Gourlay: youngsters may be loaned

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just commenting on KieranVogel's comment on Anelka's pre-season. When he plays to his strengths and in the centre, he's still quality (but inconsistent and disappears in big games) but he's highly frustrating out on the wings.

Yeah me too haha. Just thought I'd add on to what you were saying, because you're right about him playing down the centre.

Guest justin_3d

Many people forget that we have Yossi back from long term injury, and is performing well.

Also add the addition of Sturridge, and Josh. If these two don't get loan out, that is like 2 new signings if AVB uses them regularly.

Guest justin_3d

The only plus point about not buying any new attackers is that next season we will have two spaces available in the squad (Anelka/Kalou both have just one year contracts) and there will be less competition from the likes of Barca, Man City etc who have already spent big on Sanchez, Aguero etc.

So maybe we're playing it smart and waiting for the summer when we will be the best option for the next group of talent.

Well this is the problem i have with Chelsea.

We buy players and we let them go for free or for a low price with out making much money...

Is the debate i have right now with Alex. I love Alex, but if we are going to get Rajkovic who is good as well, then i think we should consider on cashing Alex.

Well this is the problem i have with Chelsea.

We buy players and we let them go for free or for a low price with out making much money...

You can't help that in that example though.

No-one wants Kalou & Anelka with their ridiculous wages & with what we'd charge. I think Ollie made this point elsewhere.

Guest justin_3d

You can't help that in that example though.

No-one wants Kalou & Anelka with their ridiculous wages & with what we'd charge. I think Ollie made this point elsewhere.

Yeah true that.

We got screw with that.

But I thought at least Anelka could have come to the MLS.

Guest justin_3d

Maybe he will next season, once his contract expires. I hope we don't offer him a new deal! Unless it's a pay-as-you-play deal.

Pay as you play deal might not be that bad for Anelka.

United can have that deal for Owen who does less then Anelka, then I am sure it will not be that bad for Anelka.

Really what all Chelsea fans were waiting to hear. I'm buzzing for this new season now, can't fucking wait.... The one plus is that Drogs is staying.

We were brilliant yesterday against a worse than shit Villa team. If we don't get rid of our shit and don't sign anyone (The 2 we have signed don't even count so don't try that one), we aint gonna improve on next season but we may be struggling to qualify for the UCL. We won't play like we did yesterday against a lot of teams.

In the counter argument, i'd say that Sturridge, Benayoun, McEachran, Ramires, Torres and Luiz kind of count as new signings so we can look at it both ways. I've basically just argued with myself, what a ...

The more i think about it and write what's on my mind, we might actually be alright but we need our wide men to perform. We do really need another winger, however.

im pretty sure romeu will be in the first team squad. Avb has been tracking him apparently whilst at porto so i expect him to feature

im pretty sure romeu will be in the first team squad. Avb has been tracking him apparently whilst at porto so i expect him to feature

For me it's obvious, he is not a 16 year old without experience, he is a 19 years old coming from one the best reserve system in the world and he has the jig (?) suitable for the Premierleague, he is stong and has a great quality for what I hear from. And above all, Villas Boas already wanted him

Yeah but there will be a problem when he is pushed out to the wings. It's at that position we'll be frustrated by him again. I remember after the Sunderland return game last season, Carlo put him in a role just behind the strikers (Torres & Drogba) and he had a fantastic game being the link from midfield to strikers. But the following game, he lost that sharp instinct and went back to doing what he always does, sitting deep.

If he maintains some positional discipline, he will be worth keeping around (till his contract expires that is.)

The problem of the game against Loserpool is that Dalglish came with a 5-4-1 shape with an overdensity in the axis of the midfield, I remember we hit a brick wall because the players restricted themselves with the idea of attacking via the axis as we did at Sunderland. The shape was not made to spread the game as would do wingers because there were Lampard and Essien on the flanks of Mikel

Dalglish did manage to beat Chelsea with his tactic

But the idea is not bad, the complementarity between Anelka and Torres as the complementarity between Benayoun and Nando is so interesting that we need to keep the Anelka behind the striker plan in our minds

I was just commenting on KieranVogel's comment on Anelka's pre-season. When he plays to his strengths and in the centre, he's still quality (but inconsistent and disappears in big games) but he's highly frustrating out on the wings.

I founded him disciplined against Thailand all stars on his wing, Vllas Boas said he was pleased by the attitude of the wingers. Under King Carlo he gave free license to his 3 strikers upfront, Villas Boas seems to prefer real wingers. I think it's a matter of tactical instructions because AVB does not seem to lack authority on the players, his plans seems to strike positively the players because there is great responses on the pich

I believe AVB will bring the best out of him.

Me too

Many people forget that we have Yossi back from long term injury, and is performing well.

Also add the addition of Sturridge, and Josh. If these two don't get loan out, that is like 2 new signings if AVB uses them regularly.

Zhirkov can also be regarded as a recruit, he did never play as a first choice but everytime because of the injuries of X or Y (Lampard, Cole...) or the non-injuries of others (Malouda I see you)

Now his injuries issues seems to be behind him, he is fresh and spontaneous on the pitch, I feel him confident (he would not have try the volley against Kitchee otherwise) and more than before, when he played the last two seasons as a player that Carlo didn't want above all else

But I thought at least Anelka could have come to the MLS.

Because you are American, you should be aware of the fact that his move collapsed because of the salary cap and the foreigner quota that made impossible for NY and LA an eventual move

Of course youngsters will be loaned out, some already have been loaned out. Players like Magnay, Mellis, Clifford, Van Aanholt, Gordon, Taylor will certainly go out and then we have a new group probably ready for loan with the likes of Lalkovic, Billy Clifford, Kaby, Mitrovic, Deen Conteh ect..