to do that. Thanks our stupid transfer politics of last years...

Guest justin_3d

This is a ficking prediction. Football is an amazing sports because all the time its proving predictions to be wrong.

But 3rd position is fair enough for me. I only hope Villas Boas can manage to do good things for the incoming seasons.

With this current squad, winning the PL will be a great surprise for me. The sad thing is: I think City is likely to win CL before we manage to do that. Thanks our stupid transfer politics of last years...

Yeah i thought about that and it would suck.

We had an amazing squad and the best manager, and could not get pass Liverpool twice....

I can already see it, "City has the winning formula that Roman crave in his CL quest".

But me, i will give the benefit of doubt to AVB. When Carlo came i did not expect a double. So let's see what AVB surprises us with.